Post Your Gloves/Gear

Am I the only one here who thinks the kanpekis are really ugly?

Am I the only one here who thinks the kanpekis are really ugly?

I think the prices are ugly if anything. Only thing that has seemingly changed are the aesthetics and even though i'm down for cool-looking gear as much as the next guy, this is a step overboard in my eyes.

I think the prices are ugly if anything. Only thing that has seemingly changed are the aesthetics and even though i'm down for cool-looking gear as much as the next guy, this is a step overboard in my eyes.

From those actually pictures they don't really look that great imo. I wouldn't pay $120 for those. But the shin guards are still sexy :icon_chee

From those actually pictures they don't really look that great imo. I wouldn't pay $120 for those. But the shin guards are still sexy :icon_chee

Unless they changed the design drastically, I can tell you first-hand that those Hayabusa MMA Shinguards are not that great. Sure they're great for MMA since its easy to roll in them and they fit amazingly but the foam doesn't do much for Muay Thai. Granted, i'm a power kicker but it still feels like its lacking. I have a new pair of thai shinguards in the mail right now because I need something more heavy duty for straight standup. I'll post my gear collection once they arrive.

wallysparx I see you don't play around when it comes to gear..........Beautiful collection of equipment.

the Kanpeki Hayabusa series gets better the more I look at them, I would only have one from the set, prob the sparring gloves or shin guards, but they are on the expensive side so I should probably stop checking them out.

the Kanpeki Hayabusa series gets better the more I look at them, I would only have one from the set, prob the sparring gloves or shin guards, but they are on the expensive side so I should probably stop checking them out.

Yeah probably a good idea. I still think these don't look too great. I always loves Hayabusas styler but they really dropped the ball on this one.

Yeah probably a good idea. I still think these don't look too great. I always loves Hayabusas styler but they really dropped the ball on this one.

The rusted samurai armor is a really cool idea, but it's too much for me to sport.

I think they're ugly too but I'm a hate of Hayabusa. I'll drop dead before I ever wear those.

Dude you're Asian: we have to support Asian gear (forget that's it's a Canadian company).

Dude you're Asian: we have to support Asian gear (forget that's it's a Canadian company).

LOL are they really owned and operated by Asians? I just don't think they're all that great gloves. 2 of my students had to retire them after only 8 months of use and during that time their velcro wore out so we had to tape them down for sparring and they even had to wrap differently with extra padding under their knuckles for bag work. That's 2 Hayabusa owned by 2 different people who got them about the same time as eachother. They both switched over to Triumphs since then and none of those problems.

LOL are they really owned and operated by Asians? I just don't think they're all that great gloves. 2 of my students had to retire them after only 8 months of use and during that time their velcro wore out so we had to tape them down for sparring and they even had to wrap differently with extra padding under their knuckles for bag work. That's 2 Hayabusa owned by 2 different people who got them about the same time as eachother. They both switched over to Triumphs since then and none of those problems.

Interesting. Not exactly surprising though, people praise the gear based off of looks way too much. I've heard bad things about there MMA gloves (strap system sucks), and there sparring gloves (too hard of padding).

I just think they're overrated and expensive gloves and I do agree with you that people praise them for their looks. It's only a matter of time before someone who loves them gets offended and cusses me out lol.

I just think they're overrated and expensive gloves and I do agree with you that people praise them for their looks. It's only a matter of time before someone who loves them gets offended and cusses me out lol.

Haha and now we wait.

After using my Hayabusa MMA Shinguards, MMA Hybrid sparring gloves and Haburi Rashguard for a year and learning about more gear over time, its a very overrated line of products. The rashguard is the best fitting compression shirt i've used but the shinguards and MMA sparring gloves are comparable to most others out there. Only reason I'm not too concerned is because I paid 40% off MSRP + free shipping for all of them and its all I would ever pay for them knowing what I know now. They look great but otherwise you can get similar performance for less money.

I've never even seen someone use Hayabusa around me. I think the most expensive gloves I've seen someone else use were Cleto Reyes. Mostly everyone uses Everlast...

Back