Phil Davis guarantees he'd be able to take down Jon Jones: 'I'll get him down and kee

Interesting, tell me more...

How else would you describe the 5 round neutralization of DC? Wasn't flashy, especially to the uninitiated, but it was complete and left no questions unanswered.

As you can see.

The level of MMA fan analysis is at an all time high. Really seems like most of you put a great deal of critical thought into this stuff.

Didn't get down fighter A, so obviously he won't get down fighter B....Well done.'

Jones is the best wrestler in MMA right now. Anyone who says with straight face they're going to just dominate him on that mat is kidding themselves.

I'm quite sick of his mouth beat someone first, you are nowhere near a title shot against Jones cause of your shitty fight IQ and overall lack of skills

Davis hoping to get the last resort title shot, I see.

Nothing against him but it feels like Phil hasn't improved at all in the last 5 years and I can't think of any way that he actually even gets inside on Jones, let alone take him down.

He had nothing for rumble... And I questions whether he could take DC down...

I remember back when he was fighting Lil' Nog, and in the build-up to it EVERYONE was asking him about Jones/comparing him to Jones (both were undefeated at the time), and he was so tired of it that his rule was that his wrestling coach had to do a shot every time they got asked about Jones.

He also came across as one of the coolest guys in MMA -- down-to-earth, funny. Then Vinny, after training with Chael, talked his way into a fight with Phil that he had absolutely no business getting. I think that made Phil a bit more cynical about how the "fight business" works. One man's theory.

I like Phil Davis, he seems like a fun guy to be around.

I don't blame him for trying to talk himself up when you see fighters like Conor come out of nowhere, talk trash, beat mid-tier FWs, and get paid more than Phil ever did for beating just as good if not better competition.

It's sad but: talk trash > be humble when it comes to getting paid in the UFC. I'd blame casual fans, but what's the point.

You can still have charisma and not be a loud mouth. Fedor/Aldo/JDS/GSP and so on...

Phil Davis is a perfect example of someone who should not be in the UFC at all

The only way he is ever going to win is by hugging a person to a decision, or capitalizing on a mistake the opponent makes to submit, rather than him doing something offensively.

And now even his plan of hugging people has turned unrealistic and frankly a joke, not to mention straight up delusional when talking about Jones.

He better worry about bader and not pull what he did with rumble.

first it was Jon doing coke... now we got Phil doing Acid because he is straight Trippin

Dude really just needs to keep Jones out of his mouth. Trash talk and wolf tickets and all that mess doesn't mean anything if it's making you look like the silly joke.

His MMA wrestling isn't very good at all. Evans pretty much called that before their fight and exposed it big time.

I like Phil Davis, he seems like a fun guy to be around.

I don't blame him for trying to talk himself up when you see fighters like Conor come out of nowhere, talk trash, beat mid-tier FWs, and get paid more than Phil ever did for beating just as good if not better competition.

It's sad but: talk trash > be humble when it comes to getting paid in the UFC. I'd blame casual fans, but what's the point.

You can still have charisma and not be a loud mouth. Fedor/Aldo/JDS/GSP and so on...

Its too bad his trash talk has abosluterly no backing whatsoever. Chael had proved a point by beating the then Okami, and Nate before he started talking. Connor is proving as much as he talks so far. What did Phil do? out lay a slow Glover Texiera before being Rumbles son for three rounds? or was it the beating that Rashad instilled on him for a steady 5 five prior to that.

Phil's trash talks is the likes of a child saying he wants to be a president one day (even that has more backing though)

407354_2463876722192_1410458396_32053602_379122375_n.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back