Prime Mirko Cop vs Lyoto Machida

Thesnake101

Think about it, it worth it.
@Gold
Reaction score
Who do you favor? I have a hard time picking against Cro Cop in this one. He's just such a more seasoned striker and Lyoto won't be able to properly use his grappling to shutdown Mirko.

TF? You wanna see the first death in the octagon? Filipovic by KO

LOOL Machida would get GNP into Bolivian worse than the Romero fight

Prime Emmanuel Yarborough vs Prime Bob Sapp

Whoever lands first.

Both are chinny as hell but fast and powerful (only when they've taken their vitamins though)

Rumble sleeps them both on the same night without breaking a sweat

Prime Mirko was not as chinny as hell.

You're right, he was more than chinny

Bordering on glass

Josh Barnett even said the same thing about Mirko, it's just that Barnett is such a horrible striker that he couldn't capitalize

Come on fess up, what was your previous account before you were banned?

Last edited:
few fighters beat mirko in his prime, machida not being one of them.

It would be a staring contest.

Charitably speaking, a “psychological chess game.”

Who do you favor? I have a hard time picking against Cro Cop in this one. He's just such a more seasoned striker and Lyoto won't be able to properly use his grappling to shutdown Mirko.

first, cro cop is a heavyweight...that right there makes this fight stupid...and 2nd, cro cop in his prime was almost unbeatable in the standup...shogun ko'd him machida ..cro cop was too big, and just too good..

Machida would run away. Cro Cop would manage to get his hands on him and then it would be over. You have to remember that several fighters have stated CC is freakishly strong. That just isn't as noticeable when he fights guys bigger than him.

LOOL Machida would get GNP into Bolivian worse than the Romero fight

ground and pound? only if first cro cop knocks him down with strikes, and the ref doesn't stop the fight and he's forced to finish him off on the ground...but cro cop did not take guys down..he wasn't a wrestler.

Cro Cop by breaking Machida's orbital with a left straight IMO.

Depends.

I can see Mirko getting the KO which has a bigger possibility of happening if the fight takes place in a ring and Cro Cop can trap Machida in a corner.

I can also see Cro Cop chasing Machida all night and either winning a decision by being the aggressor or losing a decision if Machida peppers Cro Cop with shots while he's chasing Machida.

Prime Machida is possibly the best ever at the concept of hitting your opponent but not getting hit yourself.

Prime Cro Cop was a wrecking ball though and it didn't take much for him end fights.

70/30 Cro Cop imo

ground and pound? only if first cro cop knocks him down with strikes, and the ref doesn't stop the fight and he's forced to finish him off on the ground...but cro cop did not take guys down..he wasn't a wrestler.
He could beat him any way he wants the question is stupid as shit . You're right tho I forgot about the dumb as fuck "prime" so I guess he takes his head clean off with a headkick

Depends.

I can see Mirko getting the KO which has a bigger possibility of happening if the fight takes place in a ring and Cro Cop can trap Machida in a corner.

I can also see Cro Cop chasing Machida all night and either winning a decision by being the aggressor or losing a decision if Machida peppers Cro Cop with shots while he's chasing Machida.

Prime Machida is possibly the best ever at the concept of hitting your opponent but not getting hit yourself.

Prime Cro Cop was a wrecking ball though and it didn't take much for him end fights.

70/30 Cro Cop imo

When have you seen Cro Cop chase anyone? I've seen pretty much all of his fights and I don't remember ever seeing that. Cro Cop is not Ryan Bader.

^ Typical response when you have no logical comeback to defend one of your false idols

I'm right though aren't I? your one of the standard UFC hype trolls who likely lost his cool and got himself banned then had to sign up with a new account.

As far as Crocop's chin goes that Randleman fight is hardly proof its glass, plum left hook and then hulk smash GnP.

I mean yeah Mirko wasn't on the same level of chin as say Nog but it was hardly glass and most importantly in his prime his defence was good enough that he didn't get hit clean very often. The older physically shot Mirko with limited mobility during his second UFC run became far easier to hit.

A weak chin for me would be someone like Reem who folds when and goes into his shell when someone lands well on him.

Rumble would be a test for anyone in MMA history standing, the difference is Mirko didn't fold like a house of cards if someone took him down.

He could beat him any way he wants the question is stupid as shit . You're right tho I forgot about the dumb as fuck "prime" so I guess he takes his head clean off with a headkick

His point flew over your head, Cro Cop in his prime didn't go for takedowns, he didn't start doing that till after he was in the UFC.

Back