Please Dana: Don't let Vince McMahon outbid you on Gable Steveson

He is Bork's buddy. Most likely he is going to WWE

He is Bork's buddy. Most likely he is going to WWE
Agreed. But Brock is a bit of a mentor to him and says he has helped him a lot understanding the business. If there's one thing Brock was great at it was putting the WWE and UFC against each other to increase his paydays. I'm sure it's wishful thinking but I hope he is just using the WWE to up his initial offer from Dana

He's better staying in school if he has a full ride.
I don't know his background, but does he have the ability where he could make a decent career out of MMA.
He's big but 6'1 260lbs without the Lesnar physique means it's an uphill battle unless he's oozing charisma.

Larger than life personality. I actually "know" his college roommate, and his personality isnt a gimmick or act he really is like that 24/7.
I too have intimate knowledge of that situation/team, and you are correct. It also has worn terribly thin on the coaching staff and teammates. Add in his over domineering father and you may have an MMA fighter/WWE star over finishing college

He'll never make it in WWE with accusations against him like he has. Their fans actively seek out people to cancel so they'll have a field day when they learn about him.

uofm-wrestlers-mugshots.jpg

College wrestlers accused of penetrating victim with ‘object’

https://nypost.com/2019/06/17/college-wrestlers-accused-of-penetrating-victim-with-object/

Sounds like the kind of guy, the UFC looks for.

I knew I had seen him somewhere...

Larger than life personality. I actually "know" his college roommate, and his personality isnt a gimmick or act he really is like that 24/7.
I too have intimate knowledge of that situation/team, and you are correct. It also has worn terribly thin on the coaching staff and teammates. Add in his over domineering father and you may have an MMA fighter/WWE star over finishing college
Snapchat-1403426993.jpg

Yea. No secret he’s already looking to cross train. Honestly I think the only thing that might keep him in college wrestling is that he can now earn huge $$ while still there thanks to the new rules
I'm all for a guy graduating, and I hope that he does. But I'd love to see him go with MMA when he's done, rather than pro wrestling. He's got the McMahon look, gotta think he'd be interested. Hope he's more interested in competing rather than performing.

I'm all for a guy graduating, and I hope that he does. But I'd love to see him go with MMA when he's done, rather than pro wrestling. He's got the McMahon look, gotta think he'd be interested. Hope he's more interested in competing rather than performing.
Totally agree. Problem is, I think he will be very successful in both arenas. One sport, you get hit in the head repeatedly and carry a very high injury and CTE. The other “sport” can make you life changing money, bring you more fame, and delivers a much lower long term injury risk. But for the sake of all that is sacred I sincerely hope he chooses MMA

EDIT: this post works for both Gable and AJ haha

Why would the UFC sign someone with 0 MMA background... I know they basically do that with WMMA but that is essentially an amateur league within the UFC brand. If he was debating between fighting or pretend fighting in the first place he probably wouldn’t be successful.

I would watch.... If they paid me 2.5x current salary hourly.

And then I would sleep...
Lol. This was funny two different times. Even if I find it offensive to the Olympic athletes. Enjoyed the post too much to be mad

Totally agree. Problem is, I think he will be very successful in both arenas. One sport, you get hit in the head repeatedly and carry a very high injury and CTE. The other “sport” can make you life changing money, bring you more fame, and delivers a much lower long term injury risk. But for the sake of all that is sacred I sincerely hope he chooses MMA

EDIT: this post works for both Gable and AJ haha

I feel like pro wrestling carries a greater chance of long term injury and CTE than MMA. If future health was a priority for me I'd go for MMA.

I doubt either of them value him that highly.

WWE needs good actors and charisma, not just physical abilities.

UFC needs people who are proven fighters, not just wrestlers.

They might both be interested but I really don't see some kind of bidding war...

Yea, I sort of got that feeling without being told that. A local kid is on the team, and I asked about him. He was pretty political about his answers going out of his way to not take any bait and say anything negative. But he didn't say anything positive either and said what you see isnt an act for the camera its how he is 24/7.

I felt pretty safe in assuming he isnt a big fan, but he knows he is way below him on the totem pole and knows to keep his mouth shut. But maybe I just read too much into it, but I doubt it.

Back