• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Petr Yan vs Song Yadong in the works to headline UFC China, Dec. 9

Who wins if the fight get’s made?

• Total voters
Very winnable fight for both, Yan hasn't had an easy schedule at all in the UFC.

This is a step down from what he's been doing.

I actually agree, I just expected that the UFC to give him a bigger step down than this. I'm rather surprised he's still in the Top 5 to be honest, despite the fact that he's only lost to elite competition. I think very highly of Song's potential and he looks like the real deal who can at least give any of the top guys a run for their money on any given night. He's also quite dangerous with a decent finish rate, so if he does end up beating Yan I fill like it'll be in a way where Petr could end up taking a lot of damage. Both guys will, in all likelihood.

Last edited:
I think if Yan shows up he can easily get the win, but unfortunately I think he is living in his worst possible timeline and loses this

Gone for Song, Yan always lets me down nowadays so no reason to expect it won't happen again.

Well looks like Yan needs a finish on this one, otherwise he will be fed for Chinese market promotion.
Yadong will strike hard and deep into Yans guts

im not even trying sorry guys but it’s still funny to me
Madong will do no such thing! Try that with Yadong and Mr. Yan will chop it off and send it to Longo-Sera packaged as Italian sausage.

O'Malley took Yans soul
The judges do that to fighters. Suga, his corner, and the Nelk Boys all had the same look of dejection as the decision was being announced. Suddenly, as Buffer announces "by split-decision", they are incredulous! I've never seen anything like it.

Dong is a little bigger but he isn’t really a technical fighter anymore. He is somewhat of a TAM basic brawler. It’s my beef with TAM. They have a guy who is an exceptional athlete and can’t really make use of the athlete’s technical skills either.
he looked technical in the last fight, not to mention that Yadong hits hard and never gets tired.

giphy.gif

I like both fighters, but gotta pull for Yan for the turnaround

Back