• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Petr Yan vs Song Yadong in the works to headline UFC China, Dec. 9

Who wins if the fight get’s made?

• Total voters
I actually agree, I just expected that the UFC to give him a bigger step down than this. I'm rather surprised he's still in the Top 5 to be honest, despite the fact that he's only lost to elite competition. I think very highly of Song's potential and he looks like the real deal who can at least give any of the top guys a run for their money on any given night. He's also quite dangerous with a decent finish rate, so if he does end up beating Yan I fill like it'll be in a way where Petr could end up taking a lot of damage. Both guys will, in all likelihood.

I think Song is faster and hits harder tbh.
I also think if Yan tries to wrestle he'll find himself not reaching any level of success since Simon didn't find much success there.

This is going to be a much harder fight for Yan than people think sir.

he looked technical in the last fight, not to mention that Yadong hits hard and never gets tired.

giphy.gif
He is an alpha male puncher. Hardly the Sanda fighter he was supposed to be

Yan has the wrestling advantage. I think Yadong hits harder though. Petr wins if he mixes it up.

Russian media (Vestnik MMA, for example) spoke to Sayat, manager of Petr, according to him it's not true such fight wasn't offered.

He's got really good hands and good TDD and that can take you places sir.
He fought a wrestler who isn’t a big threat on his feet. I am pretty sure you were rocking with Simone for that fight. This is a different fight. It’s not going to be that easy for Song. Yan has a few hundred amateur boxing fights. You need a little more than power in punching. You need to set traps and outclass Yan on his feet.

He fought a wrestler who isn’t a big threat on his feet. I am pretty sure you were rocking with Simone for that fight. This is a different fight. It’s not going to be that easy for Song. Yan has a few hundred amateur boxing fights. You need a little more than power in punching. You need to set traps and outclass Yan on his feet.

Yes I was with Simon, who was looking real good before that fight.
He couldn't do shit with his wrestling unfortunately, but it is what it is.

Yan may have better boxing, but Songs hands are faster by a good margin.
Yan also starts slow which I think will work against him in this one tbh.

Yan won't be able to wrestle fuck him either.

Yan has the wrestling advantage. I think Yadong hits harder though. Petr wins if he mixes it up.

Simon couldn't do much with wrestling against Song, and if I'm fair I don't think Yan is a better wrestler than Simon.

Petr hasn't looked good since his first loss to Sterling and I think his losing streak is going to continue.
He literally beat Sandhagen in his very next fight after that loss and he looked impressive doing so. He also looked good against O'Malley in a fight which most people thought he should have won. He was lacklustre vs Aljo the second time, but even then it was a split decision. The only time he has actually been soundly defeated was against Merab, and even then I'd argue that Yan actually looked really good - his takedown defence was fantastic, it was just a bad match-up for him.

Simon couldn't do much with wrestling against Song, and if I'm fair I don't think Yan is a better wrestler than Simon.

Simon couldn't do much to a one legged Font either, to be fair. A better sign of Song's top notch takedown defense was against Cory Sandhagenov.

Simon couldn't do much to a one legged Font either, to be fair. A better sign of Song's top notch takedown defense was against Cory Sandhagenov.

I think Song is better than people are giving him credit for either way ;)

I think Song is better than people are giving him credit for either way ;)

I think he's got all the skills and physical gifts, just not sure if he's got the fight iq and tactics yet. That said, Petr isn't one who will try to play a point fighting game and out smart song anyways. I slightly favor song

He literally beat Sandhagen in his very next fight after that loss and he looked impressive doing so. He also looked good against O'Malley in a fight which most people thought he should have won. He was lacklustre vs Aljo the second time, but even then it was a split decision. The only time he has actually been soundly defeated was against Merab, and even then I'd argue that Yan actually looked really good - his takedown defence was fantastic, it was just a bad match-up for him.
Alright. cool. I still have a feeling Song walks out the winner but have no issue being wrong on this one.

Back