PPL who can beat weidman at middleweight

Weidman would murder Palhares. How do so many still overrate him after the performances he's put on? He has fantastic jiu-jitsu, but that's about it. Weidman has awesome jitz AND fantastic wrestling, not to mention decent striking.

The other fights are a lot closer and I'm not going to pretend to know how they would all play out.

Why does knocking out Munoz mean you're unstoppable?

Dunno. Why does choking out Ryan Bader make you unstoppable? Dunno, but it wasn't hard to see that Jon Jones was something special and it isn't hard to see that Weidman is something special.

Why not Vitor? He is the guy who almost finished JBJ, I'm sure he could catch Weidman, his current losses are against two of the top 5 p4p guys.

Dunno. Why does choking out Ryan Bader make you unstoppable? Dunno, but it wasn't hard to see that Jon Jones was something special and it isn't hard to see that Weidman is something special.

Lol don't even try to compare Weidman and JBJ. Jon Jones was doing shit people have never seen before and slamming people who typically don't get slammed. What has Weidman shown us that we haven't seen before? It's all hype, he'll develop into a good fighter, might even be top 5 for a very long time.

At this time I'd bet that Belcher, Bisping, and maybe even Boetsch would beat him.

. What has Weidman shown us that we haven't seen before? .

Become the #2 ranked MW in the world with with 9 fights to his name. He did this by being fast tracked in a way nobody else could nor would.

Become the #2 ranked MW in the world with with 9 fights to his name. He did this by being fast tracked in a way nobody else could nor would.

Yeah he is the #2 guy at MW no doubt about it.

All the Weidman hate from Silva because of a couple trolls.

Palhares subs him? Really? You think Belcher has a better top game than Weidman?

Anyone can beat anyone on any given night but I'd favor Weidman over anyone sans Silva.

I'd favor Chael and Bisbing over him.

I didn't try. I did.

And you just made yourself look like an absolute idiot... Moving along!

Junior Dos Santos made it up to contender fairly quickly and is unbeaten in the UFC, JBJ would have been the same without that DQ (where he dominated the whole time). And it shouldn't be a surprise that Chris made it there fast, especially with all of you guys runnin around talkin about how weak MW is.

Even still, you know I was talking about skill set. Put him in with a technical striker with decent hips and he'll struggle. He is good won't deny that, he just isn't as good as his fans/bandwagoners would make it seem.

i dont think anyone at middleweight would beat him. besides silva and maybe lombard.
the true reasoning behind his hype is because he almost beat and submitted andre galvao at ADCC when he was just a purple belt

Weidman has avoided most of the tought fights a MW and has not really beaten any big names. I think Vitor,Bisping,Okami,Sonnen,Belcher,Hendo,Boetsch would all beat Weidman.

Lol Weidman would have handled Boetsch and more then likely subbed Chael

But he is overrated.

you can always spot Anderson's biggest fans by how badly they try to diminish Weidman.

I think they have less confidence in Anderson then his biggest haters and if they get their way they will steer his career around everyone who poses an interesting style challenge while arguing why the Bisping's of the world deserve their shot.

IMO that is so sad. The only fan base in the world I know of where they want their guy to avoid his stylistically tougher divisional matchups instead wanting to see him pound them down and prove he is the best.

I think Anderson ko's Weidman but I want to see it done and not to have him avoid the fight so we can just proclaim him better.

you can always spot Anderson's biggest fans by how badly they try to diminish Weidman.

I think they have less confidence in Anderson then his biggest haters and if they get their way they will steer his career around everyone who poses an interesting style challenge while arguing why the Bisping's of the world deserve their shot.

IMO that is so sad. The only fan base in the world I know of where they want their guy to avoid his stylistically tougher divisional matchups instead wanting to see him pound them down and prove he is the best.

I think Anderson ko's Weidman but I want to see it done and not to have him avoid the fight so we can just proclaim him better.

It is definitely interesting how Bisping suddenly became so popular on the internet as soon as people could whine he should have beaten Chael and thus deny Chael's opportunity for a rematch that made a lot of Anderson fans nervous.

Back