Piera Rodriguez blasts ‘coward’ Ariane Carnelossi after headbutt disqualification loss

Hahahahah go full retard and stick with it!
No kidding. Rodriguez has no one but herself to blame. Two headbutts in a row. She was dominating Carnelossi prior to the stupid head butts that caused her DQ loss. Talking all this crap when it wasn't Carnelossi's fault. Piera needs to check herself.

It was super blatant too. Not like the Corey Anderson Headbutt where he was going down for a strike at same time opponent was trying to come up for positioning and they bonked heads along the path.

It was super blatant too. Not like the Corey Anderson Headbutt where he was going down for a strike at same time opponent was trying to come up for positioning and they bonked heads along the path.

It's rare to see someone intentionally headbutt someone once let alone multiple times. Who knows how many more she would have gone for if the ref didn't see.

I don't blame her opponent for quitting. God knows what she woulda done next

I agree with Rodriguez, enough with these ''rules''..

ad137ccb-b3c9-4527-94f3-c0031eaffab6_text.gif

Headbutts should be legal, it's a valid technique, but yeah, it doesn't look pretty. They would solve the stale positions from within the guard quickly :) Both people from the bottom and top would be able to use it.

But since it's not legal Piera just looks silly now blaming the other girl.

Last edited:
I mean I get why she's upset and frustrated, I can even kinda understand her sentiment if I'm playing devils advocate, but fact is she fucked up, broke the rules and got the penalty that went with the infraction. Deal with it, do better.

Carnelossi obviously Aljo'd it. You can see by how she reacts quickly and alertly immediately after the shot, but then behaves as if she falls into a stupor a couple of seconds later when she realises she can potentially milk a DQ victory. Then she goes on to behave in a variety of odd ways, such as responding very slowly to the ref/doctor as if she can't understand what he's asking her etc.

Reminiscent of C.B. Dollaway vs Hector Lombard, Aljo vs Petr Yan, Remy Bonjasky vs Badr Hari, Josh Koscheck vs Paul Daley (although he won the fight)

Carnelossi obviously Aljo'd it. You can see by how she reacts quickly and alertly immediately after the shot, but then behaves as if she falls into a stupor a couple of seconds later when she realises she can potentially milk a DQ victory. Then she goes on to behave in a variety of odd ways, such as responding very slowly to the ref/doctor as if she can't understand what he's asking her etc.

Reminiscent of C.B. Dollaway vs Hector Lombard, Aljo vs Petr Yan, Remy Bonjasky vs Badr Hari, Josh Koscheck vs Paul Daley (although he won the fight)

Didn't they carry Dollaway out on a stretcher?

Piera Rodriguez believes Ariane Carnelossi was looking for a way out in their strawweight fight at UFC Fight Night 241.

After rocking Carnelossi with a front kick and ending up in top position, Rodriguez landed what appeared to be an accidental headbutt. However, the Venezuelan fighter repeated the maneuver following a warning from referee Mark Smith, which resulted in a disqualification loss at the 3:16 mark of Round 2. Carnelossi took as long as she could to recover following the fouls, but it was ultimately determined that the Brazilian could not continue.

After the loss, Rodriguez’s questioned her opponent’s motives in a post on social media.

“I rather lose a fight because of a mistake I did, than go home calling myself a ‘winner’ knowing I am a coward,” Rodriguez wrote on Instagram. “I made a big mistake, maybe because of adrenaline.

“But you have to go to sleep with that lie in your head your entire life [Ariane Carnelossi]. And you call yourself brave? I hope you and your team enjoy my money.”

Agreed but at least Aljo was baiting for fouls by dropping to a knee during stuffed shots or pocket exchanges.

Carnelossi took the faker way to victory, but who can blame her - she just got her whole shit broke by that kick and she wasn’t baiting headbutts….gotta take the W when your opponent is dumb enough to foul in those spots.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cauã masagão
Back