People defend Jones but has a champion ever been this annoying?

Only thing annoying about Bones Jones is his haters.

Johny_Hendricks_UFC_Fighter.jpg

Who's that Arab?

Courmier deserves his first shot at the title more than Gustafsson deserves his second shot at Jones. Gustafsson had his chance and lost. If Jones beats Courmier and Gustafsson beats his next opponent, THEN we can do Jones vs Gustafsson II. You have to do more than beat Jimmy Manuwa to earn a second shot at Jones.

The only one that came close of recent memory was Ben Henderson...
I like Ben; I think he's a legitimately good guy. That said, I can objectively see how he might grate on some folks' nerves.

As to Jones, I agree with the original poster. From the get-go he's been an irksome guy.

How the fuck can some of you say that Gus doesnt deserve a rematch? He aldready had a fight, against jimi and.... HE WON!! Why wouldnt he deserve a rematch after already gone out and won another fight..... ppl are so retarded

How the fuck can some of you say that Gus doesnt deserve a rematch? He aldready had a fight, against jimi and.... HE WON!! Why wouldnt he deserve a rematch after already gone out and won another fight..... ppl are so retarded

Winning alone doesn't warrant a title shot, Gus beat a verrry green fighter in Manuwa.

Only thing annoying about Bones Jones is his nut huggers.

Fixed that for ya

It's pretty sad that people even try to defend some of the shit that Jones has pulled. He has lied quite a bit, but you all stick to his ass like flies.

Jon Jones: "I don't drink alcohol"

Then:

method=get&s=jones-gif.gif

"Just to clear the record i've never turn down a mma fight against anyone and never will.."

10390251_763641897021071_5209235599364392731_n.jpg

I wouldn't hinge all of his annoyingness on the rematch/contract issue... but I don't think he has an equal.
Only Matt Hughes, or possibly Tim Sylvia with active twitter/facebook accounts during their reigns may have competed (especially Hughes)... Jamie Varner managed a decent hate crowd without the same level of exposure in his time.
I don't think Tito was really hated until the end of his run and then after his return to the UFC.

Edit:
In a nutshell, the only true competitor as a champ was Hughes... he had TUF and dammit to hell if that didn't turn him heel overnight... but Hughes admittedly didn't seem to give any fucks about who he fought

Last edited:
Seriously most people wanted and immediate rematch after Gus vs Jones but JJ said no that he watched the fight and it wasn't close (btw if you think it wasn't close you have bigger issues). Then Gus beats his next guy and re-earns his shot and now Jones thinks he's Joe Silva and wants to play matchmaker.

For the record, I think DC is the tougher fight but that doesn't matter. The fact is Jones should not be playing matchmaker. JDS got destroyed by Cain in their second fight and Cain rematched him like the champ he is.

First he wouldn't fight a middleweight to save 151, now this. Has any other dominant champ, like Silva, St Pierre, Liddell, Hughes, or any other ever had such an annoying streak?
Never!

His performance in the cage is superior.

Outside the cage he is one lame, sad man who is doing everything wrong.

He seems to be in the process of learning that while you're under a UFC contract, they own your ass. You aren't Mayweather, homie.

He is challenging that.. Where are all the UFC haters that deride those contracts and preach about fighter unions? Jones stuck up for himself over UFC 151 and won and now he's doing it again.. What because it's Jones all he gets is hate for not jumping to the UFC's tune?

Never!

His performance in the cage is superior.

Outside the cage he is one lame, sad man who is doing everything wrong.

Please explain how he is doing everything wrong exactly? Nobody seems to be able to articulate that all I hear is whining about his personality..

Please explain how he is doing everything wrong exactly? Nobody seems to be able to articulate that all I hear is whining about his personality..

if you can't see it you're blind and won't see it even if explained. you don't want to realize it.

or is your personality just like his and you think it is normal/okay?

Honestly I would pick Jones over Gus. I'm not delusional I don't think Jones sucks or he has no chance that's just stupid. I think a second time around he probably over prepares and works Gus.

What is stupid is his demeanor and entitlement. Combine all the things Jones does that are distasteful, and you have one of the more atrocious personalities in all of sports.

You could be wrong about that. When Bones tried to be "humble nice guy" everyone said it was fake and unattractive. When he turned full heel that is when I became a fan. I hope he talks more shit, makes more videos, and wins more fights. Its his inner asshole that is making him fans IMO.

if you can't see it you're blind and won't see it even if explained. you don't want to realize it.

or is your personality just like his and you think it is normal/okay?

So you can't explain it?

People seem to forget that Tito Ortiz was a champion once or Timmeh.

Also laughing at people saying Gus earned that rematch, he beat a guy he was expecting to blow out for a nice easy record padding win before his 2nd title shot, its not like they made him fight Hendo while he's undefeated or anything like that.

I prefer him to an insufferably bland Barao or Aldo. The latter are as generic as they come, and that irritates me more than Jones' arrogance.

Also, Tito Ortiz is and was way worse, I think.

Back