PPL who can beat weidman at middleweight

yeah, bisping is a scrappy s.o.b. he would probably survive to the final bell, but i wouldn't be shocked if weidman caught him with a sub.

I'll agree with that. I know Bisping thinks he has great BJJ but until I actually see it... I won't buy it

Here is a guarantee I am willing to make.

If Bisping loses to Vitor and Tim Boetsch beats Constantinos Philippou the same Anderson fans who were already trashing Boetsch as a garbage potential win for Weidman and suggesting even with a win over him, Weidman still needed to beat another top 10 MW before deserving Anderson, will suddenly start arguing Boetsch deserves the title shot ahead of Weidman.

Anderson fans do not want to see him against someone who can do to him what Lutter did but with a gas tank and a real threat of finishing from that spot. Lutter, SOnnen1, Sonnen2 and Hendo all put Anderson in very bad spots at the start of those fights. Weidman is a true threat if he can repeat the Lutter performance without gassing.

And because of that Anderson fans only want contenders who will stand with him. Sadly they do not have the confidence in Anderson that even many who are neutral on him do.

I think all Jones fans want to see him fight every top LHW. Especially the ones people think can beat him.

I think every GSP fan wants to see him fight every top WW. Especially the ones people think can beat him.

I think that goes for the fans of every champ except the core group of Anderson fans we see here who argue only for easier fights for him.

i absolutely agree. i'm a huge weidman fan, but i would concede that silva should be favored against the all american in a potential match. weidman would be a great test to see how silva would fair facing someone who's as big as him, and can pose a threat in a number of different areas:

td's, gnp, subs, great sub defense, ko power.

in the past you could say silva faced guys who might have 1 or 2 of those things, but weidman has them all and in spades.

I think beating a Top MW on a week's notice without any training camp whatsoever is pretty great.

But that's just me.

This is how ridiculous Anderson fans get to try and discredit Weidman and his wins.

An unranked MW (Weidman) takes on and beats a top 5 MW (Maia) and does so after a horrible weight cut that leaves him way less then optimal.

Instead of giving Weidman credit for managing to win in any way, ugly or not, they basically say that despite the horrid weight cut and despite him being an unranked guy beating a top 5 guy...it is not impressive unless he dominates Maia like he does not even belong.

Sorry but anyway an unranked guy takes out a top ranked guy, especially after a horrid cut, is impressive.

I was thinking Okami as well. He'd give him fits but I think Chris could take it home.

Machida would win, hendo would be close as would rashad if he dropped down.

Id be interested in Silva v weidman next but weidman losing via tko is all I see happening.

This is how ridiculous Anderson fans get to try and discredit Weidman and his wins.

An unranked MW (Weidman) takes on and beats a top 5 MW (Maia) and does so after a horrible weight cut that leaves him way less then optimal.

Instead of giving Weidman credit for managing to win in any way, ugly or not, they basically say that despite the horrid weight cut and despite him being an unranked guy beating a top 5 guy...it is not impressive unless he dominates Maia like he does not even belong.

Sorry but anyway an unranked guy takes out a top ranked guy, especially after a horrid cut, is impressive.

then they kiss anderson's ass for getting grapple-fcked by sonnen for 4.5 rounds and getting a last minute triangle because he was allegedly hurt coming into the fight.

It's what I asked... Pony up an answer.

Uhhh... Okay.

DemianMaia.jpg

He was top 10 and it was the worst fight of the year.

Maia was a good win but simply beating him and Munoz doesn't put him or his delusional fans(anderson haters) in a position to demand a title shot.

And if Anderson beat him now he wouldnt get any credit for it. Better for both Anderson and Weidman to let him build himself up a bit before throwing him to the wolf.

He beat Maia standing not on the ground, you knew what he meant.

huh? did you watch the fight? he took maia down whenever he felt like it, stayed in his guard with absolutely no regard for demain's bjj, and won an easy decision.

Back