1. Walt Harris' daughter is missing around Auburn, Alabama. Please read this thread for more information.

Opinion POTWR 2019 Vol 10: What Do You Like About The War Room And What Would You Change?

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by Cubo de Sangre, May 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cubo de Sangre

Cubo de Sangre Titanium Belt

Greetings War Room Sherbros,

Welcome to the next installment of the Presidential sticky-threads. This time around let's hear your opinion of our War Room. Thanks to all of us it's one of the most trafficked sub-forums on Sherdog. I want to know what keeps you coming back and what you'd change if you could.

Cheers,

Cubo

***This is an ongoing series of sticky-threads that will take on various topics in varying ways. If you're interested in leading a discussion on something please take a look at this thread and then send me a PM with your ideas.

POTWR 2019 Vol 1: Shots Fired! Examining Police Shootings In America
    POTWR 2019 Vol 2: Happy Happy Joy Joy
    POTWR 2019 Vol 3: Examining Opioid Addiction In America
    POTWR 2019 Vol 4: Repeal Or Respect The 2nd Amendment?
    POTWR 2019 Vol 5: Based On Known Facts, Would You Remove Trump From Office?
    POTWR 2019 Vol 6: Internet Security Basics
    POTWR 2019 Vol 7: Change My Mind That The Word "Platform" Is Orwellian
    POTWR 2019 Vol 8: Should The Right To Keep And Bear Arms Be An International Human Right?
    POTWR 2019 Vol 9: Is Social Media Access Damaging To Our Youth?

SIRGAY HARITONOB! likes this.
  2. Sketch

Sketch ?.?.?.?.?.?

I like the lounge thread, it's a nice place to chat and kick it back with posters in a more relaxed setting. I think the lounge allows for people to mingle and share ideas in a less typically hostile environment some of the threads here turn into.

I like the moderation here for the most part, I don't agree with all of the calls made but for such a sensitive topic which is politics naturally I think the moderators do a good job of keeping the peace and ensuring order.

I don't like the elitism among some of the left leaning posters here. They seem to have the idea that they know best and anyone else is just a moron. I won't name names, but lately some posters have started to say that anybody on the 'center' is essentially a piece of shit. I think that's absurd and we should encourage ideas being able to meet in the middle. On the flip-side I think some of the right leaning posters here make things way to fucking racy at times like the recent 'Is it ok to rape your wife thread' as well as the abortion threads which turn way too religious for my liking.

3. SIRGAY HARITONOB!

SIRGAY HARITONOB! RED ARMY BELT

I like that it's not just (supposed to be) a place where we call each other names for no reason (like the ot)

Where we can talk about current events going on in the world. With a little name calling mixed in.

I like that the bots, agent provocateurs and paid shills arent readily apparent either, like some other places on the internet. Not yet, atleast.

[​IMG]

4. LogicalInsanity

LogicalInsanity Love all of you sexy bitches

Bring back Ripskater and RR obviously. (and for you Mods who have been silent about RR, shame on you. grow some fu*king balls)

and seriously, ban obvious troll accounts like @kenetics and @WarDosAnjos .

they are ridiculous caricatures and offer nothing that forwards honest debate.

and rein in some of the power happy mods who delete comments, and shut down threads for no justified reason.

Last edited: May 13, 2019
  5. luckyshot

luckyshot The ONLY iPotWR Platinum Member

Obviously, I would change the results of certain elections...

Also @LogicalInsanity Rip, I have no insight on, but RR abused his moderating power several times.

6. Sketch

Sketch ?.?.?.?.?.?

I think the election was fair.

7. luckyshot

[​IMG]

Actually, this one's better for me:
    [​IMG]

Also, to answer TS, question, @Sketch one of my favorite parts of the WR are the excellent PotWR threads provided by @Cubo de Sangre . How tastes my sportsmanship now?

Also, I like the excellent moderating. @Lead

I also like the lounge.

I also like the posters, whose posts I like, and they can tell I like them, because I hit the like (to like them).

8. Lead

Lead /Led/ Staff Member Senior Moderator

I could be wrong but I believe he will be back eventually. Give it some time.

9. SIRGAY HARITONOB!

SIRGAY HARITONOB! RED ARMY BELT

I like your post but I dont think kenetics is a troll and I'm kinda surprised someone would think that. But let me not derail this thread.

10. LogicalInsanity

Granted, there are racist libs as stupid as he is IRL. but his act is so over the top and transparent.

Crazy Diamond and Cubo de Sangre like this.
  11. LogicalInsanity

and for real...if we're going to allow back Homerthompson, why TF isn't Rip given a 2nd chance?

12. Sketch

Sketch ?.?.?.?.?.?

Thank you for clearing this up, I have adjusted my original post towards you as a means of offering an olive branch. Cheers.

13. luckyshot

I don't want your pity.

14. Tycho Brah

Tycho Brah You drink water, I drink anarchy Platinum Member

I remember when I used to post in the Misc, there was a Science and Politics subforum or something like that. It was really hard to make sense of - the threads were oddly particular and specific, many of the posts were direct attacks or aimless braying, and overall the subforum was a very active but very pointless clusterfuck.

The War Room is better than that for now, but I wonder how long that will keep up. It's become more and more team cheerleading in the time I've been here and less advancement of any real economic or policy issues.

The good threads are still good, but it would be nice if there could be more of them and if they could be about more substantive topics.

15. Lowmanproblems

Lowmanproblems Red Belt Platinum Member

The WR is a cool sub forum. It is full of personalities, and the mods are pretty lax for the most part. Sure I would like to see less perma bans, but usually those guys get warning and proceed to cross the line anyways.

The one thing I would change is the damn thread tags. They are the worst thing ever done to this sub forum. @Lead can take his progressive idea and can it. :D

16. Lead

Lead /Led/ Staff Member Senior Moderator

Well.. that's just like... your Opinion man

17. senri

senri The belt that resides inside you

Yes Mr. Lead. He is molting wonderfully....

18. Sketch

Sketch ?.?.?.?.?.?

I've known this for quite some time, but I didn't want to mention it until now;

You joined on March 2nd 2007, I joined March 13 2007. There is 11 days between our joining on this forum, and at the same year.

The number 11 is a Master Number which means that it resonates at an extremely high vibration.

19. Sketch

Sketch ?.?.?.?.?.?

Lowmanproblems likes this.
  20. senri

senri The belt that resides inside you

Yes Mr. Sketch you are an ancient one, a relic of a different epoch. Which is why you are critical in the assuaging of the new age flesh. They must all be coated with the benevolence of the glorious Nexus...

Crazy Diamond and Sketch like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.