Phil Davis Says That Vinny Magalh

This makes me more confident Davis will win

It's not "ducking" when he only had like 2 weeks to prepare, versus Davis's full training camp.

Oh boy this is a very bad matchup for Vinny.Phil has great top control and good BJJ.
Most of his wins are subs from the top.
Not sure what Vinny saw to make him think Phil would be good for him.

You're crazy if you think Phil would want the fight on the ground with Vinny.

Vinny grappling is great, but this is MMA guys, elbows from the sky changes everything

People always nut hug vinny, just because he posts on here.

Davis by boring ass decision I dont know why either of them wants this fight...it will turn into a crappy kick boxing match that makes both of them look like chumps.

Also Vinny currently weighs 245lbs? I know its the holidays and all, but learn some self control on the eating bro.

tumblr_m9yl34L2Gq1ry1rm7o1_250.gif

because i was talking about a MMA fight, not a BJJ match. you know where you can punch/elbow people in face using top control.

No shit, sherlock. But how many wins does Phil have via elbows, or even GnP in general? All his UFC wins are by dec. or sub. His last TKO was in his 3rd fight, 3 years ago. You do know striking goes both ways, and Phil's isn't exactly pretty.

Every strike leaves an opening, if anyone could find it, it's Vinny. The only way I see Phil winning is by playing the blanket game.

You're crazy if you think Phil would want the fight on the ground with Vinny.

Yep. Unless he wants to blanket, it's a very bad idea.

Your the clown who said Davis had "zero" chance of subbing Vinny.

Sorry, if you've got a half decent knowledge of MMA and Phil Davis then you should be aware that he has a VERY good chance of subbing Vinny.

That's all.

Is this real life?

Vinny had the opportunity to fight Davis at UFC 155 and turned it down because he was out of shape. He then spent the rest of that week calling Davis out. Reasonable that Phil would respond.

Yes and Hughes is a far superior submission grappler than Davis. I have no doubt Davis could rock Vinny and attempt a sub. However, Davis grabbing a sub and Hughes grabbing a sub are two different things. There is much less of a bjj skill gap between Hughes and Almeida than Phil and Vinny. And I don't agree that Davis has "a larger arsenal of subs" than Vinny. I can guarantee you that the last thing Davis will do if he rocks Vinny is go for a submission hold. He'll keep it standing or try to finish with ground & pound.

meant to put Large, not larger, edited. Hadn't noticed my mistake earlier.

but either way, my point still stands. Fwiw, I think Phil is equally as good as Hughes was in terms of submission prowess. Doesn't mean if Vinny gets tagged and leaves his neck out there that Phil can't put him in a choke. Shit happens.

Thats why its MMA and not a Bjj match, cause you get hit in the face

A GIF of Vinny getting KOed standing has absolutely zero relevance towards what's being discussed in this thread.

Might as well post this too:

dan-henderson-knocking-out-michael-bisping.gif

i heard the same type of talk when belcher fought paul harris. how did that work out? this is MMA not BJJ.

Phil could definitely use his grappling/top control to stifle vinnys BJJ

With all due to respect to Palhares, Vinny is on a whole different level.

[QUOTE="Rush";77291883]That was 11 fights ago...[/QUOTE]

And he hasn't faced any good competition since.

I like how dudes are talking as if Phil Davis has zero ground game. Vinny has the better ground game but Phil is far from a slouch on the ground.

Back