Poll: Real/Fake/Exaggerated? (Jeremy Stephens Eye)

What's your take on the eye poke?

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
1170081969.jpg.0.jpg

Last edited:
Hard to believe that a dude who spent a month in Mexico preparing would look for a way out of the fight 15 seconds in

Anyone who thinks it's anything other than real is a fucking moron.

Out of the three examples you posted, it was no surprise that the retard made the retarded tweet.

Why would Jeremy Stephens of all people fake some shit like that 15 seconds into a fight? If he was getting his ass kicked prior to it, it'd make a bit more sense

Why quit against Yair?
Stephens was going to win the fight so it was clearly a real injury.

Real, never for a second have I thought otherwise.

His eye looked pretty messed up.

People thinking he exaggerated the injury are so stupid. It makes absolutely no sense for Stephens to do that. He spent $30000 to prepare for this fight and he's going to waste all that money by pretending to be injured 12 seconds into the fight so they could cancel it?

This poll will be a good way to tell who is completely fucking retarded.

Hard to believe that a dude who spent a month in Mexico preparing would look for a way out of the fight 15 seconds in

And training over 6 hours a day with tony fkn ferguson

dude legit couldn’t open his eye and Stephens is always game as fuck

even protested the Aldo stoppage lmao

dudes a warrior

It was real. I've had my cornea scratched by a pretty innocuous situation (friend jokingly threw a hat at me and the bill clipped my eye) and that's exactly how it is. I couldn't open my eye for at least a day.

I mean.. it's a win-win situation if you think carefully.

You guys got x-ray vision and could see thru his eyelid which refused to open? They never showed his eye, so how can you determine it was messed up?

Other fighters who get eyepoked plead with the ref to give them time to recover, delay the doctor coming in so they have more time to recover. Jeremy's body language was so different from other fighters who got poked worse and/or multiple stabbing pokes.

Completely real, probably a scratch to his cornea. They call it a corneal abrasion, and the bad ones absolutely kill. You can't even open your eye, no matter how hard you try, your eyelid involuntarily stays closed.

I'm a little disappointed that this thread was made, because it blurs the line between fight fixing by asking if Stephens "faked" his injury.

Back