Prime Mirko Cop vs Lyoto Machida

U cant knock anyone if u cant hit em.cro cop too big for machida.but would be much slower.machida was the title holder for the most elusive man in mma in his prime.he does have a chance

Although I could see Machida going for one if he was losing and Mirko countering and ending up ontop as in his 2nd fighs with Wand and Barnett.

Actually part of what made his takedown defence so effective is people knew he could actually counter overly aggressive takedowns with his own and threaten from the top.

Yeah, he learned grappling insanely quick for a guy that grew up striking. I guess living with Werdum will do that but I don't think we will ever see another high level striker develop high level defensive wrestling that fast. It took him like 1-2 years to go from decent TDD in the first Wanderlei fight to godlike TDD.

U cant knock anyone if u cant hit em.cro cop too big for machida.but would be much slower.machida was the title holder for the most elusive man in mma in his prime.he does have a chance

LOL, you need to watch some prime Cro Cop fights, he was absolutely not much slower than Machida and might have even been faster.

Prime Cro Cop was 220, like 10-15lbs more than Machida.

LOL, you need to watch some prime Cro Cop fights, he was absolutely not much slower than Machida and might have even been faster.

Prime Cro Cop was 220, like 10-15lbs more than Machida.
Yeah u would look faster fighting bigger heqvier guys at hw.thats why mirko looked fast.no way hes faster than prime machida

Yeah u would look faster fighting bigger heqvier guys at hw.thats why mirko looked fast.no way hes faster than prime machida

I don't know why so many people can't tell if someone/something is fast or not, fast is fast. Chael thought Fedor was fast just for a HW and he's slower than he used to be and threw 3 power shots in less than a second. Cro Cop was close to Fedor in speed. Their isn't a real speed advantage in this hypotethical match up IMO.

Cro Cop also fought the three fastest HWs ever in Fedor, Igor and Aleksander and went 2-1 in those three fights with the wins being head kick KOs.

Do you need to see 2 cars driving side by side to tell if its going fast or not? I don't.

Last edited:
Cro Cop might even win these days

I would have him as the favorite, he uses the clinch and takedowns now and has more of a size advantage. It would be way more of a grappling match now IMO though.

Prime Cro Cop beats prime Machida.
Current Cro Cop beats current Machida.

I don't know why so many people can't tell if someone/something is fast or not, fast is fast. Chael thought Fedor was fast just for a HW and he's slower than he used to be and threw 3 power shots in less than a second. Cro Cop was close to Fedor in speed. Their isn't a real speed advantage in this hypotethical match up IMO.

Cro Cop also fought the three fastest HWs ever in Fedor, Igor and Aleksander and went 2-1 in those three fights with the wins being head kick KOs.

Do you need to see 2 cars driving side by side to tell if its going fast or not? I don't.
Lmao ok u win.hw cro cop is faster than lhw machida lmao.have u even watched how lightning quick machida evades his opponents strikes?watch him vs bonnar u could see how quick he is

Lmao ok u win.hw cro cop is faster than lhw machida lmao.have u even watched how lightning quick machida evades his opponents strikes?watch him vs bonnar u could see how quick he is

LMAO Bonnar is slow as fuck, watch Cro Cop fight Fedor, Igor and Aleksander. Those guys are signifigantly faster than Bonnar and they all have faster hands than Machida. Machida had great timing and good speed, Fedor, Igor and Aleksander were all faster than Machida.

This idea that any random LHW is faster than any random HW is rediculous, it doesn't work that way.

NegativeCaringGoldenretriever-size_restricted.gif

NecessaryZigzagBrownbear-max-1mb.gif

1wNih5.gif

Last edited:
Who do you favor? I have a hard time picking against Cro Cop in this one. He's just such a more seasoned striker and Lyoto won't be able to properly use his grappling to shutdown Mirko.
Cro Cop is a natural HW.
Machida is a natural MW.
Why are you comparing them?

Yes, I know that Machida also fought above LHW once. And he looked FAT. HW is not Machida's desired weight.

The Copster (K-1 version) would decapitate Chida under 2 mins.

Crocop fought the better fighters of a better karate(kyokushin) in Hug and LeBanner. I don't know what Lyoto has to do to even survive, much less eke out a win.

LMAO Bonnar is slow as fuck, watch Cro Cop fight Fedor, Igor and Aleksander. Those guys are signifigantly faster than Bonnar and they all have faster hands than Machida. Machida had great timing and good speed, Fedor, Igor and Aleksander were all faster than Machida.

This idea that any random LHW is faster than any random HW is rediculous, it doesn't work that way.

NegativeCaringGoldenretriever-size_restricted.gif

NecessaryZigzagBrownbear-max-1mb.gif

1wNih5.gif
Lmfao basic physics dude.rashad is even quicker and faster than mirko.yet machida was even faster than rashad.

Back