Opinion Poll: Should Face Masks Be National Policy

Should we have a national policy requiring face mask wearing during a pandemic?

• Total voters
He's right. You're never going to get 90% mask usage in the west, not unless you're OK with dragging people into cop cars for talking a walk. The west has never been about being a good little keg in a larger system, of course we lose if we try winning from that angle.
We have laws and ordinances, even in America.

People follow them every day. For example on the highway. And if they don't, they risk being pulled over and fined (not typically dragged into cop cars).

When I grew up-- not that long ago-- it used to be our culture to let our dogs shit all over the place and on other people's lawns. No one carried a plastic bag with them when they walked their dog.

Then cities started requiring people to clean up after their dogs' messes. Now, generally, they do. And there is a lot less dog shit around to step in.

It's not brain surgery.

Last edited:
It isn't about your own health. It is about protecting others in the case that you are infected. It's about cutting down the transmission rate. Your selfishness is disgusting - no wonder the spread of the virus is still accelerating in America.
Youre disgusting, anti human and evil.

Viruses are way too small for face masks to work unfortunately. So this is not about preventing transmission.

Viruses are way too small for face masks to work unfortunately. So this is not about preventing transmission.

Look at the stats, you goof. It is transported via water droplets, which are absolutely affected by masks.

I'm in Toronto and we've flattened our curve to a nub because the majority respected the shutdown and continue to wear masks some with masks & gloves the odd ones out aren't wearing masks. So when I look at my American cousins making a issue of something so simple I shake my head..?

I'm Toronto as well and majority who went to Trinity, Latin fest and the long as lines to attend a patio are not wearing masks. I would say older people are which may askew your thoughts but young people out and about are not.

Either way, it's not a provincial or federal mandate here with some municipalities starting to consider it

It would've been a nice starting point...as opposed to locking everything down and killing the economy. Now though? What's the point? What's the point of anything? When experts and the media say it's okay to gather in extremely large crowds, as long as the cause is righteous, I don't give a flying fuck about their "expertise" anymore.

This is the author of the crime bill. Of course he wants a national policy for wearing masks. Then, if cops come across someone not wearing them, they can toss him/her into jail.

I think B2C businesses should implement masks as an addition to no shoes, no shit, no service / hygiene amendment but on if you're just out on the street, driving your car, or in a park, etc.

A face mask is easy and doesn’t hurt anybody. What’s the risk reward analysis? No risk, lots of potential reward. Seems like a simple no brainer unless people are— for ideological reasons— intentionally looking to complicate it.
Wearing a mask all the time is not healthy. You need to breathe fresh air, not your recycled breath all day.

Not a legal requirement, but a bipartisan request to help your country.

Not sure about nationally. I am happy our state has it in place though.

Lucky if we could establish that this is the case, I would be for it. The problem is that the consensus on this is about as fickle as the one on the nutritional value of eggs. And eggs aren't nearly as politicized as masks.

Honestly that's the part that exhausts and annoys me more than anything. Leftists want masks. Rightists want no masks. And now if you say that you don't want to wear a mask, then you must be a trump supporter and part of the alt right. Or if you do think people should wear masks, well you're a marxist.

Information is ammunition. Everything that happens or is discussed becomes a device to gain either political power or fucking upvotes

In many ways, the uniqueness of our political culture sets us apart from everyone else but its arguably the worst national identity in handling a pandemic.

In this instance, America's hyper-individualism and decentralized nature serves as an obvious detriment to its own public health. And its not like we weren't gifted ample time to formulate an effective strategy. We simply blew it.

Its not a coincidence that the rest of the developed world has largely managed to contain the virus. Meanwhile, our allies are looking at us like a reckless third world country that they need to take necessary precautions against.

Unfortunately, it looks like the light emanating from the "shining city upon a hill" has dimmed significantly. When the notion of wearing masks during a pandemic becomes politicized, you might as well chuck the idea that we come out ahead of this as a lost cause.

In many ways, the uniqueness of our political culture sets us apart from everyone else but its arguably the worst national identity in handling a pandemic.

In this instance, America's hyper-individualism and decentralized nature serves as an obvious detriment to its own public health. And its not like we weren't gifted ample time to formulate an effective strategy. We simply blew it.

Its not a coincidence that the rest of the developed world has largely managed to contain the virus. Meanwhile, our allies are looking at us like a reckless third world country that they need to take necessary precautions against.

Unfortunately, it looks like the light emanating from the "shining city upon a hill" has dimmed significantly. When the notion of wearing masks during a pandemic becomes politicized, you might as well chuck the idea that we come out ahead of this as a lost cause.
100% spot on.

Said it better than I ever could.

Long term surgical mask usage isnt good for lung health. I was forced to wear one for a previous job, drove me crazy and cost me the job. I couldnt handle breathing in my own CO2 eight hours a day, five days a week. So basically I hate masks with extreme prejudice. The only thing that makes me consider it in C19s case is asymptomatic spread. Otherwise Im highly diligent when it comes to hygiene and being aware of my own health. Im rarely sick and careful not to spread it when I am.

Back