Phil Davis guarantees he'd be able to take down Jon Jones: 'I'll get him down and kee

I really, really, hope Bader KO's Phil so he can stop thinking he can hang with Jon Jones.

I think he's got nothing for Jones in any fighting position,standing,in wrestling or on the ground.Davis has problems in last few fights with his wrestling,yes he got 9 takedowns on Glover but that came after he found a weakness on Glover(back control),while he was going for double legs Glover was defending well.This would be IMO one of the easiest title defenses for Jones.

I think he has nothing for jones, but that was actually one thing that shows Davis is a high level wrestler. In the with Rogerio, Gus, and glover all those guys showed could tdd. But Davis showed that if you allow him to grapple with you, and you don't separate immediately, he will eventually find a way to get you down, and out wrestle you.

I think he has nothing for jones, but that was actually one thing that shows Davis is a high level wrestler. In the with Rogerio, Gus, and glover all those guys showed could tdd. But Davis showed that if you allow him to grapple with you, and you don't separate immediately, he will eventually find a way to get you down, and out wrestle you.

I think those were more of a display of his fight I.Q. His doubles were being easily stuffed in each of those fights. In the Gus fight he switched to a clinch trip, in the Texeira fight he exploited Texeira's clinch, and he switched to single legs against Lil Nog.

He's a good wrestler but he has been outgrappled before(Shad).

Davis will never get a title shot unless he is filling in for someone.

Phil Davis couldn't compete with high level wrestlers like Rashad and Rumble, and even struggled greatly against Lil Nog way back in 2011. His wrestling is good, but he is just not good enough to make it a threat against Jon Jones. Jones would beat him senseless on the feet, and block all of his take down attempts no different than Rumble and Rashad did to him. IMO, Phil needs to go a (kick)boxing gym and focus on his striking, because right now he doesn't have a viable secondary skill to fall back on if his wrestling is not working. All of the guys ranked above Davis like Jones, Gus, Cormier, Johnson, and Rashad have good enough wrestling to nullify him, but also have an edge in striking to tip the scales against him as well. Phil needs to understand that he's in a wrestler heavy division, and he will need to up the quality of his striking to compete against them better.

JJ's gonna snort all the wet of Davis' towel.

Is Phil Davis actually going to fight tonight?

Or is he going to do his usual.

Last time he talked like that, he got son'd by Rumble. Hope he gets son'd by Bader.

Davis' wrestling is more like Munoz. Great defensive and at reversing and in keeping guys from controlling them but not the greatest when the opponent is not engaging in wrestling to let them counter.

Davis would be far less likely then Cormier to get Jones down.

He doesn't have the heart of intensity to use his skills properly. He doesn't even 'choke', he simply doesn't have the aggressive nature to push forward. His striking is mediocre, and also he just doesn't like to get hit.

Phil Davis peaked almost as soon as he began fighting.

Jones would destroy Phil.

dude can barely hang with bader, his striking and wrestling are not good enough to beat jones, no chance

Phil Davis: "If I wanna take jon jones down 100 times i'll take him down 100 times"

Back