Please inform me about Jim Rome

except that rome like to belittle athletes along with everyone else. I doubt he'd have the balls to really confront rogan or stann or something like that, but he won't be able to avoid being snide as hell half the time. no one is going to like working with this guy, for sure.
I've located the blueprint to solving this problem...

True, but i have just started listening to some of his rants, he sounds kinda annoying to me tbh. At the same time, that might be funny while commentating MMA with Rogan.

So i'm still in between i guess.

It's probably not going to end well. I will at least give him a chance before writing him off.

I can't wait for threads hating on the guy and the gay white knights trolls coming to defend him

I don't know the guy so I can't judge.

He has a beard like Zeus and the strength of Thor! He makes the mountains dance with the beauty of his voice and rides a unicorn made of rainbows

I'm 35 and see the word "fresh" as a child memory from the early 90's.
<mma4>I hear ya, when I think of "fresh" I think of back in the day when there was Doug E Fresh and the movie "fresh", JR overuses it so much though that its hilarious. There's this other sport radio host named jay mohr , who does a dead on impression of Rome....including use of the word fresh every 3 words

He's a gigantic douchebag and literally the worst guy in the sports world that the UFC could have picked. The worst. Worse than Skip Bayless. Worse than Stephen A. Smith. Worse than fucking Pam Ward and Joe Buck. He is an obnoxious blowhard who does that fake-deep-voice thing and acts like a tough guy, despite the fact that he curled up like a bitch the minute Jim Everett took half a step toward him.

I seriously might just stop ordering PPV's over him. I absolutely cannot stand the guy. Hell, I'd rather have Joe Warren, and he was awful for Rizin last night.

I hope Joe doesn't accept him and treats him like a redheaded stepchild.

He's a gigantic douchebag and literally the worst guy in the sports world that the UFC could have picked. The worst. Worse than Skip Bayless. Worse than Stephen A. Smith. Worse than fucking Pam Ward and Joe Buck. He is an obnoxious blowhard who does that fake-deep-voice thing and acts like a tough guy, despite the fact that he curled up like a bitch the minute Jim Everett took half a step toward him.

I seriously might just stop ordering PPV's over him. I absolutely cannot stand the guy. Hell, I'd rather have Joe Warren, and he was awful for Rizin last night.

I agree 100% with this post, even the Joe Warren part, and I'm saying that as a Cro Cop fan who was rather annoyed with the disrespect he showed the legend.

The thing with Rome is that he's the progenitor of all those other sports talk d-bags. He's the one who set the table for them, and showed that you could make big bucks playing the role of the instigator and a shock jock. I have no use for Rome, or any of the big mouthed role playing irritants that he spawned.

It's one thing to have strong opinions and to be provocative as a result. It's another thing to go on the air and make it your goal to be intentionally provocative and to set your stated opinions up to drive the argument, rather than to let an honest opinion be your lead. Now, most major media sports talk is centered around these fake talking points, and people eat it up. I blame Jim Rome for that, more than anyone else.

He should be nowhere near the UFC in any way, especially the broadcast.

Back