Opinion Poll: Should Face Masks Be National Policy

Should we have a national policy requiring face mask wearing during a pandemic?

• Total voters
You cut your finger you put on a band-aid to stop the bleeding and protect the cut from germs, you have a pandemic put on a mask to protect yourself and others from a disease that can possibly kill you or the ones you love, why does something so simple need to be so political..?

Yeah, but a face mask is easy and doesn’t hurt anybody. What’s the risk reward analysis? No risk, lots of potential reward. Seems like a simple no brainer unless people are intentionally looking to complicate it.
So put your mask on and stfu. Quit worrying about what another man does.

Yeah, but a face mask is easy and doesn’t hurt anybody. What’s the risk reward analysis? No risk, lots of potential reward. Seems like a simple no brainer unless people are intentionally looking to complicate it.

But why not allow governors to handle this based on necessary conditions inside each individual state

deems have been arguing any local guidance placed by the federal government would be illegal
Throughout this entire process

But why not allow governors to handle this based on necessary conditions inside each individual state
For one, because interstate travel is a thing.

So put your mask on and stfu. Quit worrying about what another man does.
You realize that the entire point of wearing a mask is to protect other people right?

You cut your finger you put on a band-aid to stop the bleeding and protect the cut from germs, you have a pandemic put on a mask to protect yourself and others from a disease that can possibly kill you or the ones you love, why does something so simple need to be so political..?

Well, the politics comes in when someone tries to make it a national policy.

This shouldn't even be a political issue. Studies have shown that countries which adopted wearing of masks early on have experienced comparably far fewer cases. Selfishness and stupidity fuel non-wearing of masks.

Should it be? Had the feds shut down all travel in and out of NY/NJ in March-June it would have saved lives.
Perhaps. But there is a real risk/ reward calculation to be made there at least. Like I said, face masks have no risks, they are easy, they are cheap or free (you can use an old t shirt to make ten)... there is just reward.

I personally am wearing a mask in public and don't understand the people who say wearing a mask is "insert fascism", but at the same time I don't agree it should be federally mandated.

deems have been arguing any local guidance placed by the federal government would be illegal
Throughout this entire process

That's what we've been doing...

Are masks going to be available to everybody? Are they going to be free? How are they going to be distributed? the problem isn’t a lack of a mandate, it’s the lack of a consistent, even if ever evolving, message/ leadership. Instead we have retarded right wingers thinking it’s a hoax and that they’d rather kill their grandmas then give up their FREEEEEEEDOMMMMM!

I wear a mask and put masks on my kid when we do errands. I'm not interested in any federal law related to masks.

This pandemic was politicized from beginning to end. We had people screaming that a desperately needed reopening was akin to human sacrifice. The same people bent over backward to justify packed protests. To talk about rational policies now is going to be pretty damned hard. The earth has been scorched.

Back