Please inform me about Jim Rome

Hahahaha that is serious the type of shit we are gonna get? We have that kind of commentators in English MMA events... its just awkward.. always.

that's literally what his radio show is like. pretty bad

Insiders say it's not Rome, but someone else, who will be announced in the next few days. The Rome thing may be what Dana was talking about when he said he is close to getting something worked out, but it won't be until July
I'm guessing Anik will be the dude until Rome is free. Dana gave him props when asked on the scrum.

He repeats points several times.

They guy is very clever. And he has expectations for his fan base and people who call the show. Most fans have IQ's over 110 and university degrees. Critical thinking, sports knowledge, humor and qualifying your comments as informed are all essential to his fan base. He might too sophisticated for the just bleed fans assuming he doesn't dumb his communication down which I expect he'll do.

Yup, I've watched and listened to him several times over the years, as it is now; I cannot see or envision myself feeling his vibe if he come's over to MMA. Now if he does I'll give him a fair shake of it no doubt, listen to him nonjudgementally, let him get his rhythm, I just won't hold out hope.

I agree with ye aswell about how he may have to "dumb it down" for the Just Bleed Heads and a few others.

Insiders say it's not Rome, but someone else, who will be announced in the next few days. The Rome thing may be what Dana was talking about when he said he is close to getting something worked out, but it won't be until July

cool. i hope you're right

I enjoyed him on radio but I'm not confident at all that this will be a good fit.

So let's say Jim Rome replaces Goldie. As a Dutch guy I have no idea who the man is. I googled him and found out he was the guy calling a certain Jim Chris who got mad at that and that he comments American Football.

Since i will be listening to his voice for over 100 hours during the rest of my life, what can we expect? Is he a good commentator? Is he annoying? Does he have trademark things like "it's all oooooverrr"?

Thanks in advance.
He's over the age of 30 and says the word fresh alot...ie douchebag

Yup, I've watched and listened to him several times over the years, as it is now; I cannot see or envision myself feeling his vibe if he come's over to MMA. Now if he does I'll give him a fair shake of it no doubt, listen to him nonjudgementally, let him get his rhythm, I just won't hold out hope.

I agree with ye aswell about how he may have to "dumb it down" for the Just Bleed Heads and a few others.
Give him a shot. Chael and Conor are "friends" of his show and they have great convos.

So let's say Jim Rome replaces Goldie. As a Dutch guy I have no idea who the man is. I googled him and found out he was the guy calling a certain Jim Chris who got mad at that and that he comments American Football.

Since i will be listening to his voice for over 100 hours during the rest of my life, what can we expect? Is he a good commentator? Is he annoying? Does he have trademark things like "it's all oooooverrr"?

Thanks in advance.

You know how sherdog is. You could save people from a fire and people on this site would still hate you. You will have to decide for yourself.

He is smart, knowledgeable and funny

pretty much everything that goldberg isn't

I used to listen to him everyday on am570 before he left for cbs
Did you listen to him when he was anti MMA? When he called it human cock fighting? I guess everyone has a price.

He repeats points several times.

They guy is very clever. And he has expectations for his fan base and people who call his syndicated radio show. Most fans have IQ's over 110 and university degrees. Critical thinking, sports knowledge, humor and qualifying your comments as informed are all essential to his fan base. He holds his fans accountable and will rack calls that are quality and immediately cut off ones that are not. He might too sophisticated for the just bleed fans assuming he doesn't dumb his communication down which I expect he'll do.

Has Rome ever done any play-by-play, football or anything? Just asking

His radio schtick is coming across as a douchebag know it all who rips on people. He's basically a slick jewish douchebag with a nice suite taking shots.

Very odd fit for a commentary/play by play position.
"Fuckin Jews stick together ,dont they?"- Nicky santoro

You know how sherdog is. You could save people from a fire and people on this site would still hate you. You will have to decide for yourself.

True, but i have just started listening to some of his rants, he sounds kinda annoying to me tbh. At the same time, that might be funny while commentating MMA with Rogan.

So i'm still in between i guess.

Back