Preacher's Daughter back to her old tricks - wants out of CYBORG fight

Lol. Some people will never get over Rousey's loss to Holm.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/12/17/13991226/ufc-holly-holm-cyborg-145-pound-title-rousey-mma-news

498234866.0.jpeg

In an interview on The Luke Thomas Show, Holm wouldn’t confirm that she’d fight Cyborg next if she manages to win the title, even though Thomas directly asked her if she would:

"I know that's probably what they're leaning towards. She's definitely a very big 145er, and...I'm open to whatever fight. I'm always open to whatever challenge comes my way."

“I don't look too far ahead in the future. If you had asked me before my last fight, do I want to fight for the 145-pound title, I would have said I don't know, I have this fight in front of me. I only take it one fight at a time. That's the way I look into it. But I'm always open to whatever comes my way."

/

If I had just gone back-to-back losses for the first time in my career, including a striking clinic from a talented Muay Thai fighter that made me feel frightened and helpless, I wouldn't want any of Cyborg either. But that's not how this works, you say the name you take the fight, woman up Holly! I used to have so much respect for you.
You're an idiot

http://entimports.com/2016/12/holm-...enly-discusses-rousey-rematch-in-same-breath/

It doesn’t take a rocket science to put what Holly Holm is saying together.

In this new interview, Luke Thomas asks the former UFC bantamweight champion if she’s prepared to fight Cris Cyborg if she wins the inaugural featherweight belt. He then asks her if she wins the same fight, would she consider rematching Ronda if Ronda’s able to win later this month.

Holm’s responses are drastically different.

When the Cyborg question is posed, Holm skirts around it, twice! She refuses to visualize a future where she fights Cyborg and doesn’t address it at all. She cites the ole, ‘I’m not looking past my next opponent’ excuse.

Inconsistent to her prior response, Holm is 110% O.K. in looking ahead, if the future involves another fight with Ronda Rousey.

#scared
#quackquack
#candyman

She sounds unsure about even fighting at 145. Why is she in a title fight?

Because in the WME-IMG era, UFC belts are almost as worthless as the alphabet titles in boxing.

She cites the ole, ‘I’m not looking past my next opponent’ excuse.

Are you seriously criticizing Holm for giving the same response that 99.99% of the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB, Premier soccer, WTA, PGA and probably every other sport out there gives when asked about who'd they'd like to play in the next round of the play-offs?

Rookies will talk once or twice about wanting to meet up with some specific team in the next round - and then their coaches jump all over them and they afterwards give the stock response: "I'm not looking past my next opponent." I suspect one of her coaches gave Holm the same talk.

I wonder that you consider it an excuse; the reason it is a stock response is that there's an extremely long history in sport of anyone looking past their present opponent loosing to that opponent. If you want to see Holm vs Cyborg, the last thing you should want to see is Holm looking past her current fight towards Cyborg - its as sure a way of her losing before that fight can happen as I can think of.

Sometimes stock phrases are there for a reason. You have to take things one game at a time, one fight at a time - as soon as you get distracted you lose. A lot of your posts are good, I'm kind of surprised you don't know this.

1. TS can't read

2. Holly is right in being vague because if Ronda wins at 207 there will be the rematch, of course.

Are you seriously criticizing Holm for giving the same response that 99.99% of the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB, Premier soccer, WTA, PGA and probably every other sport out there gives when asked about who'd they'd like to play in the next round of the play-offs?

Rookies will talk once or twice about wanting to meet up with some specific team in the next round - and then their coaches jump all over them and they afterwards give the stock response: "I'm not looking past my next opponent." I suspect one of her coaches gave Holm the same talk.

I wonder that you consider it an excuse; the reason it is a stock response is that there's an extremely long history in sport of anyone looking past their present opponent loosing to that opponent. If you want to see Holm vs Cyborg, the last thing you should want to see is Holm looking past her current fight towards Cyborg - its as sure a way of her losing before that fight can happen as I can think of.

Sometimes stock phrases are there for a reason. You have to take things one game at a time, one fight at a time - as soon as you get distracted you lose. A lot of your posts are good, I'm kind of surprised you don't know this.

That's a nice double portion of word salad but the raw reality is that Holly is sh*t scared of Cyborg and will do anything to avoid her. You could hear her voice was almost starting shaking when discussing it. If you can't handle that, don't shoot the messenger I just keep it 100.

I don't mind if she face the winner of Nunes vs Ronda next if she win.
Same thing if GDR wins.
Cyborg really shouldn't turned this down with the weight excuse.
Honestly I find winner of GDR/Holly vs winner of Nunes/Ronda more interesting.

That's a nice double portion of word salad but the raw reality is that Holly is sh*t scared of Cyborg and will do anything to avoid her. You could hear her voice was almost starting shaking when discussing it. If you can't handle that, don't shoot the messenger I just keep it 100.

I suppose that means in your estimation 99% of professional athletes are sh*t scared, since they all say the same thing. Google it, you'll find everyone from Michael Jordan to Gretzky to Lebron ... well actually, just about everyone in pro sports says it when asked in the playoffs. Its really that stock a reply.

Of course, you're entitled to your own opinion. I think its silly, as I suspect does anyone who follows sports at all, but go for it.

Last edited:
lol say anything less than fawning about a female and the white knight crew start spazzing out and trying to shut you down

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/12/17/13991226/ufc-holly-holm-cyborg-145-pound-title-rousey-mma-news

498234866.0.jpeg

In an interview on The Luke Thomas Show, Holm wouldn’t confirm that she’d fight Cyborg next if she manages to win the title, even though Thomas directly asked her if she would:

"I know that's probably what they're leaning towards. She's definitely a very big 145er, and...I'm open to whatever fight. I'm always open to whatever challenge comes my way."

“I don't look too far ahead in the future. If you had asked me before my last fight, do I want to fight for the 145-pound title, I would have said I don't know, I have this fight in front of me. I only take it one fight at a time. That's the way I look into it. But I'm always open to whatever comes my way."

/

If I had just gone back-to-back losses for the first time in my career, including a striking clinic from a talented Muay Thai fighter that made me feel frightened and helpless, I wouldn't want any of Cyborg either. But that's not how this works, you say the name you take the fight, woman up Holly! I used to have so much respect for you.
Read between the lines. If Ronda wins at 207, and Holly at 208 ... sets up huge rematch for huge money. She's being non-commital cause she wants the money fight. IMHO.

NO ONE wants any part of Cyborg. This title is SUCH a joke. If Holm wins it she's gonna leverage it into a title fight (assuming Ronda wins) at 135, and probably immediately vacate it to avoid Cyborg.

The UFC is in a weird spot right now when it comes to championships. We have this womens 145 pretender fight coming up, where no one could even argue that the winner is the best fighter in their weight class. We have 205, where the best fighter has lost two belts without ever being beaten for them. And does anyone even know who the champion at mens 145 is?

I guess my point is, you can't pin this on Holly. She probably genuinely doesn't know who the UFC would put against her next.

holly has such a fucking nice body, but you can tell that she has that peach fuzz going on with her face. some chicks have that layer all over their face. it creeps me out.

NO ONE wants any part of Cyborg. This title is SUCH a joke. If Holm wins it she's gonna leverage it into a title fight (assuming Ronda wins) at 135, and probably immediately vacate it to avoid Cyborg.
No, I don't think that will happen.
If there's a rematch with RR it will be at 145, so that Ronda has a chance to win a second title (and can still keep her 135 belt in case she loses the rematch).

And yeah, Holly is starting to look a bit duck-ish unfortunately.

I believe your position is that Holly isn't afraid to fight @ 145
If it's for the belt moron. She was not willing to fight a steroid cheater like Cyborg who can make 135 at 145 for nothing. You are posting quotes from her BEFORE the UFC said they were going to have a 145 belt and somehow suggesting the UFC creating a 145 belt changes nothing.

No, I don't think that will happen.
If there's a rematch with RR it will be at 145, so that Ronda has a chance to win a second title (and can still keep her 135 belt in case she loses the rematch).

And yeah, Holly is starting to look a bit duck-ish unfortunately.
This makes much more sense in a bubble, because they you'll have the additional marketing (as if she even needs it) of Ronda being a two-division champ. Problem is EVERYONE will then be clamoring for Ronda/Cyborg at 145. Only way Ronda does this IMO is if she retires immediately after. She DOES NOT want to fight Cyborg.

Back