Poll: Real/Fake/Exaggerated? (Jeremy Stephens Eye)

What's your take on the eye poke?

• Total voters
Paid by cartels to throw fight. Major betting cash grab.
How? Are there bookies offering lines on “No Contest?”

Although I hafta admit, for some reason my bookie paid me on “Jeremy wins inside the distance.” Not sure how that works, but not gonna complain

it takes a special kind of clueless idiot to believe that Stephens faked that injury.

Obviously it's real you could tell just by looking at his eyes.

His coach said a half hour after the fight that his eye still hasnt opened.

It could be hours before he can.

People who think he faked or exaggerated it are morons.

How Are there bookies offering lines on

Although I hafta admit, for some reason my boo paid me Not sure how that works not gonna complain
Since you won, can you describe for me what it looks like when u try to lick your own nipples.

Completely real, probably a scratch to his cornea. They call it a corneal abrasion, and the bad ones absolutely kill. You can't even open your eye, no matter how hard you try, your eyelid involuntarily stays closed.

I'm a little disappointed that this thread was made, because it blurs the line between fight fixing by asking if Stephens "faked" his injury.

Disagree should me he even touch his cornea.

If Stephens didn’t want to fight he would have faked an injury long before the event instead of 15 seconds into it.

He was raked across the eye. He also spent a lot of $ plus 6 weeks training in Mexico for the fight. It just isn’t logical for Stephens to fake the injury. He wouldn’t do that and usually when a fighter does that it is because they are getting beat down after a few rounds in the fight & they are looking for a way out - not 15 seconds into the first round.

Herb Dean went well beyond what most refs would attempt in trying to give Stephens every opportunity to possibly continue,

If anyone is to blame it is Yair Rodriguez. He committed the foul.

He pawed at him. Idk how long yair's nails were, but its possible that when he pawed at him that his longest finger (the middle finger) could have scratched the inside of his eye?

not to promote some random instagram, but mmauncensored__ posted a video where Jeremy is talking into the camera with a bandage over his eye calling out Yair for saying that he faked it. He said he would run it back and he'll fight him in as little as two weeks.

Lastly, Jeremy is the last person to bitch out of a fight the guy is 28-16 I don't think he's concerned about his record nor his status in the UFC as they would obviously keep the guy for his highlight KO's.

The way it looked, it could cause a fingernail to cut the eye do to it being a slashing motion.

UFC should fine fighters 50% of their purse if they commit an eye poke / rake which ends the fight. That would clean that up issue after they made an example out of the first few fighters who caused a fight to end due to that.

Stephens has no history of quitting, the fight had barely begun so he had no reason to want out, and he never opened the eye or did anything that indicated it wasn’t legit (unlike Duffee last week). You’re an idiot if you think he was trying to throw away months of work and money for a 15 second no contest in a main event.

Jeremy allegedly spent nearly 30k on this camp staying in Mexico as long as he did. I would highly doubt he faked an injury and despite his dickhead personality, he is a true fighter and comes to fight every time. Stay away from Mexico city for a bit tho

Back