Priest lives a year without god... I think we know what happens

Religion is a natural part of the human condition. It always manifests in some form. People who have not studied theology shouldn't be commenting in this thread.

Religion or rather Theism wont exist in 100 years. It will be laughed at in textbooks

People need the world to end aka world war III before Jesus can come back and save the world. However, what will be the excuse once World War III happens and millions are killed YET no magical supernatural force comes and saves mankind?

That the 'real' WW3 is still yet to come and will instead happen at an unspecified time in the future.

Religion or rather Theism wont exist in 100 years. It will be laughed at in textbooks

People need the world to end aka world war III before Jesus can come back and save the world. However, what will be the excuse once World War III happens and millions are killed YET no magical supernatural force comes and saves mankind?

Well prophecy tells us that there will be a period of great tribulation where he doesn't come. So believers will not need to make an excuse.

The bible never promises that God will come down and join the war against the evildoers. Noone expects that. God is about free will.

Yours is the sort of comment of a person desperate to appear enlightened but really having no idea what he's saying.

This thread reminds me of that 90's song What is God by Haddaway.

What is God
Oh baby, don't hurt me
Don't hurt me no more
Oh, baby don't hurt me
Don't hurt me no more

What is God
Yeah

Oh, I don't know why you're not there
I give you my love, but you don't care
So what is right and what is wrong
Gimme a sign

What is God
Oh baby, don't hurt me
Don't hurt me no more
What is God
Oh baby, don't hurt me
Don't hurt me no more...

This thread is as bad as the one a few weeks ago that purported to carry some great new philosophical "breakthrough" for theism. The only difference is that it covers a news event, but really...pointless thread. Pastors sometimes become atheists, and I suspect that atheists sometimes become pastors. Whodathunk.

Game, set, thread.

So a 7th Day Adventist priest decided to give Atheism a chance. Well...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...espite-falling-woman-s-devoted-Christian.html

After it was said and done he agrees with science that there is no god.

But after 12 months he has admitted that 'looking at the majority of arguments... I don't find there to be a convincing case in my view.'

I think that if any believer lives a year without god they would also come to this conclusion.

please tell me where science says there is no God?

This thread reminds me of that 90's song What is God by Haddaway.

What is God
Oh baby, don't hurt me
Don't hurt me no more
Oh, baby don't hurt me
Don't hurt me no more

What is God
Yeah

Oh, I don't know why you're not there
I give you my love, but you don't care
So what is right and what is wrong
Gimme a sign

What is God
Oh baby, don't hurt me
Don't hurt me no more
What is God
Oh baby, don't hurt me
Don't hurt me no more...

Don't you mean "What is love?"

I was hoping post #2 would be:

He stopped fucking little boys?

Then post #3 would be:

/thread.

He grows a lovely neckbeard, develops acne, gains 40 pounds, dons an awesome fedora and starts railing about "fucking feminists"?

(And starts posting on Sherdog)

He grows a lovely neckbeard, develops acne, gains 40 pounds, dons an awesome fedora and starts railing about "fucking feminists"?

(And starts posting on Sherdog)

Trades wafers for dorritoes and wine for mountain dew... Seriously considers stephen molyneux an important thinker.

tumblr_n03p0mGAqA1rdmsb3o1_500.jpg

This guy knows what's up

Atheist Professor Howard Storm experiences hell... becomes pastor!

[YT]8vj0qKthCgg[/YT]

I bet my life that that guy makes a bundle more being a "pastor" than an atheist. On top of that the video begins with him saying that he loves everyone but then calls them ignorant and basically worthless and everyone on the panel is laughing at non-believers. Feels like a cult video honestly.

If religion is bs it doesn't mean that existence of God is bs too.

Religions are just "theories" on what God is and how he wants us to live, they are all FALSE, but you don't disprove existence of God by disproving religion.

I agree with this 100%! Religion is nothing more than a place to meet business contacts and convince people you are "good". The bible is nothing more than a way for those "good" people to do bad things and justify them. When presented with facts and/or quotes from the bible though, those same people refuse to accept they need to live by those standards. Case and point: welfare here in the U.S. Republicans hate poor people but are the biggest bible thumpers. Weird!!!! Odd!!!!!

Proverbs 14:31
Whoever oppresses a poor man insults his Maker, but he who is generous to the needy honors him.

Matthew 25:35-45
For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.

Tol said:
Atheist Professor Howard Storm experiences hell... becomes pastor!

[YT]8vj0qKthCgg[/YT]
I bet my life that that guy makes a bundle more being a "pastor" than an atheist. On top of that the video begins with him saying that he loves everyone but then calls them ignorant and basically worthless and everyone on the panel is laughing at non-believers. Feels like a cult video honestly.

I dunno, professors on average make pretty good money. Thrill-seeker Mickey Robinson does not become a pastor, but his testimony is similar, and without feeling 'like a cult video.'

[YT]M19g4KtVAGQ[/YT]

Back