Please inform me about Jim Rome

he's a loudmouth jackass, basically. a sports talk show guy who is known basically for being arrogant and running his mouth all the time. he also has a really annoying voice.

and yes, best known for calling Jim Everett 'Chris' and getting thrown out of his chair.

Fuck it. He sounds worse than Goldie.

I thought you meant Joe Rogan. And Jim Rome is also a JR. So there is ANOTHER JR doing commentary?

rhony-luann-unimpressed.gif

Complete douchbag ass hat

He pissed off a football player who then attacked him in studio. That's about all I know about him.

Hes a squeaky jew with a spray on gotee

Fuck it. He sounds worse than Goldie.
he doesn't have a good voice whatsoever, it's horrible. really nasal and he sounds constipated. and he's the worst kind of know-it-all, he loves talking down to people. i'll be turning the sound off on the TV if they try this.

i think he's good at what he does, but talks way too much trash to be dealing with pro fighters. don't be surprised is he gets choked up by someone in he gets the gig

He is like a high level street hypnotist/pickpocket. His speech, eye contact and hand movements are well trained and measured.

Not only Rome the biggest douche out there, for years he bashed MMA and did nothing but denigrate the sport and the fighters. That would be like hiring John McCain to work in the front office.

His radio schtick is coming across as a douchebag know it all who rips on people. He's basically a slick jewish douchebag with a nice suite taking shots. I enjoy him and find him funny, but he is very polarizing. Either you like him and laugh or hate him and think hes a douchebag.

Very odd fit for a commentary/play by play position.

Yeah, if you have thin skin you won't like him.

He's a radio show and TV host. As far as I know, he has never done play-by-play for any sport. So I'm really curious as to why they would choose a guy with no experience, unless they're banking on him bringing his radio audience along with him. Also, Rome makes HUGE money from his syndicated radio show. I'm sure the UFC would have to shell out a lot to make it worth his while. Other posters have brought up his possible lack of chemistry with Rogan, which I think is also valid

He has the mainstream platform/appeal/credibility WME wants
He knows some sports well, not sure if MMA is one of them
He's made a living off being an arrogant, smarmy, deliberately provocative jackass, as per the Chrissy incident

All in all, I'll wait and see, but not terribly optimistic.
I'm kind of expecting only modestly better than when the WWF brings in "mainstream famous" people to participate or commentate.

He is smart, knowledgeable and funny

pretty much everything that goldberg isn't

I used to listen to him everyday on am570 before he left for cbs
Except that he's none of those things, and while he may not be as awkward as Goldie, he's not exactly the insightful, intelligent, experienced MMA commentator that the UFC should be seeking. Does he even know the basics of the sport? Honest question because if not...I mean...why's he getting the job? If so, can he really provide insight that would be interesting to fans? Or do they just want a figurehead known for being a "sports guy" to join their broadcast team?

This means early retirement for Joe, imo. I don't think he's interested in figuring out how to deal with Jim Rome. The only way this works is if a fighter is in there to be the "alpha". Then everyone can play their roles accoridngly.

If a fighter was helping to do the announcing Joe would have never gone off the rails about Ronda and Conor.

IDK why they went with him. Was hoping they bring in Quadros or Mauro, they're mma pbp dudes, know the game and know how to work with Rogan. Mauro's doing Rizin and IDK where the hell Quadros has been, but Rome is def an odd choice. Dana's "dream team", basically his old buddies it seems.

pretty good radio personality, but talks way too much trash to be around pro fighters in person. may not mesh well with Rogan either...

voice is more suited for radio IMO, it's gonna get really annoying after a couple fights.

idk how much he knows about MMA, so that may be an issue too.

Back