• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Petr Yan vs Song Yadong in the works to headline UFC China, Dec. 9

Who wins if the fight get’s made?

• Total voters
Good fight!! A nice match up for Yan with a guy that will stand with him. I think this is a pretty close on here.

I just can’t pick a winner here, since 1) these are my two favourite fighters at 135 (and bantamweight is my favourite division) and 2) it really is a fantastic matchup and a very tough one to predict.

I suppose that I’d prefer Yan to win, since he probably needs it more, but Yadong is such a dynamic, heavy-hitting and entertaining prospect, this would be a huge win and would probably catapult him to the top 5, where he’d likely be one big win away from a title shot. I’d love to see him rematch Sandhagen, I thought he was doing well until he got cut, to me he looked like the improved fighter in that fight, but things did seem to go downhill once blood started pouring in his eyes.

This is a fantastic matchup!

I think Yan takes this if his confidence hasn't wavered. Each of his UFC losses prior to Merab were atypical or had extenuating circumstances (DQ, close/controversial decisions). It'd be nice to see him get back and track and run it back with some of the division's elite.

I'll take Song in this. He looked on another level in his last fight.

Badass match up.

I can't get prime Petr Yan out of my head so I keep imagining Yan being too slick and too tricky for Song Yadong. I expect Song to get close to finishing Yan or atleast hurting him from starting fast and Yans tentative pressure forcing alot of shots out of Song but ultimately Yan will figure him out and atleast dominate the later part of fight.

This is all me imagining the Song that fought Cory vs the Petr that beat Cory

Last week Yan had an operation. I think this kinda confirms that the Song fight isn't happening (at least this year lol). Does anybody know what was his injury?

y.png

Last week Yan had an operation. I think this kinda confirms that the Song fight isn't happening (at least this year lol). Does anybody know what was his injury?

y.png

Seems like something was with eye.

Back