Phil Davis guarantees he'd be able to take down Jon Jones: 'I'll get him down and kee

Phil couldn't even take down Bader, Jones would murder him

Yet he can't take down Ryan Bader. Okay.

Phil needs to get cut. Talking only works if you win the fight after.

Conor bless

B8KPYtkCUAAjXtQ.png

Phil Davis isn't allowed to wear a Jon Jones T shirt let alone fight him....

I think Phil is confused on what makes something a fact. And I get a lot of fighters are trying their hand at self-promotion but trying to hype your way into a fight by promising a "lay and pray" performance?

This was already a ridiculous statement when it came out a few days ago but after that horrible fight its even funnier

Davis/DC next

This would make for a nice comeback W for DC. Follow that up with a win against Gus or DC (after whomever wins tonight gets beat by Jones) and DC is right back in the mix for another shot at an L against the champ.

"Best MMA Grappler"?

I think Ronda would have done a better job at taking Bader down.

Ronda via right hook over Phil "Mr. Slumberful" Davis.

Dude really needs to stop looking past his opponents.

Davis/DC next

Really?

I think Dana really needs to think long and hard about how Davis fits into the UFC LHW division. I'm not saying cut him per se, but it certainly would fit the rationale that was used to cut Fitch and Shields.

That said, DC has maybe one more chance to fight for the title based on his age. He should take on the loser of tonight's fight and then get another shot at Jones if he wins. Fighting Phil does nothing for him and would waste 6 months of his career.

DC would mop the floor with Davis handily and should probably be -800 favorite or more. I'd much rather see DC against Rashad or Rumble.

Back