Phil Davis Says That Vinny Magalh

Hughes was way better in grappling than Davis? Hmmm. No I dont think so.

I would comfortably put money on Davis if the match is made against Maghlaes. You know there's problems when people cant talk about MMA rankings but instead talk about other meaningless rankings like BJJ.

Davis is top 10.

Vinny is fringe top 20 at best.

I already agreed Davis would win an mma match. That's not what was being discussed. Don't just jump into a discussion with crap that is off point when you obviously couldn't be bothered following the comments.

Vinny outstrikes Phil Davis by a large margin and Davis pulls guard, Vinny gets reckless with his GnP and Phil Davis wins via either omoplata or peruvian necktie.

A big vinny fan but I thought Phil would be fighting better competition to be honest

Davis can sub Boetsch and Prado...so he can CERTAINLY sub a world class BJJ guy.

Is this what I'm hearing?

I could see Vinny shooting a double, Davis sprawling than latching on to his neck for an anaconda choke.

lol, if that fights turns out to be a grappling match Davis is fucked.

lol at a bjj fighter beating an extremely dominant wrestler. When was the last time we had a bjj stylist be champ or even relevant in a division?

I already agreed Davis would win an mma match. That's not what was being discussed. Don't just jump into a discussion with crap that is off point when you obviously couldn't be bothered following the comments.

Your the clown who said Davis had "zero" chance of subbing Vinny.

Sorry, if you've got a half decent knowledge of MMA and Phil Davis then you should be aware that he has a VERY good chance of subbing Vinny.

That's all.

lol at a bjj fighter beating an extremely dominant wrestler. When was the last time we had a bjj stylist be champ or even relevant in a division?

damian mai....no wait...jaca...no wait...paul harr...no wait..Hoger grac...no wait...rickson by armbar....

Why isn't Vinny here yet? Is Google Alerts not working?

Has something happened to him?

Now I'm worried.

reading the whole thing it seems like Phil is the one that doesn't want the fight.

He couldn't make weight short notice... What do you want Phil lol The fight is still going through last I heard so no ducking either way

Vinny is going to get embarrassed and everyone is going to claim how much of a mismatch this was AFTER the fight.

So Vinny prefers getting controlled on the ground with a chance to sub, of course he is confident in his JJ. I guess he is not as confident in his chin. Dominating wrestler making strides in his striking he would rather fight than a guy he can get top pos. on and prolly sub?

Could have easily called out(and probably should have) someone like Matt Hammill, Cyrille Diabate, or even a Jimi Manuwa.

I'm thinking of match ups for Davis that make sense. Man light heavyweight is really barren with some great but aging fighters at the top but below them everyone else is meh.

Honestly, I think Vinny would dominate Phil Davis.

Phil is the type of fighter that gets wins but never really makes an impression. His stand-up is pretty bad and he would have to fight Vinny's fight. It would come down to his top control vs Vinny's BJJ and i think Vinny would get the sub.

Never makes an impression? What about his one arm kimura over Boestch? What about his 2 anaconda choke victories?

and id go as far as saying vinnys stand up > phils

maybe technically, but phil can keep it at a distance and establishes his range with kicks pretty well. plus he's really good at not getting hit too often. rashad had trouble with him and he's alot better striker than vinny.

just dont think vinny could hope to get him down and i doubt phil would take it to the ground. this fight would be a sloppy standup fight imo

i really dont want to see it, on paper it looks good but irl i dont think it would be good for either guy

Back