Opinion POTWR 2019 Vol 10: What Do You Like About The War Room And What Would You Change?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want issue driven mailing drives.

I don't know how to make that happen.

I would change the religious stance of most posters to a more healthy one.

What keeps me coming back is the constant flow of new information and ideas. What I'd like to change is any impediment to consumption and exchange of that information and those ideas. But what I want and what I think should be done are 2 different things. I'd like to see more perma bans, not less, more restrictions on what people with yellow and double yellow cards can do, recognition for improved/consistently beneficial behaviour, basically a call to action to members to be better. But I understand how this can stifle conversation and lower overall participation and since I don't see a way around that, I'm forced to concede the status quo is about as good as it's going to get. I think I can live with that.

Last edited:
What keeps me coming back is the constant flow of new information and ideas. What I'd like to change is any impediment to consumption and exchange of that information and those ideas. But what I want and what I think should be done are 2 different things. I'd like to see more perma bans, not less, more restrictions on what people with yellow and double yellow cards can do, recognition for improved/consistently beneficial behaviour, basically a call to action to members to be better. But I understand how this can stifle conversation and lower overall participation and since I don't see a way around that, I'm forced to concede the status quo is about as good as it's going to get. I think I can live with that.
Agree, but I think we normal posters have to push that. Mods cant effectively make any of those changes (they can only make it worse).

This isn't WR specific.

The yellow card system is useless. One of the other forums I go to has a probation system that works very well. Basically if you fuck around the mods revoke your ability to post for a certain period of time and they can also limit your ability to make threads. If you fuck around hard then you get banned.

Right now all the mods can do is give out yellows that don't actually do anything or ban people entirely.

This isn't WR specific.

The yellow card system is useless. One of the other forums I go to has a probation system that works very well. Basically if you fuck around the mods revoke your ability to post for a certain period of time and they can also limit your ability to make threads. If you fuck around hard then you get banned.

Right now all the mods can do is give out yellows that don't actually do anything or ban people entirely.
I agree with this. I got dubs one time for something in the war room, but got banned from the OT for 30 days.

I could still post in the war room though..

{<huh}

Every rightwing poster in here would have yellows within a week if this was seriously implemented. I'd be happy to see habitual bad faith posters actually get carded going forward.

EVERY? Dude.

{<huh}<Huh2>

Shine on you

Every rightwing poster in here would have yellows within a week if this was seriously implemented. I'd be happy to see habitual bad faith posters actually get carded going forward.

Way way way too much of this shit right here.

Practice tolerance. Even to stuff you dont like. Stop reporting everything and everyone. Look at the sheer volume of yellows in this thread alone. Then think about the volume of posters that have have been banned.

Keep it up and it will be a tiny echo chamber that will just die.

Both sides can be honest and grow a thicker skin. I am not saying make it like the OT. I'm saying recognize that all this crybaby bullshit is best left on FaceSpace. If you cant tolerate people saying shit you dont agree with maybe YOU should leave.

Oh, and partisan mods having a bad day need to step the fuck back outta here. Take a few deep breaths. You know who you are.

Practice tolerance. Even to stuff you dont like. Stop reporting everything and everyone. Look at the sheer volume of yellows in this thread alone. Then think about the volume of posters that have have been banned.

Both sides can be honest and grow a thicker skin. I am not saying make it like the OT. I'm saying recognize that all this crybaby bullshit is best left on FaceSpace. If you cant tolerate people saying shit you dont agree with maybe YOU should leave.

Oh, and partisan mods having a bad day need to step the fuck back outta here. Take a few deep breaths. You know who you are.

@Stoic1 for mod.

...... @Warlord Palis is the only yellow in this thread that I see. We know Palis likes to be an edge lord sometimes. For the most part the mods here do a decent job. To pretend like the right has any thicker skin than the left is assuming to me as well. There are just as many people reporting on the right as the left, yet you fail to call those guys out. Your partisanship is showing through here brother.

...... @Warlord Palis is the only yellow in this thread that I see. We know Palis likes to be an edge lord sometimes. For the most part the mods here do a decent job. To pretend like the right has any thicker skin than the left is assuming to me as well. There are just as many people reporting on the right as the left, yet you fail to call those guys out. Your partisanship is showing through here brother.

Can you point out the part where I said that the right has thicker skin than the left? And the part where I said that the left reports more than the right?

Your hoohaa is showing, brother.

Can you point out the part where I said that the right has thicker skin than the left? And the part where I said that the left reports more than the right?

<mma1>

Maybe you are referring to everyone in a broader sense, but my observations of your posting, leads me to doubt that. Im sure we can find you a safe space on here to post in, let me check ill get back with you.

Damn... you slapped that ho with this.

He just wanted to open his mouth, spew his tribalism, retaliate, try and make it seem like both sides distribute equal parts in this while attacking me.

Everyone, including the TDS side knows who reports people the most, who wants to silence people and get them banned. Trying to argue out of this any other way is laughable.

Damn... you slapped that ho with this.

He just wanted to open his mouth, spew his tribalism, retaliate, try and make it seem like both sides distribute equal parts in this while attacking me.

Everyone, including the TDS side knows who reports people the most, who wants to silence people and get them banned. Trying to argue out of this any other way is laughable.

<24>

Poor Palis, how persecuted you must feel. Couldnt even throw me up a tag? Thats pretty weak. Cry a little bit more for me, your tears are satisfying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back