Crime Pipe Bombs Suspect Cesar Sayoc of FL arrested. Radical Trump Supporter Sent Pipe Bombs to major Dems

Soros has a lot of enemies in Asia for currency manipulation. Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte has stated that Soros has a bounty on his head.

With that having said, billionaires do not pick up and open their own mail. If someone would have wanted him dead, he would've been
shot long range, an exponentially more effective method to take out the correct target.

He's ''the man who broke the bank of England.''

No, I got that (really just got ahead of an unsustainable situation). But the claim was that he boasted about being a primary cause behind several financial crashes in other countries. I'd like to see the quotes with him boasting about causes "several financial crashes." I presume he had @TheGreatA strapped to some kind of slow-acting, seemingly escape-proof death trap at the time.

If a drug dealer does a drive buy you consider that an "act of violence by the left"?

No are you a retard or just playing dumb? I said these acts happen multiple times basically on the daily from the left they've become so common that we've gotten used to them. When someone potentially right wing does it it becomes a story, left wingers send poisonous letters in mail once a week? WHOOPSI DAISY GUISE JUST A COUPLE BAD APPLES HURPP DURRRRR.

I agree. Shit is getting out of control.

I'm glad his employee was not killed.

He's ''the man who broke the bank of England.''
Yeah, that's his tagline, but his actions weren't the cause of the crash, except in that he arguably triggered it.

He identified the pound as overvalued and bet on its impending pop against the bank. The overvaluation was the primary cause of the crash. Which is something that he would know and has expressly explained. Which is why it's weird to see someone claim that he "bragged about being the primary cause." That tells me that they either don't understand basic market mechanics like shorting or they're deliberately misrepresenting what happened.

No are you a retard or just playing dumb? I said these acts happen multiple times basically on the daily from the left they've become so common that we've gotten used to them. When someone potentially right wing does it it becomes a story, left wingers send poisonous letters in mail once a week? WHOOPSI DAISY GUISE JUST A COUPLE BAD APPLES HURPP DURRRRR.
You said Bball and I thought of basketball. I forgot about the baseball game shooter.

He has "made himself a target" by supporting civil liberties and democratic gov't in countries governed by oppressive regimes. But I'd think that agents of one of those gov'ts would be reluctant to attack a U.S. citizen on U.S. soil.

Not just that, but his role as a high-stakes speculator, contributing to the "Black Wednesday" in England, breaking the bank of Thailand, "Black Thursday" in Russia, etc.

It would not surprise me at all, if the people who lost their livelihoods as a result of those crashes, held a grudge against Soros.

It would probably be wrong to say that he was the sole cause, but in various interviews he has boasted of his role, and takes great pride in his feats as a businessman, so as I said, he has made himself a target for criticism.

Yeah, that's his tagline, but his actions weren't the cause of the crash, except in that he arguably triggered it.

He identified the pound as overvalued and bet on its impending pop against the bank. The overvaluation was the primary cause of the crash. Which is something that he would know and has expressly explained. Which is why it's weird to see someone claim that he "bragged about being the primary cause." That tells me that they either don't understand basic market mechanics like shorting or they're deliberately misrepresenting what happened.

That, plus "several other countries."

Leftist false flag obviously.

Suddenly people are discussing this thread instead of the caravan of murderers coming to rape and rob white people

Actual picture of the invaders heading northbound through Mexico:

mad-max-hd-wallpapers-hd-69541-4135011.png

The point is that he himself puts a large part of the responsibility on himself, for causing those crashes. Whether he is the sole cause, or not, does not really matter to some guy who has lost their entire livelihood. When Soros says that his actions have "inadverse consequences", and that he cannot take any moral responsibility for any of it, he's kind of setting the table for people harbouring a grudge against him.

Most speculators know better than to be gloating about their role in a financial crash.

Not just that, but his role as a high-stakes speculator, contributing to the "Black Wednesday" in England, breaking the bank of Thailand, "Black Thursday" in Russia, etc.

It would not surprise me at all, if the people who lost their livelihoods as a result of those crashes, held a grudge against Soros.

It would probably be wrong to say that he was the sole cause, but in various interviews he has boasted of his role, so as I said, he has made himself a target for criticism.

The second link (I know the first story already, and you don't describe it accurately) notes, "Soros has argued that hedge funds did not start the crisis it was, in fact, the reaction of Thailand's central bank to the knowledge of hedge fund positioning that exacerbated the problems." And also that all he did was take the correct side of the bet (not the biggest hedge-fund investor doing that). Your claim is that he boasted about being the primary cause of a financial crash! That's quite a difference. Doesn't inspire confidence here.

The third link says: "Concerns over currency devaluation and worries the country may default on its loans have plagued the Russian market for weeks.
Those fears hit a fever pitch Thursday after billionaire financier and philanthropist George Soros urged Russian economic leaders to devalue the ruble and introduce a currency pegged to the dollar or euro.
In a letter published in the British newspaper Financial Times, Soros said the exchange rate should be 15 percent to 20 percent below the current rate to reflect the recent oil price collapse.
Soros, an influential voice in the financial markets, hit it big speculating against sterling and other European currencies in 1992.
As of October, Soros Fund Management, the principal investment adviser to the Quantum Group of Funds, had invested more than $2.5 billion in Russian business, making Soros the leading Western investor in that country." Again, not the slightest bit of support for your claim.

And see Quipling's post.

If you modify the claim to the more-accurate: "He's made good investments and people on the other side of them might be mad," it doesn't sound like a likely motivation for the attempt, especially in comparison to the demonization from the right (that he's essentially behind all left-wing anger at bad governance).

The violent right strikes again.

The second link (I know the first story already, and you don't describe it accurately) notes, "Soros has argued that hedge funds did not start the crisis it was, in fact, the reaction of Thailand's central bank to the knowledge of hedge fund positioning that exacerbated the problems." And also that all he did was take the correct side of the bet (not the biggest hedge-fund investor doing that). Your claim is that he boasted about being the primary cause of a financial crash! That's quite a difference. Doesn't inspire confidence here.

The third link says: "Concerns over currency devaluation and worries the country may default on its loans have plagued the Russian market for weeks.
Those fears hit a fever pitch Thursday after billionaire financier and philanthropist George Soros urged Russian economic leaders to devalue the ruble and introduce a currency pegged to the dollar or euro.
In a letter published in the British newspaper Financial Times, Soros said the exchange rate should be 15 percent to 20 percent below the current rate to reflect the recent oil price collapse.
Soros, an influential voice in the financial markets, hit it big speculating against sterling and other European currencies in 1992.
As of October, Soros Fund Management, the principal investment adviser to the Quantum Group of Funds, had invested more than $2.5 billion in Russian business, making Soros the leading Western investor in that country." Again, not the slightest bit of support for your claim.

And see Quipling's post.

If you modify the claim to the more-accurate: "He's made good investments and people on the other side of them might be mad," it doesn't sound like a likely motivation for the attempt, especially in comparison to the demonization from the right (that he's essentially behind all left-wing anger at bad governance).

Again it is statements like this:

That do not necessarily endear him to the hearts of the people who lost a lot of money because of the financial crashes that he, if not directly causing, was certainly in the middle of.

I do not really feel the need to argue over whether he was the sole reason behind the crashes or not, or whether he simply played his part as was necessary.

[/Quote]
The point is that he himself puts a large part of the responsibility on himself, for causing those crashes.
This is the opposite of what he has done. His position is that the crashes were caused by market forces and he therefore isnt responsible for them.
Whether he is the sole cause, or not, does not really matter to some guy who has lost their entire livelihood. When Soros says that his actions have "inadverse consequences", and that he cannot take any moral responsibility for any of it, he's kind of setting the table for people harbouring a grudge against him.
This is daft. Your original position was that he had bragged about being the primary cause for the crashes. He hasn't. You're repeating that, but you're also trying to sneak in something new via which is hamstrung by your inability to drop your previous bullshit.

Your best possible argument here is that some disgruntled idiot might mistakenly think that Soros caused the crash and come after him, but that's a long way from the original claim.

It's also ridiculous. Black Wednesday happened a quarter-century ago. Even if your description was accurate-and it was not-the idea that someone attacked him because of his currency trading (and not because of more recent political activities or deranged perceptions thereof) is implausible to the point of silliness.

Again it is statements like this:

That do not necessarily endear him to the hearts of the people who lost a lot of money because of the financial crashes that he, if not directly causing, was certainly in the middle of.

I do not really feel the need to argue over whether he was the sole reason behind the crashes or not, or whether he simply played his part as was necessary.

Didn't see the whole thing, but what I saw is very different from your claim. He's saying that the crashes would happen anyway (which happens to be accurate, though that's beside the point). You said that he bragged about causing crashes. Surely you can see the difference between the two claims, can't you?

This is the opposite of what he has done. His position is that the crashes were caused by market forces and he therefore isnt responsible for them.

He says that he isn't responsible because he is involved in an "amoral business" where he cannot consider the social consequences of his actions. Yet he does acknowledge that his statements and financial moves often have "inadverse consequences", which he, again, does not take any moral responsibility for, because he feels that he cannot do so as a competitor.

This is daft. Your original position was that he had bragged about being the primary cause for the crashes. He hasn't. You're repeating that, but you're also trying to sneak in something new via which is hamstrung by your inability to drop your previous bullshit.

Your best possible argument here is that some disgruntled idiot might mistakenly think that Soros caused the crash and come after him, but that's a long way from the original claim.

It's also ridiculous. Black Wednesday happened a quarter-century ago. Even if your description was accurate-and it was not-the idea that someone attacked him because of his currency trading (and not because of more recent political activities or deranged perceptions thereof) is silly.

He does acknowledge his role. He just does not acknowledge any moral role, because he simply sees himself as doing his part as a speculator. He was most definitely, 100%, the most visible player in the Russian financial crash, at the very least, which even he himself acknowledges.

I did not say that he was attacked because of his currency trading, I said that the grudges against him go back several decades, and that he has fueled the fire by being very open about his role in these kinds of events, much more so than any other speculators.

Last edited:
Soros, esentially, "If I steal and/or devalue all of your belongings you should thank me because I am exposing your inferior anti-devaluing defenses to my billion dollar empire."

Last edited:
he should have just sent ricin, then you guys wouldn't have made a thread about it

Back