Prime LHW Anderson Silva VS Current Jon Jones

Jon could win this fight keeping it standing. Anderson is counter striker these days and he probs couldnt land anything good. Reach is just too much.

Jones are too explosive, in mid range, too reachy in long range and too strong in clinch.

No, if Jones reduced his game to just striking, he would get soundly beaten by prime Anderson.

But as Jones can do everything Chael can do a million times better, except talk, he'd beat prime Anderson easily.

At least 40 delusional Anderson fangirls are on Sherdog = Proven.

No, if Jones reduced his game to just striking, he would get soundly beaten by prime Anderson.

But as Jones can do everything Chael can do a million times better, except talk, he'd beat prime Anderson easily.

Okey, Prime Anderson with Cranite chin. And early days Anderson was using presure. That version of Anderson skill wize should beat Jones.

But Anderson after UFC 117 was just counter striker

Prime LHW Anderson Silva?

Anderson is a MW. always has been, always will be.

So comparing them is stupid to be honest.

anderson has fought as low as 168lbs before, and Jones has never fought below 205lbs. the size difference is pretty big between them.

Obviously Jones but I don't think it's a fair comparison, the two fighters are from different generations.

Jon Jones is just a terrible match-up for Anderson. Literally a nightmare. If Chael put him on his back for 5 rounds Jones would be finished with him in less then 2 rounds.

We all know what Chael did to Silva. Bones would murder him with his wrestling.

The first time, when he had the testosterone of 16 men. And he still lost. The second time he just got murdered and Anderson's TDD was vastly better.

Dear God, Jones would kill him.

He'd man on child toss him to his back, and Anderson wouldn't get back until the ref stopped the fight.

The first time, when he had the testosterone of 16 men. And he still lost. The second time he just got murdered and Anderson's TDD was vastly better.

People still don't accurately interpret Chael's test. Oh, Sherdog.

Funny how everybody count anderson out. I don't see jones KOing people left and right like anderson did in his prime. I favor jones 60-40 but anderson has proven he's good off his back and has actual finishes there.

Funny how everybody count anderson out. I don't see jones KOing people left and right like anderson did in his prime. I favor jones 60-40 but anderson has proven he's good off his back and has actual finishes there.

because everyone thinks of the Anderson now vs the Jones of now.

everyone has short term memory.

Anderson has better striking, and his BJJ is pretty decent also. Jones has better wrestling. The thing is Anderson is 6'2 and has a 77.5 inch reach. That would give Jones some trouble.

dont want to make it my official vote, but anderson does have that finishing power.

a betting man should go with jones, but anderson can change a fight in an instant.

Playboy I'm the biggest Anderson fan you'll find but current Bones would toss him to the ground and destroy him with elbows rather easily

because everyone thinks of the Anderson now vs the Jones of now.

everyone has short term memory.

Most sherdoggers started watching like from last year or so.

Also they both fought vs sonnen/vitor/bonnar.

Jones vs sonnen =quick rd1 finish
Jones vs Vitor = late rd4 finish
Jones vs Bonnar = Decision.

Silva vs sonnen =late rd5 finish and 2rd finish
Silva vs vitor = quick rd1 finish
Silva vs Bonnar = rd1 finish.

Yup mmath doesn't work like that but to say jones just murder prime anderson is just wrong.

Nah, Jones is just too good.

He will be the GOAT

Wasteland wins.

The Wasteland
Pro Wrestling, Fantasy Matchups, Rehashed MMA, Chat threads, etc.

apigiv.jpg

Most sherdoggers started watching like from last year or so.

Also they both fought vs sonnen/vitor/bonnar.

Jones vs sonnen =quick rd1 finish
Jones vs Vitor = late rd4 finish
Jones vs Bonnar = Decision.

Silva vs sonnen =late rd5 finish and 2rd finish
Silva vs vitor = quick rd1 finish
Silva vs Bonnar = rd1 finish.

Yup mmath doesn't work like that but to say jones just murder prime anderson is just wrong.

exactly, Anderson in his absolute prime was a beast, and could have KO'ed Jones in any second of a fight against Jones.

lets also not forget Anderson has fought at as little as 168lbs, Jones has been at 205lbs the whole time and will eventually be at HW.
So actual size difference between the 2 is pretty huge.

The comparison is not really fair to be honest.

it is the height of blind nuthugging to pick Anderson.

Anderson has always had an exploitable hole in his game which is when put on his back he struggles to get back up and do anything other than try to ride out the ride while avoiding damage.

Chael landed some ridiculous number (like hundreds of Chael punches) when he had Anderson on the ground. But Anderson did well to keep Chael low in his guard so most shots were not hard. Anderson's game of staying on his back and keeping people in low guard with his body triangle and waiting for the clock to get him back up would be his doom against Jones. Jones would land hellbows all night long from that spot and daze Anderson on his back far worse then Weidman did.

Only nuthuggers who use zero fight analytical skills cannot see that Anderson had no chance. Weidman would have far more chance.

Back