Prime LHW Anderson Silva VS Current Jon Jones

constantly? i know jones isnt know for his top control, but i doubt andys able to get up. jones finishes him via elbows before the end of the first.

To be fair, Anderson doesn't seem to try to get up.

Jones, he's a horrible match up for Anderson just like Weidman is.

Anyone who votes Anderson is purely delusional.

Jones takes Anderson down and mauls him.

I thought it would actually be more in favour of Jones, this poll, what with him winning only 2 nights ago.

I thought the myth of Anderson being able to cope with him would truly have been dispelled over the last few years. Anderson is not a big strong MW. Sonnen & Weidman took him down with ease, so how would Jones fare?

His striking is great but often based on being able to stay at range. That advantage wouldn't exist vs Jones

Jones would demolish him. No doubt about it

Jon Jones at this point is probably the best fighter ever in MMA, I'd only dare to put money on him against an injury free Cain.

Didn't Silva say he didn't want anything to do with Jones or Aldo at his size?

Current form Jones wipes the floor with any version of Anderson Silva. From upkick Silva to Matrix Silva to punter Silva(Vitor fight) to soul less Silva(Weidman fights). Jones wouldn't even need 1 takedown to win either. He could just walk silva to the cage and keep him there for 5 rounds mixing up some of the dirty boxing and knees and spinning shit.

Jones would demolish any version of Anderson. Total squash match.

Any version of Jones (even pre UFC) beat any version of Anderson and make it look easy

first of all anderson had a broken rib or something in the first chael fight.. and chael was on all types of enhancement drugs,, you see what happend to chael second fight.

silva at a high weight in his prime would not be an easy fight for any lhw.. did u see what he did to everyone at LHW.. its see jones do that to ANYONE that is al ight heavy weight and no i dont mean chael or vitor.. cuz anderson beat them as well and their not eve natural lhw's.

i beleive anderson would finish jones just cuz jones would stand with him to prove a point and get brutalized unexpectedly.

but then again.. this is sherdog , ppl here only drool over the lastperson that won.

That is one epic avatar thing. I can't wait to get to that level...it's pimp.

You have to be plat for a gif avatar.

But you can PM a mod with an already made gif of yours that fits the av dimensions and size and ask them to change it for you.

As long as you aren't constantly changing it, they should do it

Really tough call but I'd go with Jones. Anderson is still capable of anything.

I love Anderson but he doesn't stand a chance even vs. Jones two years ago.

We all know what Chael did to Silva. Bones would murder him with his wrestling.

This^

Silva would do worse than Cormier. Jones has a 6-7" reach advantage so Silva would still have issues striking even though he might do better on distant striking than some opponents.

Jon could win this fight keeping it standing. Anderson is counter striker these days and he probs couldnt land anything good. Reach is just too much.

Jones are too explosive, in mid range, too reachy in long range and too strong in clinch.

Back