Crime Pipe Bombs Suspect Cesar Sayoc of FL arrested. Radical Trump Supporter Sent Pipe Bombs to major Dems

No. The first thing I ask myself is what the purpose of (insert incident)

Everything happens for a reason. Someone is benefiting in every situation. And I want to know who/what/why.

Okay, I was just quoting you stating that everything is fake until proven otherwise.

Maybe it's because culturally in Australia we don't have rampant conspiracy theories and distrust of our government (at least, not to the extent as in the US), but Occams Razor is a fantastic principle and gets it right 95% of the time.

If someone is sending pipe bombs it is probably a lunatic. Some day it won't be, but for every other day of the year it's a damn safe bet.

Yeah, but you liked that meme that time. You are part of the problem. Bombings aren't the problem. Shootings aren't the issue. Anti semites? Please. But you really crossed the line liking that meme.

Intentionally pretending not to understand is not going to help you here.

The problem is the incredible amount of hate. That hate is behind the bombs and the shootings. That hate is explicitly announced by LI on this forum on a daily basis. It's irresponsible.

Decency?

What exactly is it that you want me to do. ?

I defended those who have questioned the veracity of the official story, but if guilty have condemned this guy.

I wholeheartedly condemned the actions of the synagogue murderer,

I have Condemned racists, all racists including white progressive ethnomasochists....

Did you want me to start a GoFundMe page?

Decency would be not supporting the exact hate that caused the near-tragedy the thread is about.

I know this is sherdog, and generally speaking, it is seen as an alternate reality for guys who are really into mma, internet and video game culture. The fact that I do not really fit that mold does not escape me, and I approach everything with the understanding that I will not fully understand the culture you guys seem to be a part of. But at some point, the way people on here talk is disturbing. I don't say that lightly. The reason why I talk to you specifically, is because I feel like I almost know you, and think you seem like you should be a really decent guy. I think a lot of these guys are genuinely deranged, and it is reflected in their posts. I mostly ignore them because of that, I don't really see any reason to engage.

For example, I would not be comfortable with a next door neighbor who posts propaganda on the internet and talks about "liberal pieces of shit" on the internet. The same would go for "conservative piece of shit" or anything else remotely like that. That is bizarre, anti-social behavior. It is the kind of behavior that my entire life would have been a red flag, a sign of a potential school-shooter type, right up until the day I joined this site and started seeing it every day.

I am really not concerned at all about what you guys think of my moral grandstanding. If I see something drastically wrong, to the point that I'm disturbed, I'm going to call it out. If I'm called out by the people that are posting disturbing things, then I'll take that as a compliment.

I know this is sherdog, and generally speaking, it is seen as an alternate reality for guys who are really into mma, internet and video game culture. The fact that I do not really fit that mold does not escape me, and I approach everything with the understanding that I will not fully understand the culture you guys seem to be a part of. But at some point, the way people on here talk is disturbing. I don't say that lightly. The reason why I talk to you specifically, is because I feel like I almost know you, and think you seem like you should be a really decent guy. I think a lot of these guys are genuinely deranged, and it is reflected in their posts. I mostly ignore them because of that.
Hey, I like you man, I got no problem with you. But what the fuck is this paragraph? You've got 18,000 posts on a karate forum. Dont try divorcing yourself from "the culture" - this is some fake bullshit.

Hey, I like you man, I got no problem with you. But what the fuck is this paragraph? You've got 18,000 posts on a karate forum. Dont try divorcing yourself from "the culture" - this is some fake bullshit.

I'm talking about the anti-social aspect of Internet culture. The part where you say outrageous things, call entire political parties pieces of shit, post propaganda, etc. Then somehow pretend that none of that actually matters or has an effect on society. Cesar Sayoc is just more proof that anti-social behavior on the Internet does have an effect on real people and their very real actions. I think this forum has a lot of behavior that is just awful for society.

Last edited:
Decency would be not supporting the exact hate that caused the near-tragedy the thread is about.

I know this is sherdog, and generally speaking, it is seen as an alternate reality for guys who are really into mma, internet and video game culture. The fact that I do not really fit that mold does not escape me, and I approach everything with the understanding that I will not fully understand the culture you guys seem to be a part of. But at some point, the way people on here talk is disturbing. I don't say that lightly. The reason why I talk to you specifically, is because I feel like I almost know you, and think you seem like you should be a really decent guy. I think a lot of these guys are genuinely deranged, and it is reflected in their posts. I mostly ignore them because of that, I don't really see any reason to engage.

For example, I would not be comfortable with a next door neighbor who posts propaganda on the internet and talks about "liberal pieces of shit" on the internet. The same would go for "conservative piece of shit" or anything else remotely like that. That is bizarre, anti-social behavior. It is the kind of behavior that my entire life would have been a red flag, a sign of a potential school-shooter type, right up until the day I joined this site and started seeing it every day.

I am really not concerned at all about what you guys think of my moral grandstanding. If I see something drastically wrong, to the point that I'm disturbed, I'm going to call it out. If I'm called out by the people that are posting disturbing things, then I'll take that as a compliment.

I have to agree.

The last few days have been simply disgraceful and the nickname of Sherfront is damn well close to the mark. There are people here who are completely unhinged and this forum, at this pace, is quite literally radicalising people. Some may celebrate my departure but there are times where I wonder if I want to have any part in this.

The kinds of things people write here are the kinds of things you read in lunatics manifestos after they commit heinous acts. They are the kinds of things the news will dig through after some massacre and everyone will say 'oh damn, we should have known'. We are seeing it here and now on this very forum.

I have to agree.

The last few days have been simply disgraceful and the nickname of Sherfront is damn well close to the mark. There are people here who are completely unhinged and this forum, at this pace, is quite literally radicalising people. Some may celebrate my departure but there are times where I wonder if I want to have any part in this.

Yeah, me too. We all mess around sometimes, and there's banter and some of it gets rude and callous, but there are lines of decency that are crossed on here I don't really feel comfortable being a part of. That's not meant to sound dramatic, it's just something that doesn't sit well with me.

It is kind of his "gimmick". Everybody's got their own.

@nac386 resides far above us "common rabble", and his hands remain as clean as those of Pontius Pilate.

People who continue to be "shocked" by statements made in the no-holds barred political section of a MMA forum, aren't altogether convincing to me.

Even the very description of this forum, encourages people to "duke it out" and let off steam. The appeal of this forum is not that it has high quality discussion, but the fact that you are pretty freely allowed to speak your mind on things, and not in a particularly non-confrontational manner either. The obvious conflicts that take place, are the source of the hilarity.

Whenever that aspect of the forum is compromised, and the moderation gets tighter, and I usually take a hike for a while.

Nobody remembers the guys who diplomatically posted their 2 cents, and didn't get into any fights over it. But they do remember who was banned, and why.

Last edited:
It is kind of his "gimmick". Everybody's got their own.

@nac386 resides far above us "common rabble", and his hands remain as clean as those of Pontius Pilate.

People who continue to be "shocked" by statements made in the no-holds barred political section of a MMA forum, aren't altogether convincing to me.

Even the very description of this forum, encourages people to "duke it out" and let off steam. The appeal of this forum is not that it has high quality discussion, but the fact that you are pretty freely allowed to speak your mind on things, and not in a particularly non-confrontational manner either. The obvious conflicts that take place, are the source of the hilarity.

Whenever that aspect of the forum is compromised, and the moderation gets tighter, and I usually take a hike for a while.

Nobody remembers the guys who diplomatically posted their 2 cents, and didn't get into any fights over it. But they do remember who was banned, and why.
I can already see their new tactic of painting people who dont fall in line as "crazy and dangerous" shaping up.

No that's not the consensus, the consensus is anyone who thinks its a false flag is retarded. Don't go full retard rip.

I agree with this, but I don't think it's unreasonable to ask how mail was delivered with short postage and no postmark/cancelled stamps.

I think suggesting that someone helped this homeless guy is actually logical.

Intentionally pretending not to understand is not going to help you here.

The problem is the incredible amount of hate. That hate is behind the bombs and the shootings. That hate is explicitly announced by LI on this forum on a daily basis. It's irresponsible.
Man that is a toxic way of thinking.
I agree with this, but I don't think it's unreasonable to ask how mail was delivered with short postage and no postmark/cancelled stamps.

I think suggesting that someone helped this homeless guy is actually logical.
I think incompetence is a safer assumption than malice and collusion though.

I'm talking about the anti-social aspect of Internet culture. The part where you say outrageous things, call entire political parties pieces of shit, post propaganda, etc. Then somehow pretend that none of that actually matters or has an effect on society. Cesar Sayoc is just more proof that anti-social behavior on the Internet does have an effect on real people and their very real actions. I think this forum has a lot of behavior that is just awful for society.
I really think you need a break from the internet or at the very least sherdog if you take things posted here that seriously that you can call someone deranged. I’ve never seen anything close to that posted here that would would lead me to believe we have bombers or mass shooters among us.

I can already see their new tactic of painting people who dont fall in line as "crazy and dangerous" shaping up.

Hardly a new tactic though, when you think about it.

Anyway, after any such event such as this, there's always a period of people denouncing those that may fall in line with the ideological side of the "attacker".

The "right wing" has had its day in the past when the Muslim terror attacks were more common around the West. And inevitably, the left wing now has its day when some of America's right-wing nutjobs go nuts. I've always told people to exercise caution before jumping to conclusions, because there is no lack of crazies around the world.

Ultimately, no political side can truly control its own, to that extent. The mind of a mad-man can be encouraged to commit violence on behalf of almost everything. The Americans nearly had a President assassinated, because of the movie "Taxi Driver", and that movie kind of tried to warn against such behaviour, instead of portraying it in a positive light.

None of that excuses using inflammatory and irresponsible speech, but ultimately we need to acknowledge that preventing these kinds of situations probably cannot be accomplished merely by shutting down somebody's Twitter feed. That's a cheap and easy answer to a complex problem that has existed in America, for centuries, long before any social media came about.

If the only answer that we've got is compromising from free speech, then we're probably not utilizing our brain to the fullest extent.

I really think you need a break from the internet or at the very least sherdog if you take things posted here that seriously that you can call someone deranged. I’ve never seen anything close to that posted here that would would lead me to believe we have bombers or mass shooters among us.

The Boston bomber posted here. We already know we've had those types here.

There's whack jobs all over the net. Sherdog probably barely even rates on the internet crazy scale.
I don't think MMA fans as a demographic are that far out there.
The changes in the War Room are reflective of changes in the broader political "dialogue".
Not that I like them, identity politics are bullshit, but that's the zeitgeist.

Back