Prime Ali wrecks either Klit brother

:icon_evil

Are you bipolar?

1300.gif

Occasional? Ali was pretty much a notorious clincher. The refs allowed him to break the rules all the time. You think Wlad's clinching and dragging is annoying? Ali wrote the book on that shit. Ali would often hold behind the head and pull his opponents down, a completely illegal move which was part of his main arsenal. This wasn't some occasional tactic.

It's fucking typical. Wlad knocks down an Olympic gold medalist 5 times, 3 times in the one round. Not only is Wlad a bum but Povetkin comes out looking like a bum too. Boxing has such a cynical fan base with a hard on for the past. No matter what they do they never get credit. Wlad gets no credit for knocking down Povetkin. Povetkin gets no credit for getting back up. Wach gets no credit for not only withstanding a barrage of power punches from Wlad but managing to hurt Wlad for the first time in years. Wlad gets no credit for taking the shot in his stride. No matter what they do, no, they'll never compare to some 5"10 light heavyweight who had mafia connections, dodgy decisions, and hand picked opponents ... or whoever or whatever.

Regarding Povetkin, he has the Olympic credentials but he just looked bad last night, not because he was fighting a better man - just the way his punches and footwork looked. His handspeed looked really slow, footwork terrible - all he did most of the fight was charge right in head first into Wlad's chest or armpit all but inviting him to clinch. David Haye looked much more fluid against Wlad, even if he did choose to defend.
Frazier looked much better in those two rounds against Ali than Povetkin against Wlad.

It's an easy fight for Ali.

Wlad has zero character. He's an athlete, not a fighter.

LOL, speaking of character Klitschko's are class act compared to Ali.

Educated, well-spoken always respecting their opponents.

In contrast you have Ali who is running his mouth all the time (bitching, basically), talking bad about everybody and everything, going apeshit every 10 minutes, acting butthurt by throwing his gold medal into the river, refusing to fight for his country thinking he is something special and so on

You have to be an idiot to consider Ali a great character.
Greatest (blown up) ego - yes, definitely, but character is something else.

Regarding the fight with either Klitschko's, his "fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee" wouldn't work as well like against swingers & swarmers he usually fought. Once he faced a fighter who actually could jab (Holmes) he ended sitting on his ass. Yes he was old(er) in that fight, just not THAT old. (38)

Klitschko's are just too strong for Ali and good enough boxers to make it work, IMO.

If Ali could beat either Klit, then Jesse Owen could outrun Bolt on the 100 meters. It would not happen. Either brother would beat Ali. Ali is more hyped up than Bruce Lee.

Whao dude ... you're out of your freaking mind.

Comparing amateurs from 60 to contemporary fighters is stupid

Atheletes are better now than they were back in the day. The Klits would kill Ali

Atheletes are better now than they were back in the day. The Klits would kill Ali

There are differences between athletes and fighters. Wlad would have quited against
Foreman after the first round.
Ali has arguably biggest heart, strongest chin, and insane speed for the HW.

LOL, speaking of character Klitschko's are class act compared to Ali.

Educated, well-spoken always respecting their opponents.

Being educated is no guarantee for having character. I bumped into numerous assbages with a diploma beneath their wings. Stuff like the globalization makes us believe that we're less worth if we don't go to college these days.

In contrast you have Ali who is running his mouth all the time (bitching, basically), talking bad about everybody and everything, going apeshit every 10 minutes, acting butthurt by throwing his gold medal into the river, refusing to fight for his country thinking he is something special and so on

He was a good talker and promoter, the only one who could box and talk, as the Klitschko's stated. Floyd Mayweather in contrast is a terrible talker / personality.
I think with "character" the guy you quoted meant charisma / being entertaining. Wladimir is a polite and flat guy who lacks charisma.

But as far as character goes: Refusing to go to war is a sign of character if anything. He spoke out against people killing each other and sacrificed his job. Further on he admitted he crossed the line with Joe Frazier, which is a sign of character also. A lot of people never admit to their mistakes.

I think you understand the story with the gold medal the wrong way - that was a political statement at that time. Maybe you heard about the racial issues from the 1960ies.

The reason Ali gets love on the entire planet isn't because he's an asshole.

Regarding the fight with either Klitschko's, his "fly like a butterfly, sting like a bee" wouldn't work as well like against swingers & swarmers he usually fought. Once he faced a fighter who actually could jab (Holmes) he ended sitting on his ass. Yes he was old(er) in that fight, just not THAT old. (38)

I speculate that Ali was in the early stages of parkinsons syndrome when he fought Holmes and especially Berbick. I don't deny though that Ali had a problem with good jabbers, as the Norton fight showed. But keep in mind that even that wasn't prime Ali.

Klitschko's are just too strong for Ali and good enough boxers to make it work, IMO.

Watch the first round of Vitali Klitschko vs. Herbie Hide. I suggest that Ali could pull this off the entire fight and do much more.

The main difference for US folks with the Klits is that they are not from the US. This is a deal breaker. Each argument put forward is being done from this subtle thinking. US guys have ruled HW forever and now two freaks of nature frome the Ukraine are killing it for a decade or even longer.

Both Klitschkos are incomparable atheltes: They have the hight, the weight and the power. Most of the HWs in the past were smaller and did not have that much power. The power alone , the first time the left jabs lands, would let Ali rethink his gameplan. Being hit with a bomb makes you do stupid things like Povetkin bullrushing Wlad with his head down to not being hit again straight. The same goes for any fighter who faces Wlad and Vit before his break from boxing (he is not his former self anymore).

To beat the Klits you need someone comparable in power and size and boxing. Boxers with their size and their boxing skills are rare. I give the best shot to Lennox Lewis. He had the size, the power and skills (even heart).

Last edited:

You have to be an idiot to consider Ali a great character.
Greatest (blown up) ego - yes, definitely, but character is something else.

You are an uninformed person.

Ali never threw his medal into a river. That's a myth. He cherished the medal and took it with him everywhere he went and the more likely story is that he lost it.

Refusing to fight for his country? What is this, 1965? I'm amazed at the stupidity of this statement. How could you say something like that with the advantage of a retrospective view. I have so much to say about this but I'm assuming none of it would change your mind so I'll leave it at this.

And finally, the most idiotic statement of all, regarding Ali vs Holmes. First of all Ali might not have been that old, but he was already displaying symptoms which would later be explained by the diagnosis of Parkinson. So obviously he wasn't at his best, to say the least.
Secondly, Ali mauled Liston, who was known to have an excellent jab. And if you'd actually watch the fight you'd see just how effective the stick and move worked for Ali against him.

But on topic, prime Ali might win, but I could see Klitschko taking a decision by wrestlefest.

Yes, a top-5 ALL TIME Heavyweight could probably beat either of the Klitschkos. Why is this a thread again?

Not wanting to fight in the Vietnam War was not something to be ashamed of. That was a war that destroyed a lot of lives, both in Vietnam and the USA. Not only was it a violent war, it was largely a pointless war and one that couldn't really be won.

Ali is no coward for not fighting

I think daemonarch was talking out of his butthole. :D

Ali wouldn't make it imho.

Can you name me one Klitschko opponent with the ability of a prime Ali? The footwork, the reflexes, the speed, stamina. When I look at their opponents, I see a lot of mediocrity and little greatness.

I think daemonarch was talking out of his butthole. :D

Can you name me one Klitschko opponent with the ability of a prime Ali? The footwork, the reflexes, the speed, stamina. When I look at their opponents, I see a lot of mediocrity and little greatness.

Name one Ali opponent with Wlad's ability

Ali had some questionable decisions and struggled in fights he really shouldn't have. He's not invincible. We're to believe that Wepner could knock him down yet Wlad has no chance? There's no such thing as no chance.

Being educated is no guarantee for having character. I bumped into numerous assbages with a diploma beneath their wings. Stuff like the globalization makes us believe that we're less worth if we don't go to college these days.

He was a good talker and promoter, the only one who could box and talk, as the Klitschko's stated. Floyd Mayweather in contrast is a terrible talker / personality.
I think with "character" the guy you quoted meant charisma / being entertaining. Wladimir is a polite and flat guy who lacks charisma.

But as far as character goes: Refusing to go to war is a sign of character if anything. He spoke out against people killing each other and sacrificed his job. Further on he admitted he crossed the line with Joe Frazier, which is a sign of character also. A lot of people never admit to their mistakes.

I think you understand the story with the gold medal the wrong way - that was a political statement at that time. Maybe you heard about the racial issues from the 1960ies.

The reason Ali gets love on the entire planet isn't because he's an asshole.

Yeah, only in today's jingoistic America does refusing to go to war and kill innocent people mean a sign of elitism ("special"), SMH.

Ali was the Pvt. Manning of his day, not because he was a whistle-blower but because he was willing to get in big trouble and risk lifetime improsnment, possibly even charges of treason, for refusing to engage in what is well-recognized as a war crime. If he wasn't a Muslim back then, he would most definitely be labelled a communist sympathizer. And if he were doing it today (and there was a draft), he'd most definitely be labelled a terrorist sympathizer.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back