• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News PFL officially purchases Bellator

Great interview by Hielwani today... Lots of good information coming from PFL , next year should definitely be interesting

Sick if francis keeps winning theyl take over for sure cross org fights need to happen unify the mma belts

PFL is now a big Franchise! They say 3 times more events, 32 events a year from the 5 PFL branches (including bellator). Who will go to what branch? The Tourney branch the Bellator branch the the I am so confused... but maybe the 3 pay for views a year will be more clear?
<Neil01><Hendricks02>

Kind of a minor league move to say "Look guys, we are equal to UFC now in their official announcement."

That's how you know they still aren't the big leagues. The UFC aren't sweating PFL or even mentioning their name at any point.

Yeah it works wonders for organizations to be advertising their competitors when they are feeling threatened.

The rosters aren't deep enough on they're own. They should do the PFL champ vs Bellator champ SB weekend then just merge the 2 after that

There is too much UFC for these other orgs to catch on. So much UFC that you don't even watch all of it, let alone have the time or inclination for a second org.

There is too much UFC for these other orgs to catch on. So much UFC that you don't even watch all of it, let alone have the time or inclination for a second org.

PFL has Saudi money backing it now. The UFC better not get complacent.

they need to get rid of that name. it locks it in place imo. Most people in general have no idea what a bellator is.

PFL isn't bad at least its professional and clean. easy to understand.

i don't see these guys competing with the ufc. they have a strong roster.

there is room in the market for a cheaper product that is of the same quality though if they could manage to deliver that it would be cool

I kinda wanted ONE FC to be the number 2 org and hopefully ONE fc rules will be standard in ufc in the next few years. I know ONE FC rules are only legal in the state of Colorado and Hawaii. But I'm hoping they will be legal in California and Nevada. Then and only then MMA can evolve. Knees and upkicks should be legal. I even think soccer kicks should be legal but they look too brutal. Knees aren't that brutal. I'm fine with ONE fc rules tho.

Price of $500 Million was floated originally, PFL bougfht them out for under $100 Million
<Dany07>
Ufc or TKO dropped the ball by not purchasing Bellator. Once ufc owns Bellator. They can poach a lot of good talent. Get access to the video library. Etc.

Ufc or TKO dropped the ball by not purchasing Bellator. Once ufc owns Bellator. They can poach a lot of good talent. Get access to the video library. Etc.
Their hands are tied with the anti trust lawsuit, the last thing they want to do now is look more like a monopoly

Back