• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News PFL officially purchases Bellator

Bellator has been degrading into near unwatchability for years now. Between the inconsistent quality of their roster, the awful commentary, the cheap overall production and the haphazard schedule of events, it's about as bad as it could be. I dont see how PFL could really make it any worse.

Kind of a minor league move to say "Look guys, we are equal to UFC now in their official announcement."

That's how you know they still aren't the big leagues. The UFC aren't sweating PFL or even mentioning their name at any point.

Bellator has been degrading into near unwatchability for years now. Between the inconsistent quality of their roster, the awful commentary, the cheap overall production and the haphazard schedule of events, it's about as bad as it could be. I dont see how PFL could really make it any worse.
Yeah maybe but its nothing exciting either.

Bud, it is obvious that you have familiarity with Bellator. Now, imagine what you just posted, and then imagine that PFL is worse than Bellator in just about every aspect of anything.

Yes, they can definitely do worse.

Glad I tuned into the final event. It was good, and then it wasn’t. The Coker era was a dud.

PFL isn’t very good, either. Its becoming more and more embarrassing to be an MMA fan.
Im not embarassed at all. Its just very difficult to start an MMA org and make a profit from nothing when UFC has such a long head start. Same with pro wrestling tbh. Bellator wasnt the first to go under,and it wont be the last.

Now that it’s over, favorite Bellator fight or fighters?

Even though he’s a piece of shit, one of the first fights I think about is Warren losing to Villa (the pos being Villa).

Both PFL and Bellator were vastly inferior to UFC, but maybe now things turn for the better. I’m happy this happened.
Why would this change anything though?

Im not embarassed at all. Its just very difficult to start an MMA org and make a profit from nothing when UFC has such a long head start. Same with pro wrestling tbh. Bellator wasnt the first to go under,and it wont be the last.

No, it’s getting embarrassing, really. Between the white-trash-FC of last weekend to the general decline in MMA quality, getting to that point. Still, it’s cage fighting, therefore I don’t expect all that much.

Back