Prime LHW Anderson Silva VS Current Jon Jones

I'd be rooting for Anderson, but I would be very nervous.

Jones easily.

Phil Davis, Gustafsson, Cormier, and even Rumble would have given Anderson trouble.

Anderson for sure. Jones strength is pushing people onto the cage. Anderson has shown that he is a god with his back to the cage.

Anderson for sure. Jones strength is pushing people onto the cage. Anderson has shown that he is a god with his back to the cage.

If Sonnen took him down and mounted him imagine what Jones would do. There won't be cage hugging because Jones should have Anderson flat on his back in seconds.

Especially against Chris Wei -- oh wait...

Yes, he did pretty good there. He stuffed Weidmans take down attempt and got Weidman in a plum. The plum didn't work out for him, but he controlled him up until that point.

If Anderson woud be as big, as Jones(Reach + Height), He'd have a legit chance to (T)KO or to submit Jon.

I love andersons fights... But jones is about the worst stylistic matchup you can think of. And he seems to have a great chin too

Yes, he did pretty good there. He stuffed Weidmans take down attempt and got Weidman in a plum. The plum didn't work out for him, but he controlled him up until that point.

Well, that's one way of looking at it.

Jones would toss Anderson all over the octagon and smash the hell out of him with elbows

no chance in hell any version of silva beats jones.

jones at 26/27 is the best lhw in the world with only Gus there to possibly beat him.

silva at 29 was getting dominated and finished by lightweight asian fighers.

Jone's grappling and size would be too much. I could see Anderson tagging him a few times but Jones would likely just eat it and glue himself to Silva and likely beat him up on the cage and ground.

Jones would maul Anderson.

Not only a horrible match up but simply a better overall fighter. Anderson would have a solid punchers chance early in the fight, but in all likelyhood he would be taken down and brutalized thereafter. Think Silva/Sonnen 1 but no hail mary submission, just death by elbows

I hate to say it but I'd pick Jones due to his wrestling, GNP and even submissions. One only wishes these dream fights could actually take place. Prime Anderson was like watching a masterpiece of art take shape. The Spider was like the matrix with his movements. Jones is great but not as fluid or sharp as Anderson was in his prime. No one could hit him back then.

It would certainly be interesting to watch them in a striking bout, but Jones would probably take Anderson down and hold him there.

we're doing this now?

Jones over Anderson?

really?

Jones, not even close. He's absolutely gigantic compared to Silva and the strength difference would be incredible.

^ this. He would take Silva down and cut him up and TKO him.

Too big too strong at wresling which is Silva's weakness.

Back