Phil Davis guarantees he'd be able to take down Jon Jones: 'I'll get him down and kee

Solid top 10 fighter, but irrelevant in regards to the belt.

Its too bad his trash talk has abosluterly no backing whatsoever. Chael had proved a point by beating the then Okami, and Nate before he started talking. Connor is proving as much as he talks so far. What did Phil do? out lay a slow Glover Texiera before being Rumbles son for three rounds? or was it the beating that Rashad instilled on him for a steady 5 five prior to that.

Phil's trash talks is the likes of a child saying he wants to be a president one day (even that has more backing though)

yea, that's because Phil didnt start talking trash from the beginning. imagine if he had trash talked before his fights with Stann, Gus, Boetsch & Lil Nog & at the same time calling out the then champ Shogun. Davis would have probably gotten the title shot before Jones & maybe even Evans. And would have gotten paid a lot more than he did in the process.

I agree trash talk doesn't suit Davis well, not because of his losses, but because he doesn't seem like that type of person.

I wouldnt be surprised Phil has great wrestling and BJJ something Jones has never faced before

I wouldnt be surprised Phil has great wrestling and BJJ something Jones has never faced before

img2_display_image.jpg

rashad.jpg

tumblr_m2wjhw0lI01qaa8d1o1_500.gif

You don't get it. He really doesn't mean it. The guy is just hyping a possible fight with Jones. That's how people get title shots today.

Talking your way into a title fight doesn't work if you're purely ridiculous and everyone laughs at you.

Davis should be talking smack about Bader now, then if he wins he should call out the loser of Rumble/Gus. That's Davis's path to a title shot.

He coudn't take down Rashad.

So, let's say Davis does get Jones down, what does Davis do from there? He can't control Jon, no one has. And from what I've seen of his ground work on skilled wrestlers, I'm not just not confident that he can mount any kind of offense on the mat against Jon. It's like the only thing he can do is possibly take Jones down and that possibility is slim to none and even if he gets Jon down, what will he do?. Jones said the same thing about Cormier. "If he gets me down, so what, what will he do?" Davis would have no hope in a Jones fight, none at all. If Jones knows he is going up against a grappler of any kind, his TDD is second to one.

I like Phil and he deserves a title shot if he beats Bader... but come on son, you are not lay n

Oh Phil you are so silly. But I like ya anyway because you choked out Gus and exposed him.

I like Phil's personality sometimes, but no. His Rumble fight showed he still has a lot of work to do.

As you can see.

The level of MMA fan analysis is at an all time high. Really seems like most of you put a great deal of critical thought into this stuff.

Didn't get down fighter A, so obviously he won't get down fighter B....Well done.'

Well its more-so that no one has held down fighter B who is also considered the best wrestler in his division. Meanwhile Phil got out-wrestled in both of his last 2 losses.

Just trying to talk his way into a title fight . Bad thing is if he beats Bader people will be on here saying he's the next great

Did he get Rashad down? Did he ever try? I think that one was a snoozer with Phil trying to show off his stand-up for whatever reason.

Let's try with Bader first.

Last time he was talking about Jones he held Rumble down for whooping 0 seconds.

lol this, Phil failed to learn from his lesson, and Bader aint no joke, he is himself a very good wrestler, if Phil cant hug him like he did Glover, Bader WILL outstrike him, maybe not as badly as Rumble, but I can see it.

I still think Phil wins tomorrow, but the fact that he AGAIN talks about Jones when he has no business trash talking him makes me wonder how good or bad he'll look tomorrow

I can get down anybody in the world?

That may be the worst thing a fighter like "Mr. Wonderful" could say. I'll use the term fighter loosely. GSP looks like Fedor compared to this guy.

Oops ya got me down..looks like you win the fight

I will enjoy to see Phil Davis get punched in the face in the future. I knew he was irritating to watch but what a dumb remark.

Back