Prime Ali wrecks either Klit brother

For the record, Ali would later (in his appearance before the Supreme Court, I believe) apologize and retract his "I ain't got no quarrel with the Viet Cong..." statement. Most people don't know this. He also didn't author that statement on his own, that was a line spoon-fed to him by the Muslims, who basically controlled him like a puppet. Almost everything that came out of his mouth during that period was fed to him. At one point, it's been said that his racial rhetoric got so bad that people like Sugar Ray Robinson didn't even want to be around him anymore.

Name one Ali opponent with Wlad's ability

Ali had some questionable decisions and struggled in fights he really shouldn't have. He's not invincible. We're to believe that Wepner could knock him down yet Wlad has no chance? There's no such thing as no chance.

I can't name you one opponent that was like Wladimir or Vitali. We'd have a fight where both men would have an opponent they never had before.

But don't you think that Ali adjusts better during a fight than Wladimir? He was no robotic boxer who listened to the exact instructions of his corner, he boxed out of his skin and reacted to what he saw while fighting. Just like Vitali Klitschko, not Wladimir though. The fight against Foreman is an example of that.

I think we'd have to go back to PRIME Ali so I can confidently pick him over either Klitschko. Cross-comparisons like the Wepner knockdown don't help us here. It's impossibly to know if any knockdowns/knocksouts would occur.

Yeah, only in today's jingoistic America does refusing to go to war and kill innocent people mean a sign of elitism ("special"), SMH.

I didn't imply that, what are you talking about?

For the record, Ali would later (in his appearance before the Supreme Court, I believe) apologize and retract his "I ain't got no quarrel with the Viet Cong..." statement. Most people don't know this. He also didn't author that statement on his own, that was a line spoon-fed to him by the Muslims, who basically controlled him like a puppet. Almost everything that came out of his mouth during that period was fed to him. At one point, it's been said that his racial rhetoric got so bad that people like Sugar Ray Robinson didn't even want to be around him anymore.

With all due respect, I sense that you're pulling this out of your ass.

A lot of people turned their backs on Ali. In fact, Elijah Muhammad turned his back on Ali during his suspension because he didn't want the brotherhood to be associated with a person who was so hated and because Ali wasnt profitable (no fights) anymore.

To make it clear, Ali was most definitely influenced by the NOI during his youth. But he stilll stuck to his principles even during this period. His refusal to enter draft came from something more essential than the ideologies of the NOI. It came from his fear of dying, killing and a deep conviction that the USA were doing something that was unrighteous.

Muhammad Ali wasn't perfect, he was just human like you and me and he has made plenty of mistakes in his lifetime. None of these mistakes have been mentioned in this thread or by his haters (boxing hipsters) in general. This leads me to believe that you are uninformed, biased, but above all: trying to hard to go against the general appraisal of Ali.

The safe, politically correct stance at many boxing related forums is Ali > insert fighters name here.

Do I subscribe to this theory? Nope.

If you has used your brain before posting you would have known that ashi waza means kicking techniques...

you mad ?

ashi waza includes many foot sweeps . Not a whole lot of kicking going on in Judo .

Atheletes are better now than they were back in the day. The Klits would kill Ali

Agreed. I'm not even sure why they bother going ahead with fights. All they need to do is look at the tale of the tape and give the nod to the guy with the best statistics. Style, Intelligence, Experience, Toughness. These things don't matter in boxing.

I would pick either Klit of Ali, especially Wlad. I think his style is bad for Ali.

Wow this thread is brutal. I don't think its a coincidence I don't recognize 75% of the posters. Who are you people and why do you bother posting garbage here?

I suggest anyone to listen to the Ali-Parkinson interview to get an idea of Ali's thinking. The guy wasn't that bright and a lot of what he was saying was probably found to be disgusting at the time even.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=WxNAMOWtbXk#t=3683

It takes about 60 seconds of highlights to realize how much more gifted Ali was then Wlad, or any current HW.

People tend to forget Ali wasn't exactly shy of the clinch either. He would always use his height to pull his opponent's head down.

Unlike Wlad it wasn't his only defensive tool. How is grabbing a man 20-30 times a round legal. Wlad should of been disqualified years ago.

Yes, and how much less technical Ali is than Wlad.

Who cares. Ali is a legend. He wasn't afraid of anybody and never backed down. His fights with Frazier, Foreman, Norton etc.. will be remembered and talked about forever.

I think Ali beats Vitali. But Wlad?? Hmm, that'd be a tougher fight to call. A jab as good as Wlads will trouble any fighter.

I think Ali beats Vitali. But Wlad?? Hmm, that'd be a tougher fight to call. A jab as good as Wlads will trouble any fighter.

I'd be worried about the constant clinching. In a fair boxing match I think Ali wins but if Wlad is allowed to use the clinch over and over and over he probably takes it by decision.

Prime Ali would dance circles around Wlad. His speed and reflexes are outmatched.

people dont understand how powerful wlad is.. i think theres the problem.. its his size and power.

Alexander-Povetkin-vs-Wladimir-Klitschko.jpg

people dont understand how powerful wlad is.. i think theres the problem.. its his size and power.

Alexander-Povetkin-vs-Wladimir-Klitschko.jpg

He's an extremely powerful man that should be brutally knocking guys like Povetkin out. Problem is he doesn't have the guts nor any real defensive skills other than the clinch. People forget that early in his career Wlad was knocking fools out and was quite the offensive fighter. Problem is he got caught a few times as well.

Back