People defend Jones but has a champion ever been this annoying?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Dontevenguess93, Jun 2, 2014.

1. Dontevenguess93

Dontevenguess93 Brown Belt

Seriously most people wanted and immediate rematch after Gus vs Jones but JJ said no that he watched the fight and it wasn't close (btw if you think it wasn't close you have bigger issues). Then Gus beats his next guy and re-earns his shot and now Jones thinks he's Joe Silva and wants to play matchmaker.

For the record, I think DC is the tougher fight but that doesn't matter. The fact is Jones should not be playing matchmaker. JDS got destroyed by Cain in their second fight and Cain rematched him like the champ he is.

First he wouldn't fight a middleweight to save 151, now this. Has any other dominant champ, like Silva, St Pierre, Liddell, Hughes, or any other ever had such an annoying streak?

2. MMARK1

MMARK1 Orange Belt

The only one that came close of recent memory was Ben Henderson...

3. skullmaskkid

skullmaskkid Banned Banned

tito ortiz refused to fight chuck and even became his frenemy to keep an eye on him

4. Nuclear Fallout

Nuclear Fallout Blue Belt

I have to agree. If you're a champion, take any fight that is in front of you and don't try and pick who you get to fight. Otherwise, the whole ducking thing comes up.

5. cumafish

cumafish Silver Belt

So you basically hate Jon Jones, got it.
    BTW, UFC makes fights since they are the matchmaker.
    Jon is just stating his opinion as to who he would like to fight, or who deserves a shot at his belt.
    See fighters are like sherdoggers, they have opinions about MMA and shit like that.

6. MMAth Problem

MMAth Problem Skipper

7. Dontevenguess93

Honestly I would pick Jones over Gus. I'm not delusional I don't think Jones sucks or he has no chance that's just stupid. I think a second time around he probably over prepares and works Gus.

What is stupid is his demeanor and entitlement. Combine all the things Jones does that are distasteful, and you have one of the more atrocious personalities in all of sports.

8. QuesoBlanco

QuesoBlanco White Belt

Jones is definitely a product of social media and a total prima donna. He has a personality that makes you want to see him get smacked in the head and he thinks he is bigger than he is. He seems to be in the process of learning that while you're under a UFC contract, they own your ass. You aren't Mayweather, homie.

9. One Inch Punch

One Inch Punch Purple Belt

All fighters have a choice when it comes to match making. They can accept or decline.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2014
  10. Dontevenguess93

He is basically the UFC's version of Justin Bieber.

11. One Inch Punch

One Inch Punch Purple Belt

reminds me of those car toy dogs that bob their heads in the car when it is moving

12. GoshiShun17

GoshiShun17 Brown Belt

I have no problem with Jones. He is probably the most active Champion. He fights

13. Dontevenguess93

I've defended him quite a bit. I'm not some delusional hater that thinks he chooses easy fights or only wins because of reach, I know how great he is.

But I don't see how anyone can stomach his personality. I am a guy who never talks crap and largely roots for guys based on style alone. But every time Jones opens his mouth my conscience does not let me like the guy, and I was a fan!

14. djacobox372

djacobox372 Gold Belt

Jones hasn't turned down Gus, he just hasn't agreed to the UFC terms.

The UFC announcing a fight that when they haven't reached an agreement with the fighters is what you should be mad at.

And since when to defeated CHALLENGERS get an immediate rematch? That's almost unheard of. Sonnen didn't even get that and that fight was completely one-sided until the last moment in the last round.

15. cumafish

cumafish Silver Belt

I hope English is not your primary language.

16. chiefandres

chiefandres Blue Belt

I have to agree that the guy the promotion asks you to fight when you're the champion you should fight. Gus deserves a rematch for fighting Jones harder than anyone else has. Fans want to see if he can do it again. Jones might go down as the GOAT but the UFC isn't like boxing. You can't really pick and choose who you fight

17. QuesoBlanco

QuesoBlanco White Belt

It's not immediate. Both Jones and Gus have fought since their bout.

Jones is under contract right now, if the UFC is open to making a new contract that benefits Jones because he is a money maker, good for him. He's still under contract at this time to fight for the UFC and defend his title against the #1 contender, Gus.

18. cumafish

cumafish Silver Belt

So you prefer fighters to be robotic in their answers and generally bland.
    Sounds like Cain is your best bet in that department.

19. 7437

7437 Gold Belt

you must not be very into sports. Jones is a friendly, down to earth saint compared to some guys. like mayweather, or pacman Jones. ray Lewis killed 2 guys. Aaron Hernandez killed at least 1. Tyson is a rapist. if DUI makes a dude the worst in MMA, our sport is full of saints compared to the NFL.

20. Dontevenguess93

I didn't say worst based on a moral compass. I mean one of the worst in terms of like-ability. The guy opens his mouth and I wish my mma news had a filter or a mute button for him he's just annoying.