Please inform me about Jim Rome

Grijswaarde

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
So let's say Jim Rome replaces Goldie. As a Dutch guy I have no idea who the man is. I googled him and found out he was the guy calling a certain Jim Chris who got mad at that and that he comments American Football.

Since i will be listening to his voice for over 100 hours during the rest of my life, what can we expect? Is he a good commentator? Is he annoying? Does he have trademark things like "it's all oooooverrr"?

Thanks in advance.

he's a loudmouth jackass, basically. a sports talk show guy who is known basically for being arrogant and running his mouth all the time. he also has a really annoying voice.

and yes, best known for calling Jim Everett 'Chris' and getting thrown out of his chair.

This is the most deflating MMA news since Rory left UFC, for me at least.

I hope he's great, and we suddenly learn to love the guy... but... Ugh... My feet are dragging. I'm not excited over this.

He is smart, knowledgeable and funny

pretty much everything that goldberg isn't

I used to listen to him everyday on am570 before he left for cbs

Heard him do sports interviews over the years and he's been welcoming to do pre-fight UFC interviews since way back when popular guys like him didn't do them, when UFC wasn't doing well. He's smart and articulate but IDK how that translates to commentating fights.

he's a loudmouth jackass, basically. a sports talk show guy who is known basically for being arrogant and running his mouth all the time. he also has a really annoying voice.

and yes, best known for calling Jim Everett 'Chris' and getting thrown out of his chair.

Oh wow... so we'll probably see some friction with Joe.. doesn't sound like the type of guys who like each other then :)

Oh wow... so we'll probably see some friction with Joe.. doesn't sound like the type of guys who like each other then :)
exactly. if they put these two together in one booth, it will be non-stop bickering and ego clashing. will be a full on train wreck.

He's literally The worst

Read this post with a pause

between every space

here. This is how he speaks

Its really annoy and

he thinks he knows

Everything

grew up listening to Jim Rome every day as a little kid. Couldn't think of a better replacement. All the people bitching are snoody MMA fans that think no one is good enough. Can't wait for him to step in

Think of an arrogant version of Anik with an old-school robot speech pattern.

Coulda had Good Ole JR and we get Jim Rome. Maybe Dana wanted JR but some dummy send us Rome instead (JR)

Think of an arrogant version of Anik with an old-school robot speech pattern.
He talks better than Anik and is more quick-witted than him. Anik's a nicer dude though. Rome has an ego and it's true that doesn't bode well with Rogan, if Joe makes fun of him like he does with Mike sometimes.

Coulda had Good Ole JR and we get Jim Rome. Maybe Dana wanted JR but some dummy send us Rome instead (JR)

I thought you meant Joe Rogan. And Jim Rome is also a JR. So there is ANOTHER JR doing commentary?

His radio schtick is coming across as a douchebag know it all who rips on people. He's basically a slick jewish douchebag with a nice suite taking shots. I enjoy him and find him funny, but he is very polarizing. Either you like him and laugh or hate him and think hes a douchebag.

Very odd fit for a commentary/play by play position.

Back