People defend Jones but has a champion ever been this annoying?

Dontevenguess93

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Seriously most people wanted and immediate rematch after Gus vs Jones but JJ said no that he watched the fight and it wasn't close (btw if you think it wasn't close you have bigger issues). Then Gus beats his next guy and re-earns his shot and now Jones thinks he's Joe Silva and wants to play matchmaker.

For the record, I think DC is the tougher fight but that doesn't matter. The fact is Jones should not be playing matchmaker. JDS got destroyed by Cain in their second fight and Cain rematched him like the champ he is.

First he wouldn't fight a middleweight to save 151, now this. Has any other dominant champ, like Silva, St Pierre, Liddell, Hughes, or any other ever had such an annoying streak?

The only one that came close of recent memory was Ben Henderson...

tito ortiz refused to fight chuck and even became his frenemy to keep an eye on him

I have to agree. If you're a champion, take any fight that is in front of you and don't try and pick who you get to fight. Otherwise, the whole ducking thing comes up.

So you basically hate Jon Jones, got it.
BTW, UFC makes fights since they are the matchmaker.
Jon is just stating his opinion as to who he would like to fight, or who deserves a shot at his belt.
See fighters are like sherdoggers, they have opinions about MMA and shit like that.

dBNKQ.gif

I have to agree. If you're a champion, take any fight that is in front of you and don't try and pick who you get to fight. Otherwise, the whole ducking thing comes up.

Honestly I would pick Jones over Gus. I'm not delusional I don't think Jones sucks or he has no chance that's just stupid. I think a second time around he probably over prepares and works Gus.

What is stupid is his demeanor and entitlement. Combine all the things Jones does that are distasteful, and you have one of the more atrocious personalities in all of sports.

Jones is definitely a product of social media and a total prima donna. He has a personality that makes you want to see him get smacked in the head and he thinks he is bigger than he is. He seems to be in the process of learning that while you're under a UFC contract, they own your ass. You aren't Mayweather, homie.

All fighters have a choice when it comes to match making. They can accept or decline.

Last edited:
Jones is definitely a product of social media and a total prima donna. He has a personality that makes you want to see him get smacked in the head and he thinks he is bigger than he is. He seems to be in the process of learning that while you're under a UFC contract, they own your ass. You aren't Mayweather, homie.

He is basically the UFC's version of Justin Bieber.

I have no problem with Jones. He is probably the most active Champion. He fights

So you basically hate Jon Jones, got it.
BTW, UFC makes fights since they are the matchmaker.
Jon is just stating his opinion as to who he would like to fight, or who deserves a shot at his belt.
See fighters are like sherdoggers, they have opinions about MMA and shit like that.

I've defended him quite a bit. I'm not some delusional hater that thinks he chooses easy fights or only wins because of reach, I know how great he is.

But I don't see how anyone can stomach his personality. I am a guy who never talks crap and largely roots for guys based on style alone. But every time Jones opens his mouth my conscience does not let me like the guy, and I was a fan!

Jones hasn't turned down Gus, he just hasn't agreed to the UFC terms.

The UFC announcing a fight that when they haven't reached an agreement with the fighters is what you should be mad at.

And since when to defeated CHALLENGERS get an immediate rematch? That's almost unheard of. Sonnen didn't even get that and that fight was completely one-sided until the last moment in the last round.

I have to agree that the guy the promotion asks you to fight when you're the champion you should fight. Gus deserves a rematch for fighting Jones harder than anyone else has. Fans want to see if he can do it again. Jones might go down as the GOAT but the UFC isn't like boxing. You can't really pick and choose who you fight

Jones hasn't turned down Gus, he just hasn't agreed to the UFC terms.

The UFC announcing a fight that when they haven't reached an agreement with the fighters is what you should be mad at.

And since when to defeated CHALLENGERS get an immediate rematch? That's almost unheard of. Sonnen didn't even get that and that fight was completely one-sided until the last moment in the last round.

It's not immediate. Both Jones and Gus have fought since their bout.

Jones is under contract right now, if the UFC is open to making a new contract that benefits Jones because he is a money maker, good for him. He's still under contract at this time to fight for the UFC and defend his title against the #1 contender, Gus.

I've defended him quite a bit. I'm not some delusional hater that thinks he chooses easy fights or only wins because of reach, I know how great he is.

But I don't see how anyone can stomach his personality. I am a guy who never talks crap and largely roots for guys based on style alone. But every time Jones opens his mouth my conscience does not let me like the guy, and I was a fan!

So you prefer fighters to be robotic in their answers and generally bland.
Sounds like Cain is your best bet in that department.

Honestly I would pick Jones over Gus. I'm not delusional I don't think Jones sucks or he has no chance that's just stupid. I think a second time around he probably over prepares and works Gus.

What is stupid is his demeanor and entitlement. Combine all the things Jones does that are distasteful, and you have one of the more atrocious personalities in all of sports.

you must not be very into sports. Jones is a friendly, down to earth saint compared to some guys. like mayweather, or pacman Jones. ray Lewis killed 2 guys. Aaron Hernandez killed at least 1. Tyson is a rapist. if DUI makes a dude the worst in MMA, our sport is full of saints compared to the NFL.

you must not be very into sports. Jones is a friendly, down to earth saint compared to some guys. like mayweather, or pacman Jones. ray Lewis killed 2 guys. Aaron Hernandez killed at least 1. Tyson is a rapist. if DUI makes a dude the worst in MMA, our sport is full of saints compared to the NFL.

I didn't say worst based on a moral compass. I mean one of the worst in terms of like-ability. The guy opens his mouth and I wish my mma news had a filter or a mute button for him he's just annoying.

Back