Poll: Real/Fake/Exaggerated? (Jeremy Stephens Eye)

What's your take on the eye poke?

• Total voters
Anyone who thinks it's anything other than real is a fucking moron.
The moron is the ignorant one who doesn't realize Stephen's is complaining about his left eye, even though all replays show his right eye being affected.. not his left eye.

The moron is the ignorant one who doesn't realize Stephen's is complaining about his left eye, even though all replays show his right eye being affected.. not his left eye.

Yair got both eyes, his accuracy is very accurate.

<Goldie11>

The eye may not swell up right away, plus the sweat in there makes it feel next to impossible as far as opening up the eye, I say that as someone that has been raked across my eye before. There was zero momentum in the fight itself and he made efforts to prepare correctly leading up.

I make those comments as a person who is a fan of the fight itself I wasn't leaning either way, just happy to see some possible wild exchanges. Shit happens though, Yair really showed he has ways to go if he wants to be the poster guy for Mexico, acting a fool and up on the cage like he won which got the fans more crazed.

There was still more action in that main event than in Lewis v Ngannu.

Can we all just reserve judgement until the medical info comes out?

Jeremy Stephens is a disciple of the Just Bleed God.

To think that he looked for an out should be a bannable offence. Yair should have been DQ'd instantly on replay.....one of most blatant fouls I've seen in some time.

If Stephens didn’t want to fight he would have faked an injury long before the event instead of 15 seconds into it.
He wouldn't be paid. This way he gets "to show" money + rematch, probably in US not Mexico.

Out of 16 losses, Jeremy has only been stopped by strikes twice, once by Yves Edwards (he went completely out) and then the body shot from Aldo. Only 3 submission losses. If you think he gave up, quit, you're a fucking idiot. That dude does not quit.

1. Sign to fight a guy
2. Spent tens of thousands of your money on your camp
3. Cut a bunch of weight. Weigh in. Show up to fight.
4. Become terrified 10 seconds into fight. Based solely on your opponent’s fighting stance alone since nothing happened. Impromptu fake severity of injury after your eye is poked in order to get away from his intimidating fighting stance.
5. Ask for immediate rematch with the guy so you can do steps 1-3 all over again.

Anyone who thinks #4 makes sense when you do steps 1, 2, 3, and 5 is a complete moron.

Anyone who thinks that this wasn’t ‘real’ can derelict my balls.

Everybody keeps saying this even though it's been explained in every single thread. But I'll catch you up:

Stephens was raked. 1 or 2 fingers poked his right eye, but Yair's index finger scratched his left eye. The poke is a more immediate feeling, but after a few seconds, a scratched eye will become very painful, searing pain. The eye will close naturally to protect the eye from further damage.
Okay, I’ll play!

Yair swiped Stephens’ face and managed to scratch him in one eye and poke him in the other (maybe with two fingers). How does one do that with one downwards swipe?

<WhoJeff>

Here you go:

GlossyLimpIberianlynx-size_restricted.gif

Stephens seems to squint and cover his right eye even though it was his left eye that was damaged

<TheWire1>
100% intentional. Theres no way to justify pawing at someones eyes like that. Its CLEARLY stated in the rules and should have been a DQ. Fkin cheater. I hope Stevens takes his head off in the rematch. Godamn ref should be fined also

Okay, I’ll play!

Yair swiped Stephens’ face and managed to scratch him in one eye and poke him in the other (maybe with two fingers). How does one do that with one downwards swipe?

<WhoJeff>

Watch the gif closely. The ring finger and maybe the pinky poke/swipe the right eye, but you can clearly see the index finger swipe across the left eye as well.

It's not that hard to see or discern.

Watch the gif closely. The ring finger and maybe the pinky poke/swipe the right eye, but you can clearly see the index finger swipe across the left eye as well.

It's not that hard to see or discern.
I hear you.

giphy.gif

I hear you.

giphy.gif

Liked for the gif. It was clear as day and I wish they showed replays for it from different angles so there would be no room for the small handful of idiots to say Jeremy faked it.

I believe Jeremy Stephen's. If this guy has not built an in tact reputation in your mind, you are casual and should be IP banned from sherdog.

Stephens is in the top tier of fighters fighter and I dont doubt him for a second.

Well, we don't know how that month was really like. Fighters often claim that they had a great camp, and then start telling us their feet "were swollen like a balloon" or they were only at "30%" and etc. LOL
Why stop there? You're already tailoring a false reality. Just take it all the way. Make the claim you think Stephens faked this.

Back