Preacher's Daughter back to her old tricks - wants out of CYBORG fight

Concrete's thread is a bit misleading. However, if you pair that w/ Holm's camp interview not too long ago about them turning down a fight w/ Cyborg at 145 - you begin to see there is substance behind all this

Here:
http://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/holl...ager-says-accepted-fight-cris-cyborg-not-145/

"Holm and her team accepted a fight under certain conditions with Cris Cyborg, according to her longtime manager, Lenny Fresquez."

“We make decisions as a team,” Fresquez said in a report by Ariel Helwani of MMA Fighting. “We accepted the Cyborg fight up to a certain weight limit [136lb or 138lb]. On two different occasions, we went up on weight, and [Cyborg] turned them down.”

“We did that as a team. As a team, we didn’t want to go up as high 145 pounds.
And that interview was AFTER they agreed to fight for the 145 title? Oh it wasn't ...

And that interview was AFTER they agreed to fight for the 145 title? Oh it wasn't ...
Where did they agree to the title fight? How can there be a title fight at 145 - When Holly & her camp refused to fight at 145? lol.

Last edited:
Yea how dare that woman think twice of fighting a known roider...

Is not like roids turn you into a man or anythi-

santos_cyborg_640_2_640.0.jpeg

<31> <{clintugh}>

I could sell this fight easy "The Preachers Daughter vs Satan's Spawn"

The UFC is so transparent in their bullshit.

This 145 title fight is nothing more than a sham. Cyborg is the 145 women's champion and has been for a very, very long time. Anyone who actually follows MMA knows this.

The UFC didn't want to create a 145 women's title for.............their entire history.

Now all of a sudden, out of the blue, they absolutely NEED to have a 145 title fight before March? It's just total utter bullshit!

They are once again trying to squeeze Cyborg out of the picture, to throw shade, and create an even bigger platform for RR....

It's utterly hilarious watching fans react to this. There isn't 1 single fan who follows MMA who doesn't fully understand that this is EXACTLY what is happening, yet many will go as far as pretending it's not.
Cyborg brought it on herself by acting entitled to special treatment while having a paper thin resume that isn't even as good as Tate, Nunes or most top 5 BWs.

No she quite clearly has been for a very long period of time, and still is today....

Until someone proves otherwise she will still claim this title.
Intelligent fans go by resumes when judging who's the best and not solely their biased eye test while the fighter crushes cans.

Eyeborg's resume is awful especially with regard to RECENT relevance, most of her opponents in the past SIX years other than Coenen have records like 5-1, 6-1, 6-2, 6-4, 8-6, and 8-7 when she fought them. She hasn't proven she's the best in this day and age by a long shot, that's like saying Brock would still be the best if he ran off to Japan and stayed undefeated crushing cans until now after beating Mir.

Last edited:
Ummm...she didn't say anything like that from what I see.

The UFC is so transparent in their bullshit.

This 145 title fight is nothing more than a sham. Cyborg is the 145 women's champion and has been for a very, very long time. Anyone who actually follows MMA knows this.

The UFC didn't want to create a 145 women's title for.............their entire history.

Now all of a sudden, out of the blue, they absolutely NEED to have a 145 title fight before March? It's just total utter bullshit!

They are once again trying to squeeze Cyborg out of the picture, to throw shade, and create an even bigger platform for RR....

It's utterly hilarious watching fans react to this. There isn't 1 single fan who follows MMA who doesn't fully understand that this is EXACTLY what is happening, yet many will go as far as pretending it's not.
Lol. That's why they offered cyborg the fight?

I'm not....She said she would be ready by March...That's not turning down a fight.

Obviously because we follow MMA we KNOW there was absolutely NO RUSH to make the WMMA 145 title they have resisted creating for the entire history of the UFC....

The UFC squeezed her out of the picture by pretending there was a need to create an imaginary 145 title before March....

I mean fellas. It's beyond obvious what is happening.
They swueezed her by asking her to fight. Got it.

Assuming?

Holly's camp was interviewed & admitted they turned down the fight & refused to fight @ 145. It's on the mma news networks.
Awesome. What exactly are you arguing?

Oh and ...

“I guess I thought that it could be a step that would happen,” Holm, 35, told MMAjunkie Radio when asked about the new 145-pound division. “I just didn’t think I would be involved in it. I thought I would still be at the 135 (division).

“But gosh, this opportunity is right in front of me. How do you not take it?”
http://mmajunkie.com/2016/12/ufc-208s-holly-holm-on-145-pound-title-fight-how-do-you-not-take-it

She said she said yes to 145 ..... OOPS! This is why you should never argue just to argue.

Holly has always said she doesnt worry about her next fight, nothing new there...

But the bad part about this title fight is that the winner knows that Cyborg will be the next fight...Its like you are happy to win the 145lb title, but now you are gonna lose it, to Cyborg, and get beat up at the same time...

My bet if she wins the title Dana pushes for a Ronda rematch. Sells more tickets.

TS is an idiot, she doesn't say anything about not fighting Cyborg. Just another troll thread/post

I feel like this pro-Transgendered movement is getting out of hand as they're starting to make shit up for their cause.

Awesome. What exactly are you arguing?

Oh and ...

http://mmajunkie.com/2016/12/ufc-208s-holly-holm-on-145-pound-title-fight-how-do-you-not-take-it

She said she said yes to 145 ..... OOPS! This is why you should never argue just to argue.

Lol - I'm not even arguing. Just stating the facts. Holly & her camp REFUSED to fight Cyborg @ 145.

I believe your position is that Holly isn't afraid to fight @ 145. . . Except to fight Cyborg @ 145 lol. Which is the main title of the thread (Holly wanted out of the fight). Before engaging in a debate you should first read the title of the thread that you click. . .

Heading of this thread is:

"Preachers Daughter back to her old tricks - wants out of CYBORG fight
(oops to you)

I'm not....She said she would be ready by March...That's not turning down a fight.

Obviously because we follow MMA we KNOW there was absolutely NO RUSH to make the WMMA 145 title they have resisted creating for the entire history of the UFC....

The UFC squeezed her out of the picture by pretending there was a need to create an imaginary 145 title before March....

I mean fellas. It's beyond obvious what is happening.

There's another thread in which its reported that the UFC created the 145 division because they need a title fight in February; apparently the bigger venues insist on having a title fight as part of the contract. If that's true, then there was a definite rush - in fact, without that rush there's no division.

In any case, I don't see this as disrespectful or harmful for Cyborg at all; in fact, its arguably excellent for her. She'll get the next title fight, which she almost certainly will win no matter which of these two wins in February. The extra months will give her time to recover fully (if she's not ready in February, then fighting in March means a training camp in which she's not completely recovered). Moreover, it'll give her and the UFC more time to market her. It'll be her against whoever has the title, and a lot of time to build that up. If she has a good manager this will be to her advantage.

And even with a bad manager who doesn't take advantage of the build up time (hopefully not the case), she loses nothing but a few months, which will only help her recovery. This is a winning situation for her, she and the UFC should be working together to make her fight against whoever has the title a big attraction.

More generally, sports is like this - promoters or leagues choose the dates for events, competitors either accept the events or pass. Its like that for just about every sport; players don't decide when the Olympics take place, when the Superbowl takes place, when Wimbleton takes place. The players job is to be ready for whenever it comes; if you're not ready someone else competes in your place. Boxing and MMA have gone away from this, and what's happened is champs going years without defending - its hurting the sport. Better to set a date for a title fight, and if the title holder isn't ready they lose the title, in the same way that if a team's star quarterback is injured for the Superbowl they replace the quarterback instead of moving the event. Or if you want an individual sport, they don't move Wimbleton if the defending champ is injured.

A champ who loses a title this way can always win it back later, its not a big deal in any other sport, it shouldn't be in boxing or MMA.

Back