Phil Davis guarantees he'd be able to take down Jon Jones: 'I'll get him down and kee

Uncommon Valor

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
"I'll get [Jones] down and keep him down," Davis said at a media luncheon last week in Los Angeles promotion UFC on FOX 14: Gustafsson vs. Johnson. "That is a fact. Put me on the record."

"I'm not sure how much he tried to," Davis said. "He went for a couple takedowns early on and then he just started putting hands on him. I mean, he definitely did wrestle. But at the same time, he kind of got away from it."

Davis doesn't think Jones would fare as well against him, especially in the wrestling game. But "Mr. Wonderful," a former four-time All-American wrestler at Penn State, first has to tackle Bader, another top-notch collegiate wrestler from Arizona State. Davis really likes Bader as a person and respects him as a fighter. But obviously he's confident going in.

"I can get down anybody in the world," Davis said.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/1/2...e-to-take-down-jon-jones-ill-get-him#comments

couldnt take down rumble

think he can take bones down

delusional

Let's try with Bader first.

Last time he was talking about Jones he held Rumble down for whooping 0 seconds.

Does Phil Davis not realize even his mom doesn't believe he'd beat Jones?

Dude, the schtick only works when you're kind of a threat to the guy you're smack talking.

You're not even kind of a threat.

This man has no qualms about saying he wants to lay on people

I know he's trying build himself up, but he needs to beat Darth Bader first.

He is right, just look at what he did against Rashad and Rumble

Oh wait...

he thinks he's a better wrestler than DC?

After he didn't get even close to rumble?

I like Phil Davis but damn man...

Im hoping Bader catches him, Phil is soooo boring even when he wins a fight its like ok he won whatever.

Let's try with Bader first.

Last time he was talking about Jones he held Rumble down for whooping 0 seconds.

He's absolutely going to lose this fight. You'd think he would have learned the last time he started looking past his opponent.

This guy needs some humility. DC talked a lot of shit but certainly had the credentials to do so. But even with his credentials and resume, he got smoked at his own game. What the fuck does Phil have for Jones? And what is he gonna do when Jones opens his face up with the elbows?

If DC was struggling to take Jones down , then Davis hasn't got a snowballs chance in hell.

Last edited:
I was a big Phil Davis fan until he did absolutely nothing against Rumble and continues to talk.

Somebody's learned that talking gets you title shots...

Jones would DESTROY Phil, Jones is better at everything.

You don't get it. He really doesn't mean it. The guy is just hyping a possible fight with Jones. That's how people get title shots today.

This guy needs some humility. DC talked a lot of shit but certainly had the credentials to do so. But even with his credentials and resume, he got smoked at his own game. What the fuck does Phil have for Jones? And what is he gonna do when Jones opens his face up with the elbows?
I agree with the spirit of what you are saying but it's a stretch to say DC was smoked in that fight in any of the dimensions.

Back