Phil Davis Says That Vinny Magalh

doherty

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
15471829.png

Its not really ducking if you weigh 40 pounds over the limit.

Vinny said he just wanted a full training camp, so he would have fought Phil on any card near the end of January or after. He suggested He didn't buy Davis's excuse that he had family plans for this period. Basically, he's saying Phil is afraid to fight him with a full camp because his schedule ought to be open now.

Last edited:
Yeah, the reality is that Vinny was in no shape to prepare for a weight cut with such short notice. He cuts 30+ pounds from training camp to a fight.

Davis knows this and is probably just trying to get buzz going for their inevitable 2013 match up.

I would have liked to see it even it had to be at catchweight though.

I really don't think Vinny should be in there with a fighter of Davis's caliber. Davis tools him on the feet and no chance in hell Vinny gets him down

Oh boy this is a very bad matchup for Vinny.Phil has great top control and good BJJ.
Most of his wins are subs from the top.
Not sure what Vinny saw to make him think Phil would be good for him.

Vinny's been trolling Phil all week on Twitter.

Oh boy this is a very bad matchup for Vinny.Phil has great top control and good BJJ.
Most of his wins are subs from the top.
Not sure what Vinny saw to make him think Phil would be good for him.

lol, if that fights turns out to be a grappling match Davis is fucked.

Shame, I wanted to see that fight. Not gonna get caught up in the ducking allegations just disappointed god damn it!

lol, if that fights turns out to be a grappling match Davis is fucked.

i heard the same type of talk when belcher fought paul harris. how did that work out? this is MMA not BJJ.

Phil could definitely use his grappling/top control to stifle vinnys BJJ

Wow. Embarrassing, Vinny. Makes you look real stupid.

Vinny doesn't like to be punched in the face. That is why he couldn't cut it in the UFC the first time. Phil keeps it on his feet, shoots last minute for the takedowns to secure the rd. it's a no brainer strategy. Phil doesn't want to try to grapple/ sub Vinny.

Phil is good as hell on top I believe if he gets on top he will get a nice sub an dmaybe take on Bader if he wins his next match or maybe he can get Thiago Silva but I doubt that hopefully him and Griffin reschedule so he can get a big name win and improve at the same time I'd like to see how they market a man in pink tights for a title fight WAR DAVIS!

I'll be rooting for Davis. I think he's gonna smash Vinny.

i heard the same type of talk when belcher fought paul harris. how did that work out? this is MMA not BJJ.

Phil could definitely use his grappling/top control to stifle vinnys BJJ

Vinny subbed friggin' Buchecha, I don't think Phil presents that many problems.

And if he does, why isn't he competing in say, ADCC? Arona's the ADCC GOAT with nothing BUT top control. (and a couple subs)

Davis tools him on the feet

Who has Phil Davis EVER "tooled on the feet?" The funny thing about Davis is that he's pretty much the only top 10 LHW who ISN'T a much better striker than Vinny.

Back