People defend Jones but has a champion ever been this annoying?

Naseem Hamed.

Watching him lose was one of the best feelings I've ever had.

Last edited:
First he wouldn't fight a middleweight to save 151, now this. Has any other dominant champ, like Silva, St Pierre, Liddell, Hughes, or any other ever had such an annoying streak?

lol hater

Johny_Hendricks_UFC_Fighter.jpg

So you prefer fighters to be robotic in their answers and generally bland.
Sounds like Cain is your best bet in that department.

Cain is awesome, he doesn't bitch around and complain, when he fights he's as brutal as he can be yet as humble as he should be.

Reminds me of Fedor.

One could say the thread starter and most of you sherdog posters are far more annoying than many of you think Jones is. There are two sides to a story so you need to wait on the other side of the story.

Seriously you little kids in here need a hobby.

Last edited:
Cain is awesome, he doesn't bitch around and complain, when he fights he's as brutal as he can be yet as humble as he should be.

Reminds me of Fedor.

He is no where near fedor in attitude who has never made an excuse for a loss, Cain has.

Honestly I would pick Jones over Gus. I'm not delusional I don't think Jones sucks or he has no chance that's just stupid. I think a second time around he probably over prepares and works Gus.

What is stupid is his demeanor and entitlement. Combine all the things Jones does that are distasteful, and you have one of the more atrocious personalities in all of sports.

I hate how he gets away with his eye poking. Then later makes jokes about it.

To be fair he does have a history of being choosy of fights. I still remember he refuse to step up a couple of fights ago.

Can't side with him on this one. He is choosy imo and he is known for it.

every fighter should do whatever they can to get leverage so they can make as much money as they can.

It's unfortunate because Jones is a great fighter and I love to actually watch him at work in the Octagon, but every time he opens his mouth he makes me cringe. It's fun to root against him though, I suppose. Hopefully he'll stop dragging his feet and sign on for the fight soon.

I think the idea of Gus deserving an immeadiate rematch is unrealistic. There are other contenders waiting for a title shot. What about those guys? Do they not deserve a shot? Gus lost. Thats a fact. You can argue about who "really" won or the morality of the decision or compare pics and what not. But the fact of the matter is he lost. Yes he deserves a title shot again. But so do the other guys.

Annoying!? I don't use twitter and I don't read every interview of his so I could give 2 fucks: I suggest you do the same. All fighters have a right to accept or refuse a fight.

I honestly despise him. He represents everything that's wrong with humanity in general. He's always been significantly larger/stronger than his opponents, and as soon as someone of similar stature comes around and nearly beats him, he's had enough.

He's just a bully, and a snitch too.

It's unfortunate because Jones is a great fighter and I love to actually watch him at work in the Octagon, but every time he opens his mouth he makes me cringe. It's fun to root against him though, I suppose. Hopefully he'll stop dragging his feet and sign on for the fight soon.

This ^^^^^

Annoying!? I don't use twitter and I don't read every interview of his so I could give 2 fucks: I suggest you do the same. All fighters have a right to accept or refuse a fight.

Why exactly should any fighter be able to refuse a fight? Unless of course they are leaving like GSP did.

Jones is under an exclusivity contract which spells out who he can fight for (UFC) and both parties rights and responsibilities. Given that no one on either side is ever going to let you see what the contract states, you can assume from all the back and forth that Jones does not have the power to choose his opponents, only to not sign the actual fight event contract. The UFC has shown that it does not like someone making demands, and in that they have Jones in the middle of a 5 fight deal, they are not going to back down. If Jones decides that he will not sign the deal then he will get to join the Diaz brothers on the sidelines while Gus and DC fight it out for the "vacated" LHW championship. And there goes Jones extra Nike, Gatorade etc.. endorsement money. So, while people are saying he has the upper hand, in reality if he wants to bring in the "real" money that is endorsements (Michael Jordan still makes more per year than Lebron does strictly off endorsement money) he needs to fight in the UFC often.

Seriously most people wanted and immediate rematch after Gus vs Jones but JJ said no that he watched the fight and it wasn't close (btw if you think it wasn't close you have bigger issues). Then Gus beats his next guy and re-earns his shot and now Jones thinks he's Joe Silva and wants to play matchmaker.

For the record, I think DC is the tougher fight but that doesn't matter. The fact is Jones should not be playing matchmaker. JDS got destroyed by Cain in their second fight and Cain rematched him like the champ he is.

First he wouldn't fight a middleweight to save 151, now this. Has any other dominant champ, like Silva, St Pierre, Liddell, Hughes, or any other ever had such an annoying streak?
So losing to the champ and then fighting a guy that's not even in the top 10 earns you a title shot?

And to answer your question, Sonnen dominated Silva for 23 minutes until Silva got lucky with a hail-mary sub and had to fight 2 more guys before earning a rematch.

Earned his title shot? He beat Jimi Manuwa, a very good fighter but he's not close to the best LHW has to offer. Jones feels like the UFC set up this rematch too easy in Gus' favour and they are trying to make Jones look bad, the public is pressuring him also. Jon probably knows that if Gustafsson wins his next fight against stronger competition and Jones beats red-hot DC then the fight will be even bigger, but of course the UFC insists on rushing it for a quick buck instead of building it to it's full potential (i.e. JDS vs Overeem).

Back