Power difference was just insane

Andrei Orlovski

UFC black belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Every strike Poirier landed moved Max. Max needs to go back to his weight for sure.

Yeah, Dustin was at another level tonight. He smashed Max.

The power was definitely evident, but Dustin has some very nice boxing skills that seem to be going unnoticed, he has legit MMA boxing.

Yeah I thought Holloway's power was going to translate through alot better

People really thought Max would just move forward against anybody. It's simply untrue. And if Max isn't moving forward usually he isn't winning.

Yeah, Dustin was bigger and stronger. Dustin had reach too. Holloway was relying on late volume where his cardio and chin could carry him... but Dustin was careful with his energy

Max looked skinny and vulnarable. Dustin looked thick and solid.

Yep, every time Poirier landed cleanly it had noticeable impact. Even the shots that seemed to stun Poirier didn't habe noticeable impact. If Max wants to come to LW, he needs to come to LW. Add the weight, add the muscle. Go all in and forget FW exists.

With that said, if he can continue to make 145 I think tonight shows that he should. It looked like a FW trying to fight a LW.

lol there is a reason why Jose didn't move up. Max showed us and even Conor showed us why they cut so much to make 145.

Lightweight is the land of the killers. FW & WW's need to stay in their lane

I was impressed with Poiriers boxing, dude rekt Holloway in round 1

Yeah, Dustin was at another level tonight. He smashed Max.

Nah. Dustin was bigger. Max still easily outlanded him in every round except the first. He just didn't have the power behind his shots like Dustin had. Max fought great but Dustin absorbed everything he threw and his face didn't look as busted up which is why he won.

I feel like if he just focused on this power jabs, he could have had as much success without gasing so much.

Holloway has never been a powerful guy, always a volume puncher. And it almost worked. Poirier just had better cardio than other Holloway opponent. If I was gameplaning against Holloway, first thing I would say is "dont try to finish".

Back