Opinion Poll: Should Face Masks Be National Policy

Should we have a national policy requiring face mask wearing during a pandemic?

• Total voters
that’s what was agreed upon after tons of negotiation and threatening lawsuits from both parties

Dimentia joe does this well, he’s just playing politics

Nothing was agreed upon. Trump has largely left it to the states.

There wasn't any agreement. He simply did nothing. How is that going for us?

He provided the testing , ventilators , Ppe , and hospital capacity that required by the local governors

you must of missed the entire Month of May of Cuomo crying about not having enough ventilators and hospital beds (he had more than he needed the entire time - not 1 ventilator shortage occurred )

He gave them
All the tools they needed , Are you suggesting they should
Of overwrote all the governors on local decisions and done it all on a federal level?

My health is none of your concern
It isn't about your own health. It is about protecting others in the case that you are infected. It's about cutting down the transmission rate. Your selfishness is disgusting - no wonder the spread of the virus is still accelerating in America.

Lol, correct. Face masks save lives. Other people’s lives. But Mericans won’t voluntarily wear them. Because we are a “Christian” country, right @TheComebackKid ?

I'm in Toronto and we've flattened our curve to a nub because the majority respected the shutdown and continue to wear masks some with masks & gloves the odd ones out aren't wearing masks. So when I look at my American cousins making a issue of something so simple I shake my head..?

He provided the testing , ventilators , Ppe , and hospital capacity that required by the local governors

you must of missed the entire Month of May of Cuomo crying about not having enough ventilators and hospital beds (he had more than he needed the entire time - not 1 ventilator shortage occurred )

He gave them
All the tools they needed , Are you suggesting they should
Of overwrote all the governors on local decisions and done it all on a federal level?
It's amazing to me that the left simply lies about what actually happened and the fuckers are getting backup from the corrupt lying media. If Trump loses the next election to that POS Biden, it proves the media chooses our Presidents and they need to be disbanded and we need to "reimagine" what our Media should be. smh... :p

It's amazing to me that the left simply lies about what actually happened and the fuckers are getting backup from the corrupt lying media. If Trump loses the next election to that POS Biden, it proves the media chooses our Presidents and they need to be disbanded and we need to "reimagine" what our Media should be. smh... :p

liberals in May : the federal
Government has no right to force the states to open churches !

liberals in July : federal
Government didn’t do a good job of forcing everyone to wear face masks !

also ignoring the fact that one of the biggest spike currently is in California - a democratic state that has required them all along

Liberals in tv everyday in May : we desperately need the federal
Government to provide Ppe, ventilators , and hospital capacity

liberals in june when we have Had no hospital bed shortages and spent
Billons in ventilators we didn’t need and are now shipping to other countries : the federal government didn’t do anything ‘

I'm barely a "no" here, but it's hard to justify. I just don't think it's comfortably within our legal framework, for one. It's right, though.

I'm barely a "no" here, but it's hard to justify. I just don't think it's comfortably within our legal framework, for one. It's right, though.

I think everyone knows this , just a cheap excuse to take a jab at dt and the left is dumb
Enough to swallow it up

Here’s just ONE reason why it simply wouldn’t be difficult to be a better President than Trump. Studies have proven that universal face mask wearing cuts down on Covid transmission significantly.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/heal...rts-wearing-masks-control-coronavirus-spread/

f_mo_bidenmask_200407-00_00_01_11-Still001.focal-760x428.jpg

So... we should require them. Right?

Right.

See, that was easy.

Joe Biden says that he’d enact such a policy if elected.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/26/politics/joe-biden-masks-mandatory-coronavirus/index.html

Studies also prove that not being near any humans helps prevent the spread as well. Guess you are covered.

Why not? We have national highway safety laws. "Click it or ticket," right?

Or how about, "Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over."

Why does no one see these as entailment on their Constitutional rights?

If you are out in a public place not wearing a mask while the pandemic is still occuring, you risk getting a ticket.

Just like if you are driving without a seat belt and get pulled over.

What major distinction am I missing?

Last edited:
Even in countries with strong trust in institutions (which the US doesn't have), mandating masks everywhere in public isn't something you can do politically. Those high-trust countries are mandating it for certain specific situations at most, such as public transit or shopping.

A couple weeks ago Macron said something I thought was low-key wise, paraphrasing: "Let's stop trying to fight the virus like we're Koreans or Chinese. That's not our culture, that's just not who we are. We're a culture of freedom and revolt. We'll face this crisis the same way we faced other crises: with ingenuity and guts."

He's right. You're never going to get 90% mask usage in the west, not unless you're OK with dragging people into cop cars for talking a walk. The west has never been about being a good little keg in a larger system, of course we lose if we try winning from that angle.

Even in countries with strong trust in institutions (which the US doesn't have), mandating masks everywhere in public isn't something you can do politically. Those high-trust countries are mandating it for certain specific situations at most, such as public transit or shopping.

A couple weeks ago Macron said something I thought was low-key wise, paraphrasing: "Let's stop trying to fight the virus like we're Koreans or Chinese. That's not our culture, that's just not who we are. We're a culture of freedom and revolt. We'll face this crisis the same way we faced other crises: with ingenuity and guts."

He's right. You're never going to get 90% mask usage in the west, not unless you're OK with dragging people into cop cars for talking a walk. The west has never been about being a good little keg in a larger system, of course we lose if we try winning from that angle.

This is the exact reason why I think it's good to encourage mask usage while not making it obligatory.

Here’s just ONE reason why it simply wouldn’t be difficult to be a better President than Trump. Studies have proven that universal face mask wearing cuts down on Covid transmission significantly.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/heal...rts-wearing-masks-control-coronavirus-spread/

f_mo_bidenmask_200407-00_00_01_11-Still001.focal-760x428.jpg

So... we should require them. Right?

Right.

See, that was easy.

Joe Biden says that he’d enact such a policy if elected.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/26/politics/joe-biden-masks-mandatory-coronavirus/index.html

No. Highly recommended but not mandatory. If private businesses want to require masks then that's up to them.

A face mask is easy and doesn’t hurt anybody. What’s the risk reward analysis? No risk, lots of potential reward. Seems like a simple no brainer unless people are— for ideological reasons— intentionally looking to complicate it.
We should make condoms the law

Back