Please tell me how Gus won

I can't say that Gus won the fight. However, Gus did make Jones look human and beatable. I think I'm gonna start training again. I think I got that tall bitches number..lol

Statistically, Gus landed more overall strikes and significant strikes over the course of the fight, and by rounds. I think he took it 49-48, 3 rounds to 2 rounds.

TS... Don't you have friends or anything better to do then to sit on your computer discussing peoples opinions. Fuck, who cares.

To be honest, I'll have to watch the fight again with the sound muted a bit.

I thought Jones won 3 rounds to 2, but I thought Gus won those other two rounds based on effective striking and control

Okay fight geniuses...

I wanted Gus to win as much as the rest of you. However, I clearly had Jones winning 3 if not 4 rounds on Gus. He was way more agressive. He controlled the octagon and he landed more and better strikes. In round 4 (which several of you claim Gus won) Jones almost finished him.

So... enlighten us all and tell us why and how Gus won.

Gus won round 1, 2 and 3. Edging it out in the stand up and getting two takedowns.

It's that easy.

Who said Gus won?

It was a 3-2 win for Jones, I watched it.

Jones won 2, 4 and 5.

1: close but the td puts it over the top for Gus
2: close but Jones is putting it together
3: Gus's best round, easy call for him
4: close round but Jones rocks Gus and almost finishes him
5: Gus gases badly and Jones runs away with the last frame

This was a great 3-2 fight. Gus did not win and it was not a robbery.

Round 1- Do I really have to explain??

Round 3- Outstruck Jones, stuffed every takedown. Took Jones down.

Round 4- Outstruck Jones, stuffed every TD (luckily Jones landed a spinning backlist and won the last 45 seconds to make idiots think he won the round).

Okay fight geniuses...

I wanted Gus to win as much as the rest of you. However, I clearly had Jones winning 3 if not 4 rounds on Gus. He was way more agressive. He controlled the octagon and he landed more and better strikes. In round 4 (which several of you claim Gus won) Jones almost finished him.

So... enlighten us all and tell us why and how Gus won.

I did not want Gus to win. I did not care either way, I don't like Jones and I don't like Swedes.

That said...

Gus completely surprised me, beat the shit out of Jon Jones, to a state where he had to be helped into his locker room and later to an ambulance, while Gus was doing interviews.

He won it by dominating the fight, obviously outlanding Jon Jones in striking and being even on takedowns.

One of these fighters got both of their eyes and lips all fucked up. And it was not the Swede.

Go figure.

I knew it was going to happen this way. Gus loses a close decision but makes Jones look not only mortal, but beatable. His aura gone, he will lose his next via KO.

Anyway good job sending him to the hospital... that was nasty. Too bad the judges don't care about who did the most damage when it comes to title shots.

People thought this guy could contend at HW... JDS would decapitate him.

BUvkIBWCEAAjrhx.jpg

My two cents would be effective striking. More Effective grappling by a hair.

He didnt win, its just the nuthuggers creamed themselves because Gus actually put up some what a competitive fight, they will take the fact that Jones didnt get to fully embarrass Gus ( which he did ) like all his previous opponents. Jones clearly beat Gus without question, but ofcourse the Jones haters are blinded on purpose.

Also like I have always said, Jones will not be the same after his toe injury and that showed tonight, Hopefully im wrong about that.

There will be a post fight press conference soon with no champ present, because he got so fucked up, he is in the hospital.

The guy who "lost" will be there.

Gus won round 1, 2 and 3. Edging it out in the stand up and getting two takedowns.

It's that easy.

Not sure where you saw two takedowns. I only saw one, which lasted all of about 3 seconds and led to zero damage. Also, Jones clearly won the final two rounds. The first three were razor close and could have gone either way. I gave Jones two of the first three, but I could see how a judge might disagree.

Back