Poll: Real/Fake/Exaggerated? (Jeremy Stephens Eye)

What's your take on the eye poke?

• Total voters
It is a great poll. Everyone who chooses fake is Instant uncovered as one of the mexican retards in the crowd.

Way to feed the ignore list. Thx ts

Hard to believe that a dude who spent a month in Mexico preparing would look for a way out of the fight 15 seconds in
Well, we don't know how that month was really like. Fighters often claim that they had a great camp, and then start telling us their feet "were swollen like a balloon" or they were only at "30%" and etc. LOL

Well, we don't know how that month was really like. Fighters often claim that they had a great camp, and then start telling us their feet "were swollen like a balloon" or they were only at "30%" and etc. LOL
Sounds like you're suggesting fighters aren't necessarily Honest Abe.

His eye looked pretty messed up.

People thinking he exaggerated the injury are so stupid. It makes absolutely no sense for Stephens to do that. He spent $30000 to prepare for this fight and he's going to waste all that money by pretending to be injured 12 seconds into the fight so they could cancel it?
what do u mean waste the money? he still gets his show money which I believe was 300K. 300k for 7 seconds of work not bad

Nasty eye poke. Not fakes or exaggerated.

People are definitely crazily stupid to notice it was the right eye that both fighters touched...then the left once the ref started examining. UFC silly adding to drama by not showing other angles.
I would have gone with an even larger eye patch tho.....

People are definitely crazily stupid to notice it was the right eye that both fighters touched...then the left once the ref started examining. UFC silly adding to drama by not showing other angles.
Galloloco
White Belt

ive had it happened to me.
my eye was bleeding, and burning like crazy. couldnt open my eye for like 10 minutes.

1170081969.jpg.0.jpg

I don't think this even warrants any doubt.
No one would train for MONTHS just to fake an eye poke and not fight.

If this was deep into the second/third round and Stephens would be losing, maybe. But at the 15 seconds mark of the first? just no.

<Huh2>

Ok. I will grudgingly admit that this is a good point.

I can't believe people are even questioning if Stephens is faking this... SMDH

You guys got x-ray vision and could see thru his eyelid which refused to open? They never showed his eye, so how can you determine it was messed up?

Other fighters who get eyepoked plead with the ref to give them time to recover, delay the doctor coming in so they have more time to recover. Jeremy's body language was so different from other fighters who got poked worse and/or multiple stabbing pokes.

Yeah I'm sure it was part of the act to go to the hospital after the fight and have his eye bandaged, too. Probably slipped the doctor a few pesos to make it look extra professional, eh?

Hard to believe that a dude who spent a month in Mexico preparing would look for a way out of the fight 15 seconds in
No one actually believes it, only Yair fans pretend they do

Yeah I'm sure it was part of the act to go to the hospital after the fight and have his eye bandaged, too. Probably slipped the doctor a few pesos to make it look extra professional, eh?
It all worked exactly as planned !
Spend tens of thousands of dollars on training and all that time just to quit right away, because Jeremy Stephens is shit scared of Yair Rodriguez

Here you go:

GlossyLimpIberianlynx-size_restricted.gif

Stephens seems to squint and cover his right eye even though it was his left eye that was damaged

<TheWire1>

Everybody keeps saying this even though it's been explained in every single thread. But I'll catch you up:

Stephens was raked. 1 or 2 fingers poked his right eye, but Yair's index finger scratched his left eye. The poke is a more immediate feeling, but after a few seconds, a scratched eye will become very painful, searing pain. The eye will close naturally to protect the eye from further damage.

Back