Please inform me about Jim Rome

Unless Jim Rome drastically changes his personality/shtick (doubtful), this really sucks. Silus pretty much summed up is style.

Not only Rome the biggest douche out there, for years he bashed MMA and did nothing but denigrate the sport and the fighters. That would be like hiring John McCain to work in the front office.
it's so pathetic how all these guys that pissed on mma for years are now trying to look like they're taking it seriously because they feel like they have to. skip bayless being one of the worst.

He's a douchebag who likes to act like an alpha when really he's a beta. Pairing him up with Rogan should be good for some laughs.

I didn't think they could possibly find someone worse than Goldy but they went ahead and did it, looks like I wont be watching PPVs with the sound on anymore

he doesn't have a good voice whatsoever, it's horrible. really nasal and he sounds constipated. and he's the worst kind of know-it-all, he loves talking down to people. i'll be turning the sound off on the TV if they try this.

I'd have to agree with you, he sounds like the worst type of broadcaster. Nothing worse than a nasally, constipated, arrogant loudmouth :D

Goldie is a clueless moron, this much is true, but he's harmless and has a decent voice.

Ah ok, i'm from Holland so that's why i guess ;)
Jim Ross does the WWE pro wrestling commentary. He's even worse than Jim Rome, but at least Jim Ross is just putting on an act.

This means early retirement for Joe, imo. I don't think he's interested in figuring out how to deal with Jim Rome. The only way this works is if a fighter is in there to be the "alpha". Then everyone can play their roles accoridngly.
except that rome likes to belittle athletes along with everyone else. I doubt he'd have the balls to really confront rogan or stann or something like that, but he won't be able to avoid being snide as hell half the time. no one is going to like working with this guy, for sure.

Last edited:
I don't think he's interested in figuring out how to deal with Jim Rome.
Rogan's policy of "when in doubt, take drugs" has paid off spectacularly for him thus far, I see no reason for him to stop now. I mean, if I had to sit next to Jim Rome and pretend that he's not a douche for several hours, I'd need to be pretty fucked up.

I really hope this shit isn't legit, I can take him now and again but do not fancy him on pbp on any MMA events. Fuck that shite.

He's literally The worst

Read this post with a pause

between every space

here. This is how he speaks

Its really annoy and

he thinks he knows

Everything

Lol, bang on mate.

except that rome like to belittle athletes along with everyone else. I doubt he'd have the balls to really confront rogan or stann or something like that, but he won't be able to avoid being snide as hell half the time. no one is going to like working with this guy, for sure.
He may reconsider when he's talking about actual trained cage fighters and not football players.

Don't get me wrong, football players could kill him, too, but MMA fighters are actually trained for that exact purpose. Let him talk shit to Mark Hunt. Please let him talk shit to Mark Hunt.

So let's say Jim Rome replaces Goldie. As a Dutch guy I have no idea who the man is. I googled him and found out he was the guy calling a certain Jim Chris who got mad at that and that he comments American Football.

Since i will be listening to his voice for over 100 hours during the rest of my life, what can we expect? Is he a good commentator? Is he annoying? Does he have trademark things like "it's all oooooverrr"?

Thanks in advance.
He used to be my user name on Sherdog until I dropped the Rome. True story.

He'll probably read tweets from the "clones" in the middle of the fights. "Dear Jim, GREAT play-by-by tonight. When you said Ian McCall looks like a cross between Salvador Dali and Tom Cruise, that was HILARIOUS"

He'll probably read tweets from the "clones" in the middle of the fights. "Dear Jim, GREAT play-by-by tonight. When you said Ian McCall looks like a cross between Salvador Dali and Tom Cruise, that was HILARIOUS"
i can envision this going down the way dennis miller went down on MNF (i.e. in flames). it's such a bad fit and has huge potential for being downright cringeworthy. rogan may wind up choking him out on air.

Hahahaha that is serious the type of shit we are gonna get? We have that kind of commentators in English MMA events... its just awkward.. always.

I really hope this shit isn't legit, I can take him now and again but do not fancy him on pbp on any MMA events. Fuck that shite.

Lol, bang on mate.
He repeats points several times.

They guy is very clever. And he has expectations for his fan base and people who call his syndicated radio show. Most fans have IQ's over 110 and university degrees. Critical thinking, sports knowledge, humor and qualifying your comments as informed are all essential to his fan base. He holds his fans accountable and will rack calls that are quality and immediately cut off ones that are not. He might too sophisticated for the just bleed fans assuming he doesn't dumb his communication down which I expect he'll do.

i can envision this going down the way dennis miller went down on MNF (i.e. in flames). it's such a bad fit and has huge potential for being downright cringeworthy. rogan may wind up choking him out on air.

that's funny, Dennis Miller was the first thing I thought of when I heard this rumor too

Insiders say it's not Rome, but someone else, who will be announced in the next few days. The Rome thing may be what Dana was talking about when he said he is close to getting something worked out, but it won't be until July

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NiTrok
Back