People defend Jones but has a champion ever been this annoying?

So you prefer fighters to be robotic in their answers and generally bland.
Sounds like Cain is your best bet in that department.

Cain is awesome. But no I don't want all champions to be robotic. Guys like Silva or Liddell were far from robotic but they did not come off as prima donnas every time they spoke.

Good for Jones! Dude wants to fight DC and not some opponent who bragged about losing to Jones. Besides, JJ probably has friends who are low level fighters or have fought in ufc prelims. Which means that, he needs to make sure he gets paid in full since the ufc is cheap as fuk and mma has more wear and tear on the body then any other combat sports since the grappling in the mma puts too much damage on the joints and its harder sport to recover.

Atleast in boxing, you get paid WAY more+ if your overtrained, you can work on your out-boxing/long distance cardio, while mma fighters have to put INSANE amount of stress because they have to learn boxing/muay thai/wrestling/jujitsu and occasionaly full contact Karate,Sambo/Judo and hard Kungfu/sanshou on top of their regular training.

Glad fighters are making it hard for Dana White!

Jones hasn't turned down Gus, he just hasn't agreed to the UFC terms.

The UFC announcing a fight that when they haven't reached an agreement with the fighters is what you should be mad at.

And since when to defeated CHALLENGERS get an immediate rematch? That's almost unheard of. Sonnen didn't even get that and that fight was completely one-sided until the last moment in the last round.

No one is getting an immediate rematch, unless you are talking about Glover.

Didn't jones vs Gus win fight of the year? Idk if Wikipedia is accurate but if true lol@ not wanting a rematch.

Cain is awesome. But no I don't want all champions to be robotic. Guys like Silva or Liddell were far from robotic but they did not come off as prima donnas every time they spoke.

I prefer Hank Aaron to Yasiel Puig, but times change.
I base my enjoyment upon what a fighter does in the cage primarily.
All Jon has done is beat every fighter they put in front of him('cept the Hammer).
He also exhibits an exciting style that emphasizes finishes, for the most part.
Is he egotistical at times, yep.
He reminds me a little bit of Jordan, kind of douchey personality, but performs when the lights are the brightest.

I didn't say worst based on a moral compass. I mean one of the worst in terms of like-ability. The guy opens his mouth and I wish my mma news had a filter or a mute button for him he's just annoying.

ok, mayweather again. Julian lane, war machine, June Browning, mayhem. naseem hamed, rjj, Phil rivers, Ron artest, LeBron, Richard Sherman, Chad ochocinco, Randy moss, terell Owens, ndukamong(sic) suh, Richie incognito.

im more familiar with the NFL than NBA, but im sure they have just as many loudmouths. Jones isn't bad, at all.

Seriously most people wanted and immediate rematch after Gus vs Jones but JJ said no that he watched the fight and it wasn't close (btw if you think it wasn't close you have bigger issues). Then Gus beats his next guy and re-earns his shot and now Jones thinks he's Joe Silva and wants to play matchmaker.

For the record, I think DC is the tougher fight but that doesn't matter. The fact is Jones should not be playing matchmaker. JDS got destroyed by Cain in their second fight and Cain rematched him like the champ he is.

First he wouldn't fight a middleweight to save 151, now this. Has any other dominant champ, like Silva, St Pierre, Liddell, Hughes, or any other ever had such an annoying streak?

Dana? Is that you?

I don't know who is right or wrong in this dispute, but until JJ issues some statements about it I withhold judgement. The astonishing thing is that you seen to take the side of DFW reflexively. This guy has been lying to the public for years whenever it suits him.

This is why the UFC should have a clause in each contract that simply states, if you have fights left on your contract your job is to fight who we put in front of you plain and simple. As long as they're in your weight class. Your job is to fight, if they want to put the same guy in front of you five times in a row then that's what you'll do because it's your job. Dates and places I can understand a little more but opponents I say nay nay you fight who they want you to.

The only one that came close of recent memory was Ben Henderson...

Benson take every fight they put in front of him, and always saying the right thing.

Jones is p4p most annoying champ eveer, IMO

they are independent contractors. they absolutely should try to play match maker, and anything else they can to further their career.

btw calling out the champ in a post fight interview or any other time is also trying to play matchmaker, where's the uproar over that?

their promotional company they're signed with are only out for themselves, the fans are only out for their own entertainment, fighters should be for themselves as well.

tito ortiz refused to fight chuck and even became his frenemy to keep an eye on him

This, Tito was the other annoying champ. Though I'm sure there was another one here/there that we just didn't have as much info on. Back in the day there wasn't as much notice in the news, obviously

Bones is really bad though. if this was about money I'd support him. But this is just a ridiculous situation all-around. It's not all on Jones, but he's not helping.

Jones is definitely a product of social media and a total prima donna. He has a personality that makes you want to see him get smacked in the head and he thinks he is bigger than he is. He seems to be in the process of learning that while you're under a UFC contract, they own your ass. You aren't Mayweather, homie.

Pretty good analysis for only your 13th post!

I don't like Jones, but I'm never going to fault a fighter for trying to get the best contract possible.

Seriously most people wanted and immediate rematch after Gus vs Jones but JJ said no that he watched the fight and it wasn't close (btw if you think it wasn't close you have bigger issues). Then Gus beats his next guy and re-earns his shot and now Jones thinks he's Joe Silva and wants to play matchmaker.

For the record, I think DC is the tougher fight but that doesn't matter. The fact is Jones should not be playing matchmaker. JDS got destroyed by Cain in their second fight and Cain rematched him like the champ he is.

First he wouldn't fight a middleweight to save 151, now this. Has any other dominant champ, like Silva, St Pierre, Liddell, Hughes, or any other ever had such an annoying streak?

Appreciate his great fights. He fights more than any other champion in stellar fashion.

Dude's got to look out for his own interests too.

Stop being a baby and pull your panties up.

titoortizgravediggercelebrationufc132.gif

Wearing_Gay_Mezger_shirt.jpg

Jones is doing what fighters in his position should do

Ask for MOAR!!!

It would be better if he started a Fighters Union just to troll Dana

TS is right, Jon might be the most hated champion-and not by choice.
Like people hated Lesnar but Lesnar kind of wanted that.
Jones wants love but something about him just ticks people off

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back